Whats the word on f150s with the ecoboost engines? Would you buy one thats out of warranty or just stick with NA?

Whats the word on f150s with the ecoboost engines? Would you buy one thats out of warranty or just stick with NA?

Other urls found in this thread:

americanmuscle.com/ford-performance-23l-ecoboost-crate-engine-1517-ecoboost.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

more torque than the silverado. also delivers it at a lower rpm

You made this thread just to post this, didnt you?

obsessed

Shitty engine. My dad had one, took care of it like he was supposed to and blew out while he was out of town at 130,000 miles.

Just stick with the 5L. If this is Alphonse behind this board shove an ecoboost engine up my ass big daddy.

I've driven both.
I own the 5.0 F150.
Even Ford technicians agree that the 5.0 is the way to go.

Ecoboost crate engines when, I need a 300bhp turbo I4

confused

You either have Eco or boost.

Wouldn't recommend over the 5.0.

Sexually

>Whats the word on f150s with the ecoboost engines?
Unreliable and found in econo cars. non-enthusists and point a to b'ers only.
True enthusiasts prefer naturally aspirated v8 n v12's

kek the gt uses an ecno car engine and beats the z06 and zr1

What do you mean when? They've been available for years.

americanmuscle.com/ford-performance-23l-ecoboost-crate-engine-1517-ecoboost.html

v8 and the v12 are the only engine that matter.
i4 if you want to turbo a light engine.

and yet the gt is faster than gm's top of the line car

john cena sold his gt because it was gay v6

And then got sued lmaooo

ya ford got hella butthurt lol

Butthurt about what? The GT being faster than the shitvette? nah dude.

It's not tho

It is?

Just kidding u got joked on.

How's it going fampai?

it's going good so far, just need to finish up friday work so i can be off for christmas..

and prolly talk with u if ur available,

how are u?

Good. I'm finishing my finals today. Just shitposting a bit before I start. I'm off till January 20th after that.

good luck, hope u pass!

>6.5k

I don't know what I expected, 3S-GTE it is then

I will.

Don't have a F150 as they're not available in my country but I did decide to buy a used 1.0L 125 Fiesta Ecoboost. I've had a lot of fun in it, but I generally drive eco.. it flirts with 60mpg avg.

Plenty of pull on them, but I'm not sure how long these type of engines will actually live for, so I'll probably sell it on in a couple years but saying that I've seen these cars with 100,000+ miles already.

>be ford
>build ecoboost engine
>need to add some updates to the engine
>"let's put a fucking plastic oil drain plug on it"
>"actually scratch that, let's make the ENTIRE FUCKING OIL PAN AND DRAIN PLUG PLASTIC"

And now the shop I work at won't even touch ecoboosts with plastic drain plugs and pans. We send em straight to the stealership because we're not touching that shit. Unfortunately ford is probably getting what they want by having more people go to dealerhships.

Im surprised they would fuck up their bread and butter product

Is this the alphonse thread? Today I btfo'd those GMfangirls to either cause a double crash or get btfo.

With how normies treat their shitboxes, I wouldn't buy a used turbo car out of warranty at all unless it had a good service history.

which ecoboost? they've got a 2.7 and 3.5 now. dad just bought a 17 3.5 EB and it's fucking stupid fast for a truck or anything really.

I think youre a quack if you cant figure kt out. The only thing I would complain about is the oil filter o-ring. This plastic drain plug isnt a bad design.
We all obviously prefer metal though.

>tfw the alphonse threads are getting better but the bait takers are getting dumber
Kek

It's inherently a bad design because the oil pan is made out of fucking plastic.

>plastic oil pan

>polymer is bad because it's not metal
Go back and by GM fags. Ford is designing cars with modern technology. Polymer is far superior to steel not only to keep the weight down. I bet you think a block is shit if it's not iron.

Op here. What the fuck is alphonse

>plastic oil pan
Why?
It's just gonna warp and crack years down the line

>polymer
>superior to steel
>in high temperature variation applications
>for longevity
>for resistance to breaking

Let me know how your plastic holds up against the first ice block you drive over. Steel can take abuse, hard polymer cant

Intake manifolds have been polymer for years. I don't live in a shit climate and don't stance cars. Most guns also have polymer frames now.

The greatest shitposter on this on this site.

>Cvpi

In what world is your oil pan steel? They're all aluminum lmfao

In the world where you're retarded. Guess that's here.

Hell i would take the 3.7 over the 3.5 ecoboost. Those things are just riddled with issues. Ford has only fixed them by drilling holes in plumbing and zip tying plexiglass over the intercooler

I don't know many vehicles with a stock steel oil pan.

Almost every Nissan you see on the street has one, so there's a start for you.

>Nissan
I said vehicle not scrap metal.

My scoobydoo has one

It's Turbo and DI by Ford fuck that shit nigger blown up motors arent my thing

The 3.5 ecoboost has an iron block fuckface

>CGI

Intakes aren't subject to road debris

cast iron=/=CGI

>muh plastic drain plugs and pans
It is not exclusive to Ford. Toyota/Lexus, Honda, VW, and more have the plastic oil pans in their cars. Again, they are more durable and less likely to crack under impact...fact. It's not some cheapo plastic you see kids toys made out of, it's reinforced nylon afaik. Strong stuff.

Keep this with you.