Vids:
>Toyota Soarer
youtu.be/Ua-5ubp2yN4

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=fudsUhWAG_o

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/1986-toyota-mr/6433203519.html
rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/standards/vsi-06-light-vehicle-modifications.pdf
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sutherland/cars-vans-utes/toyota-ae86-levin-notchback-kouki-jdm-import-aka-sprinter-/1168778367
newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/d/2000-toyota-celica-gts-manual/6433773629.html
carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=4T1BF1FK2GU570652&csearch=0&partner=GAZ_0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related.

first for memes arent funny

toyotas are stupid stinky and smelly

I posted it in the wrong thread but any tips much appreciated.

Looks good

I'm gonna check out this Mr2 at this shady dealer tomorrow, anything in particular to look out for? is it ridiculous that most i care about is the clean interior hoping the dash isn't horribly faded or cracked
>sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/1986-toyota-mr/6433203519.html

Bought my first Toyota recently for the price of a good night out.
Interior is immaculate and so comfy
Auto 1.6 for wafting around London.
Literally everything works perfectly

New try for the montage

And the pic i would like to use

New pic for 91 Rolla

>>falling apart edition
>tfw few flattering angles
Rustbox life

No food, no montage

>anything in particular to look out for?

5th gear pop-out, frunk rust

What year is your Celica again?

Will update user

Got no food
Manufactured in 1989, first registeration in 1990

1990 it is. Thanks for contributing user.

Anything else required for new radio and speaker install TOYOTA 85 PICKUP.

how many cars are in the montage now?

Right now 103, yours will be 104. Some user might join as the tread goes but the new thread will probably be next year, meaning there will be cars taken off due to them expiring.

I'd rather buy good shit at crutchfield.

What plans do you have for it user

That's mint

just keep it alive

Its just a Hilux

Was trying to take it at 50mph but oh well

18 yo poorfag here.
I´m considering buying a 1990 Celica T180 for 1500€. The awesome thing about it is that it has only 15.000km because the owner was a collector. A must buy right?

I'd say so, even if it is just the 1.6

Because it's better than broke plastic and was free.

I want to buy a ke70 corolla and sawp it with a 4age. But after looking at the state laws I've found that I can swap any engine family of engine that the car comes with.
So should I get a ae71 and do the swap or can I do it with the ke70.
rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/standards/vsi-06-light-vehicle-modifications.pdf

Ke is cooler

You should restore it by sanding it and spray painting it black and call it day. That rope shit looks nasty

Fuck that. I like the rope. Was free and will come in handy for camping and offroading.
But i appreciate your opinion friend

>functioning
>rugged
>multiple uses
>Looks are subjective
You sound like and angsty teen
Why u hatin?

Because i used to drive this and the bumper was shit before i restored it.

So youre worried about "looks" and not use.
Roger that!

So friends. Can someone tell me why there was a POOL of oil in my spark plug wells? Engine runs ok I guess and isn't burning oil. valve cover gaskets? piston rings? It's so odd..

>pic related its dohc so the cam covers are above the spark plug wells

I'll be getting a new Corolla Altis next month, should I change any stock parts Anons?

Looks like a Honda Civic

Why not both, nitga?

Spark plug gaskets on the cam cover, bud. Lol...

Maybe a little

I need more tool storage but I just moved in so it's forgivable. Here's my '85, not going out and getting pictures right now it's ok if I'm not in the picture

My room mate also has an '88. I've got a silver '86 that needs a motor and a 2004 Matrix XRS.

The Matrix makes a really good companion car to an MR2, it's faster on the freeway and handles better than most people would expect. I got lucky and scored one with TRD seat bars and the intake/exhaust setup.

Oh dang. Now that I actually search for spark plug gaskets it looks like common issue on supras. Thanks, pal.

