pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1:
pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
>Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5:
www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors:
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
>/civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
>Official short stories:
www.mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682721604
youtube.com/watch?v=N-IPzITqEf4
twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/890264907458936833
twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/890270069082685452
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>First question, how do I prevent a fallen empire from awakening? Is the only one to not grow bigger than 50k fleet power?
The requirements are as following:

At least 100 years must have passed, they are not at war, and their fleet power is above 40,000[2].
A default empire is getting too strong (above 50k Fleet power[2]) or has conquered a Fallen Empire world.
There has been no other Awakening and no Guardian of the Galaxy thus far.
The event has a 50% chance of occurring every 50 years, modified as following:
If there is more than one Fallen Empire in the game, the time is multiplied by the number of Fallen Empires (it is unclear if that includes no longer existing ones). This offsets the increased chance for one of them to awaken.
If an empire has 75k Fleet power[2], the time is halved.
If a Fallen Empire planet was taken by a default empire, the time is reduced by 90%.
If the Global Flag "high_awaken_chance" is set, the time is reduced by 99%. (There is no event that set that flag, so it is likely for debugging purposes)

[2]It appears that the fleet power looks at each fleet separately, rather than all fleets combined. So split fleets can trip this up easily.

In other words:
Just split up your fleet into 20k stacks and you won't awaken the FEs.

Are we death?

Third for Wiz being a giant fucking faggot.

>
>nigh impossible I feel, especially if they are on the other side of the galaxy.
It's a race. You have to become powerful quickly so that you can defeat whichever empire is thriving on the other side of the galaxy.

>They have 100k fleet power, I have sub-50, they'll always be stronger?
The basic idea is that you colonize the entire galaxy, then perfect your economy so that you can afford to build a big fleet quickly. Ship construction times are very short, and the bottleneck is money, but money doesn't wake up the FEs.

What's the difference between "+3food on exploitation" and "+3 food on tiles that give food"?

Exploitation are the tiles directly around your city.

Aren't those the only ones you gain anything from? Or did you mean city center?

You do get stuff from city tiles, but at the cost of those tiles giving less food and an approval penalty. You can tell if a tile is being exploited or not by the farmland-like design on it.

>AE was abused by me until it has 1 planet left and is now gangbanged by 2 of his satellites
>I cleansed the other free empire's planet just recently and waiting to declare another war right after this truce end

Once everything is said and done I will finally get time to purge all other species in my empire.

Why does this mod break achievements?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682721604

How do I import the Byzantine flag into stellaris?

She's a strong, independent Nubian woman who don't need no Amun.

did you guys see this yet?
youtube.com/watch?v=N-IPzITqEf4
funny af tbvqh

A NUBIAN QUEEN

I don't know who that is

Oh i was under the impression Angry Joe was a big part of the Civilization base

Maybe among redditors? I don't follow e celebs. I assume this is some kind of drama?

What's happening?

Never heard of him. Is he that angry nerd guy that was on steam for a while?

Dawn Officers absolutely don't have good damage. They've got less damage output than fucking Stalwarts. That and the missing equipment slot are their weaknesses.

>Hungry Vargas shits out shitty content
>people notice and call him out
>Joenathan says ok and promises more game reviews
>makes schedule promising consistency
>fails
>takes a vacation to get away from work
>comes back and makes a video saying he needs a second vacation
>people unsubscribe.

A POLISH KING

>vicky 2 has fleet stacking penalties so you can't just make a death stack fleet that murders everything
>hoi3 has fleet stacking penalties so you can't just make a death stack fleet that murders everything
>hoi4 has fleet stacking penalties so you can't just make a death stack fleet that murders everything
>stellaris doesn't have fleet stacking penalties so there is no reason not to make one uber fleet and crash it into your opponent's uber fleet and the single outcome of that battle is the result of the war because the losing side cannot rebuild their fleet faster than the opposing side can destroy everything
epik xd

Might have more impact if I knew who those people were or any of the history behind them. But it just sounds like a typical case of a youtuber getting really fat off of advertising/patreon then grinding their productivity to a halt. Usually these types have fanatically loyal fanbases that will never forsake them even if a lot of people ditch them.

Oh. That's uninteresting. Figured it'd be something about talking about jews or sjw topics and drama about that. Some blogger not releasing content on a regular basis is a big deal these days?

How would the competitive PvE aspect work? Offworld Trade company where goal is to make the most money?

>Competitive
>PvE

Hmm...

Penalties, plus they should have it so if you bring in another fleet after the battle starts it gets a flanking bonus that improves its damage for a short duration of the battle. Maybe have it so flanking only applies after the battle has been going for a certain amount of time. Also you could have an advanced military tech that allows coordination between separate fleets, granting your fleets a "support bonus" when they fight battles alongside at least one friendly/allied fleet.

Cause I think it's bogus how right now there's zero benefit to teaming up to fight strong enemies. Even if you have multiple fleets that add up to the fleet power of the enemy or higher, they will lose to that enemy because the combat AI will just match him against each individual fleet instead of adding their power together.

