The people's car of Veeky Forums - Hopefully the last one

This may be one of, if not, the last threads about this car, since most of the modelling is done and there are some people who can port it to vidja.

Current name:
>Kuroba Quattropace
Launch (estimated):
>1986
(likely refresh in 1989)

Trims:
>Poverty base (L) – RWD, 1.8L SOHC 4 Banger (borrowed from another manufacturer to reduce cost on cheapest model) developing 110 bhp

>ECO (FEX) – RWD, base 1.8l with a low pressure turbo developing around 130 bhp (this version may get dropped)

>Base 6 (GL, GLE) – RWD, featuring the Company's in-house 2.0l straight 6 with a rev limit of 8k, develops 180 bhp

>TURBO I – RWD, Turbo charged 2.0L I6 230bhp
>TURBO II – AWD, Twin Turbo 2.0L I6 270bhp

>WAT racing development M.E.M.E machine ( not eligible for participation in any official racing )

>A car designed by a bunch of autists, so what? What can I do with it?
It will be simplified and put into Assetto Corsa and Rfactor ( other games might be possible too, i.e. GTA 4 and BeamNG, but that's too much to promise atm).
ALSO, there will be some animations featuring the car, a commercial set in the period and something like Initial D.
>Have you seen another user working on the Touge racing game?
Yes, we have talked, this has a strong chance of making it in that game, if not guaranteed.

Thread theme(s):
youtube.com/watch?v=nlIZErrPAl8
youtube.com/watch?v=8cNeXWpTVlo
youtube.com/watch?v=CQ5_QxwFjNI
youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0
youtube.com/watch?v=SXWVpcypf0w

P.S. the program I am using to model this is Blender 2.79.
>don't ask me again REEEEEEEEE

on the topic of:
>when next car?????
As I did this time, I am going to make thread where the main focus is on getting together the drive type and body type of the next Veeky Forums's car of the decade (this name makes more sense desu) whenever I want to do this again.

Previous thread: Discord: discord.gg/cY3wJ46

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/s1icm
youtube.com/watch?v=xXGHsrZSHg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I would have been satisfied with this pic, I would have made this thread yesterday.

Coupe and 4 Door need more rake in the rear window, the proportion is a little weird, maybe even a 3 piece rear glass a la Nissan cedric/Toyota GX71

Checking in, yes it is guaranteed it will make it.

And maybe a shorter driver's door on the 4 door

are the front and door windows of the model rendered separately too?

I do have the body panels separated.

What'd you use to make this illustration, and what are you going to use for the animation? If those are both done in Blender, then my bad.

this thread is awful

That pic was edited in GIMP. Animation obv. in blender.

bleas put the apostrophe in, it hurts me

Bump

I spent most of the day trying to make a touge for an animation and got nowhere, here, have this streamable.com/s1icm

BUMP

that suspension is terrible

Next up should be a 90s shitbox once this is done.
These threads were comfy desu, and I'd hate to see them go

Why no V8 option? Could make a rad Caprice/Commodore/Falcon throw back.

It's a small car. But, there could be a ''track day bro'' version with an LS swap.

>nani?!
>kuaturo pote!?

Bump

pump and dump

Yea this. Shorter driver door would help the saloons proportions.

And angle out the rear window longer

Congrats on completing it. I'm so glad that of all the things mentioned and added, my R32 GTR spoiler recommendation made it to the end. Still think the coupe is my favourite of the bunch.

What's the next project now? I still want to see a good hatchback made.

90s 90s 90s 90s 90s
s

I was bored and drew a modern Quattropace

WEW

I think the new car will have to be something current rather than from the 90s....

Uh, why?

I would like to do something a lot different, but a 90s hatch is good too.

The new Quattropace, now with a fwd turbo 3 cylinder hybrid layout using a CVT.

We should probably move through the years, a Quattropace for each decade.
Ultimately, it's up to you

I'd rather do something else, heck, maybe even actual ''people's car'' like the before mentioned hatchback.
But it won't be up to me, I will make a strawpoll (including a few exceptions) which will end up deciding the next car.

youtube.com/watch?v=xXGHsrZSHg4
Slowly working on the animation.

Turn up your fucking samples, faggot, and light the scene better.

It was a quick render that took too long to render anyway Plus youtube compression doesn't help either.

sheeeit
it's 1998 again

Here is a pretty poopy Turbo 2 skin, do what you can with it.

If you ask Veeky Forums to design a hatch, it will just be an eg hatch with a few simple mods.
The only way it could be unique if it's 90s or later and a MR 2 seater with a long cargo space on top of the engine or an RR if you want space for a back seat. That or someone else needs to get an idea that'll set it apart from generic modern eco hatches and 70s/80s FR compacts

MR or RR only

bump

bump
lets start on the new car, what are we waiting around for?

Maybe I will create a strawpoll soon

Next time it will be the full scene.

NANI?!
4PSC!?

>4PSC would be what the vin number code would be, in my mind

sedan looks like doodoo make the back a little bit symmetrical with the front at least