When was the last time you remember that absolutely nothing was broken or worn on your car?

When was the last time you remember that absolutely nothing was broken or worn on your car?

plz no newcarfags posting their leased Kia Spectra or Ford Fiesta

never
though i am putting in new motor mounts soon which will probably help a ton

>nothing broken
often
>nothing worn
literally never

My miata has been broken or breaking since the day I got it. I thought Japanese cars were supposed to be reliable but this thing just hates being driven.

Before I had one

how new is new?

I dunno I guess 3 years

I had a civic like that. Fucking jap pieces of shit. The whole lot of em!

2 trucks ago i had that feel for a year. It was zen i had fixed everything wrong and gotten all preventive things done. 380-400k were perfect miles didnt even get a flat or dead battery just drove. Then i sold that truck and its never happened again in 5 years and 2 more trucks.

Brap braps aren't even designed to be reliable unfortunately

Technically right now
My 2001 mustang after changing the fuel filters misfiring issue went away and so far nothing else has been Fucking up
I put it away for storage so it should be safe for atleast 3 months if not longer

The week before I rolled it lol.
just finished installing the GReddy oilpan. Had no more leaks, all new suspension with a fresh bushings and alignment, SR was running strong, fresh fluids. Then I got deer'd 5 days before the last drift event of the season, lmao

Also my AE86 was 100% until like a week ago when the alternator went, but fixed that and I'm starting to hear a wheel bearing howl despite the front end still being tight.

>s-chassis
>ae86

How in the hell did you even FIND these nearly extinct cars? Did you dig them up from the ground? Did you invent a time machine to go back in time? I refuse to believe that these cars are still out there and haven't either rotten out or larped as an accordion when they meet a wall.

Bought my S13 when I was 17 as a pre-crashed shitshow of a car and fell in love so put way too much work into it.

AE86 I got lucky, local racecar driver was selling cheap-ish since it didn't have a title at the time and he was gonna use it as a ice racing chassis, but I scooped it, he got the title from the previous owner a couple months later, then it became my daily driver, so i've been upgrading as it breaks

Right now.

Car's 14 years old.

Tuesday, the top tank of the radiator split, thanks mazda.

Holiday shipping can suck a fuck, ordered an aluminum radiator to replace the crap oem plastic one, it won't be here until the 28th.

Never eve, I go from one shit box to another. I dint even know why I keep buying shit boxes, I make enough money to get something decent yet here I am driving a beat to shit grand prix with a billion miles on it.

Same, but I'm too lazy to do that too.

Well, the car itself (drive train, chassis, gauges, etc.) works.

But the interior is having some troubles.
I need to reupholster the front and rear seats, and the headliner is slightly torn om the back pillars.

Also, I haven’t hooked up the radio.
Oh, yeah, and the AC doesn’t work.
Then again, i’m Considering removing it to get a bit more performance.

Lucky user. Nice 86 and S13 looks real clean good job

>he doesn't maintain his car

When my mom brought it from the dealership new in 98, the interiors went to shit in months

It probably doesn't count but when I first learned how to drive so I was driving our families hand me down Altima, engine had just been rebuilt after my sister blew it up and it didn't have any issues for the 2 years I drove it

Move to Australia, both of those cars are everywhere.

Pretty much never, always something at least minor to do, just did the track rods on one car and doing the clutch on another in the next couple of weeks.

My car was immaculate for about 5months before I destroyed my rear quarter panel and now it just stares at me sad and hurt.

My poor car :(

Does it count if it's something I don't care about and never use? I think one of the fog lights and both headlight wipers have been broken since I bought the car ('00 Volvo) like 7 years ago.

probably like 4 years ago before i got the car from my dad and proceeded to beat the fuck out of it
if everything goes to plan by next summer everything but the left tie rod should be fine

if you have to spend more on running your car than you do on insuring it, then it is probably best to get another car

So you're just talking mechanically, yes? Not like small to medium cosmetic flaws? I don't know. I don't think I've ever been there. I've always bought 3/5 used cars and along with regular maintenance slowly restore them to 4-4.5/5 in my spare time. I don't think I'd know what to do with myself if I ever achieved a perfect factory new restored condition. After just sitting there and looking at a perfect car for an hour, I think I'd have an existential crisis or something and have to sell it or become one of those old guys at car shows. When you're sitting on the mountain's peak, there's only one direction left to go if you're not perfectly still. As I've gotten older I've started to understand my father's collection of unfinished classic cars.

>car is all good
>gets cold
>shit needs fixed

Have to replace front strut assemblies, sway bar links, sway bar bushings. Really awesome how it all went bad right as it got cold.

My 12 yo Citroen has been suspiciously reliable for the last 3 months.

Literally never.
And it keeps getting worse. I had the engine out recently and after that it started smoking and leaving oily residue on the exhaust manifold gasket. I'm afraid my head rebuild made weak rings give up the last life they had in them.

about a year now, up to last week I fixed my 94 Ranger, did all it needed and preventive work, then about 5 months ago made her my backup truck but still drive her with no problems till a rain storm came in and I walk out a week later and have mold.... Yay. Still starts on the first try and can drive anywhere. (Even the 2016 Dodge GC gets more work then the truck, but all improvements, as the truck has all I want on it)