Doomstack vs doomstack only works until you fight enemies you can't outstack, like AEs. Then you have to get cheeky.

>Flanking bonus in galaxy

It should be from all sides not just a plane. Also why can't I fly "up" or "down" in Stellaris?

Why is the AI keep building habitat without putting pops in them?

>Have to ban AI as a satellite of Materialist Awaken Empire
>Materialist AE can use AI themselves

Really makes you think.

Because Wiz can't code AI

The AI still can't handle not running out of food, you expect it to be able to handle habitats.

As hilarious as the distraction corvettes plan is, it feels so gamey and ridiculous that I hate doing it.

is a good lad. A great part of HoI3's combat system was being able to support an attack from multiple angles for bonuses.

I thought Wiz is just a spokeperson. Is he a programmer?

>unironically becoming an AE's good goy
>2317

He is the game director.

>I thought Wiz is just a spokeperson
If only.
That would at least limit the damage he does to PR only.

Here's how you win any war in Stellaris.

>start watching stellaris videos on youtube because I'm loving the game
>now I keep getting recommended to Fermi Paradox and Flat Earth videos
Fuck off Kurzgesagt.

>struggle on EL on hard
>boot a game of cultists
>mfw drowning the entire continent with brainwashed inferior species

Hey, I made a post in the last thread, how do you get 4x 40k(160k) fleet power fleets when the FE awakens when you reach 50k?

Should I play games with one FE to reduce a early awakening, or the more the better?

I laughed way too hard at that.

Want to be friends on steam? Maybe play together?

I think the trigger is when a single fleet reaches 40K. So if you have ten fleets of 39K, it won't trigger until one of them reaches 40K. I believe that's what happens...

Is this even worth it? I don't mean going for it if you can, I mean making it the primary thing that determines where you settle.

I wish there is a way to kill civilian units outright in Stellaris during a war. Maybe a hunnic or Genghis Khan massacre style. It would take years to kill off all civilians with dozens of soldiers, take months to kill them off with 100 psi warriors and days for 500+ psi warriors. Habitats should be able to be destroyed by the fleets too. I don't care about diplomatic penalty, just want a way to kill off Xenos faster.

1st post in thread.

Wait, I thought it counts all your fleets together, right?

Quick question the 10% research ascension perk.

Is it additively added to the lead scientist bonus? For example would it be +30% from a spark of genius skill 5 scientist? Is it an increase to the population production like the intelligent species trait? Or a global output modifier including the mined research?

Nope. The trigger specifically checks every fleet to see if it has 40,000 (50k, 75k for some checks) power or more. 2 fleets of 39,999 will not trigger it. A fleet that increases from 39,999 to 40,000 because of a single upgraded gun or admiral skill level up will trigger it.

It's stupidly coded but you can reach fleet levels that make fallen empire fleets "pathetic" in comparison but that won't trigger an awakening simply because you keep them in 20k stacks.

Lead scientist bonus.

I assume that's the same for all unspecified research bonus. Thanks.

Onto a more open topic.
What's everyone's favorite starting ruler trait?

Industrialist and Space Miner?

>Planetary capital's bonus, when building at the edge of a planet tile, does not extend to the other edge of the planet

It is confirmed that all planets are flat, so flat earther are corret in Stellaris universe.

Additive. To the scientist doing the research, termed Research Speed. Things that alter mined research is Research Production like the curators "helping research production"

+10% research ascension perk + 10% spark of genius + 2%*5 for a level 5 scientist

Other things you can do to increase science is the "free thinking" edict for +5%, finishing the discovery tradition tree for +10%, building a Research Institute for +5%, completing the Gargantua black hole guardian quest for +5% or +10%. Upgrading to cyborgs/synths/psionists also boosts research speed.

sent :^)

>just want a way to kill off Xenos faster
This.

That seems... exploitive.

In before
>clever use of game mechanics
I mean, sure its broken that a 40k fleet makes a 150k fleet wreck you, but yeah. They should fix that.
Nevermind, you're a butt.

>What's everyone's favorite starting ruler trait?
Warlike for cheaper cede planet demand and more ship damage, champion of the people for a basic +5% happy, corvette focus simply because of how many corvettes I build in early game.

I just discovered genetically altering species.

I will never alter humans cause we're perfect, but making aliens I conquered take 20% less goods makes my dick hard.

All races shall serve humans, or die.

If you have less than the Sun Tzu fleet power needed to take on the AE defensive stations, the tactic is:
> Accept satellite/thrall/signatory status
> Build until you have Sun Tzu appropriate power
> Declare independence war
> Win using Sun Tzu

But intelligent and natural x only go towards science produced on planets, right?

Let ships genocide from orbit, countered by planetary shield generators, bunker complexes, ground 2 space defense batteries

Yep.

Don't know why there's two kinds of science bonuses all the way into 1.7.4 but it just is.

It's neither.
The perk subtracts numbers from the raw "How much research mana does this tech require" figure. Same as Administrative AI and Sentient AI.
Whereas curator / scientist bonuses add a multiplier to the amount of mana you produce.

So the perk lowers the target value where as scientists inflate the production value

whats sun tzu fleet power

Because one is race specific and the other is global...or rather universal

>mfw I thought Armageddon lets me wipe out a planet's pop but it is just a slighter stronger full orbital

That's even better.

Six times the strength of an AE snare station.
Did you not read the infographic?

Yes. That would do too. Actually you can kill off pops accidentally by bombing now but it is super inefficient if your aim is to cleanse the planet.

Yeah, and it has a "terror bombing" penalty.

Can't there be a way to let me build multiple megastructure at the same time? I don't care if it is another ascension perk. I will take it.

Please do not bully the Riftborn.

If Riftborn are so great why don't they have more fanart?

Because ES2 is dead in the water
There will never be any Riftborn lewd

>210k minerals for +400 energy credit
>not to mention YEARS to build it

It is a fucking scam.

You ready for fucking space unicorns?
twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/890264907458936833

Good value for money over the lifetime of a star.

>500
That tweet could just have been 'I'll add unicorns to Stellaris'.

No wonder their code's badly optimised.

The biggest problem is that I can't build other megastructure. I actually don't care about the cost too much.

New Synth portraits in the base game WHEN?
Also, is it worth to go Cyber Ascension instead of another one + Share the Burden Edict? +10% robot output is better than any perk the ascension can offer.

fucking mlp faggots

If my math is right, It will take 44 years for the Dyson sphere to begin turning a profit.

Best megastructure is habitat because you can put them on your anus.

44 years will get you enough energy for 105600 minerals from the merchant enclaves.
So 44 years is 211200 energy credits.

But wait, there's more!
twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/890270069082685452

>merchant enclaves.
Who actually trades minerals to merchant enclaves unless they're lazy, stupid or incredibly desperate? I get trading enough to get the special resources, but beyond that? Why?

I try to get at least a 1:1 ratio if not a 1.1 to 1 when I trade. It's easy too. Want minerals? Find pacifist who has never gone to war, they'll have so much they won't value them. Want energy? Find somebody who's in a war, they'll be desperate for minerals.

what if you want food!?

find anybody because who the fuck doesn't keep at least 1000 food on them 20 years in

what a fucking moron
>implementing things based on upboats

573 hours in and I have never traded food, probably should try it though. Would be nice if I could trade consumer goods too.

I usually try to find the UN of Earth, they're usually a great trading partner. They're either desperate for minerals because they're at war with their neighbor over the definition of true egalitarianism or they're completely blocked in and need to get rid of minerals because they haven't spent it on anything in decades. That ctrl-shift clicking for 1000 minerals/energy at a time is great.

I basically pissed off the entire universe with my purging. Even my vassals hate my gut. Trading with merchant enclave is easy because they always have infinite minerals and energy. I always just trade my energy for minerals when I depleted them to build megastructure. Since I have +3k energy and +1.7k minerals monthly, my resources is always on cap.

Sad thing is half the people who are voting for this shit probably dont play the game and are just mlp fans of mlp stellaris fans.

Ok so now that the attempt of making tall play more viable failed with the awful win-more mega structures, does anyone know if Pdox said they are going to overhaul the combat?

And I really mean overhaul, as in completely redesign and a base a DLC around it.
I know its a dead horse at this point, but it really is the gameĀ“s biggest failing and it completely kills my enjoyment of the game every time I get to the endgame.

Whats wrong with it? Im kind of new.

It is impossible to make a tall empire because planet size is limited and your naval capacity depends a lot on your number of spaceport.

Where to begin, it really has been discussed to death.

Imagine a glorious fleet of starships, from the smallest hulls of the fighters to the behemoths that are the battleships, cutting though the void in formation, clashing with another fleet. The engagement is a perfect symphony of maneuvering, thrusts and counter thrusts, both admirals using all the tools at their disposal to come out on top.

Now imagine a braindead swarm of bees fighting with another braindead swarm of bees.

I will let you pick which one describes Stellaris.

Well I mean, if you dont play with the "difficulty" turned up, in other words AI cheating out of their asses, you can play tall all you want. I regularly do. That doesnt really change the fact that the mega structures are mostly useless. If I have 80k minerals, the tech and the time to repair a Ringworld, Ive already won the game.

I don't know why would anyone expect anything good out of Paradox. Much less good space combat.

>Best
>Only 12 tiles
>No bonus yields
>Increase your tradition and technology cost

If only it doesn't count towards the costs.

Nostalgia mostly. I dont even need it to be good. I just need it to be serviceable. The combat in Hearts of Iron was never something I lost sleep over, but it did its job for the most part.

I am not asking for them to turn Stellaris into Sins of a solar empire or Homeworld, but they really need to give the player more control and make all weapons actually worth using.