Your talking about the yellow circles right?

more of this glorious shitbox

I think it looks good

Good combo

Is your room mate an Veeky Forumstist too?

wat engine

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sutherland/cars-vans-utes/toyota-ae86-levin-notchback-kouki-jdm-import-aka-sprinter-/1168778367

W U T
U
T

>meaning there will be cars taken off due to them expiring.
is there are greatest hits edition with all the expired cars added in ?
or perhaps a grave yard / zombie edition

looks like but
>28 grand
fuck that

Nah that's too much work but I might make one if I'm bored enough one of these days. The RIP cars are permanent.

yeah, maybe if it had sub 20,000kms and was near mint condition, but he's fucking dreaming, also

>Price is $28000 quite firm
>quite firm

i don't think he wants to sell it, maybe his mrs made him put up an advert for it.

28k firm? pic fucking related.

I don't know the code. It's a UK 1.6

>28k for a riced out old corolla
Wtf

That's mint. Did he do any mods?

Hello Veeky Forums.
My '04 Neon died the death of transmission failure, $1500+ repair costs, minimum. Might be worth it to get a gently loved vehicle instead.
What are my options?

An SUV is an attractive thought. Toyota and Honda RAV4 and CR-V's are namedropped in the sticky. Are there any updates to that image?

I see a local 2002 CR-V for ~7k, a 2011 RAV4 for ~12k. ~100k miles for both.

yes

yes, what?

If you want auto, get a corolla, if you want a manual, get a civic.

I recommend a manual 1st or second gen CRV or an automatic 2005 and newer Rav4.

I don't recommend an automatic Honda. The Rav4 you mentioned is pretty high on mikes for the year.

Please help me, I just spent the past two days nigger rigging my dad's 2013 landcruiser and I'm fucking exhausted.

I have zero mechanical or electrical experience. Was replacing the passenger door lock actuator because his front door locks don't work, and while I got the panel off and replaced the actuator fairly easily I could not for the life of me get that thing on. Managed to just barely do it (broke half the little plastic snappy things that keep it in place so it's not fully seated) but now the manual door lock doesn't move fully and I can't open the door.

There are no guides for this on YouTube because nobody's stupid enough to buy an $80,000 fucking SUV. Please help

More like /bmg/ - /boringest manufacturer general/
>used to make lots of sports cars
>now only makes overpriced commuter cars sold on their supposed reliability
>their only current sports car, the Toyota 86, is an underpowered mostly Subaru design with a Toyota badge
>only internet rumors of the next Supra exist, with most of the rumors concerning Toyota's ties with BMW
I was told by a Toyota salesman when I was looking at their cars that the sporty car that I was looking for would be a fucking Camry Sport Edition. I laughed in his face.

ALLDATA should have a diagram. If I was at work I'd send it to you. Also, you fucked up breaking those plastic things, interior trim on a Toyota is expensive.

Anyone have tC's ? Never really see those get posted.

I was looking at Celicas on craigslist and I found a year 2000 Celica GTS manual
I just want to preface this by pointing out that the car has a disgustingly ricy bumper and side skirts
However it's only 2k dollars and it looks like it's in okay condition
Is this a bad deal? And how does one go about removing the retarded crap the owner put on it?

newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/d/2000-toyota-celica-gts-manual/6433773629.html

There are 5 known tC owners here but they seldom post. I doubt they lurk too.

8/10
It's easy just buy oem bumpers and replace the rice ones

What about the lexus rc and lc?

So, I see a used 2016 Camry with 50k miles, at a price of 12.5k, former rental car.
My needs are reliability, and low cost of ownership.
Should I jump on it?

Should have put:
carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=4T1BF1FK2GU570652&csearch=0&partner=GAZ_0

If that's what you want there's no reason not to. I personally would go for an older (2000-2006) Lexus ES but that's mostly because I'm poor and can't drop more than 4k on a car without committing financial suicide. Why are you going for such a new car if you're concerned about money?

Just seen the ad for this car. Sold in Buckinghamshire and the asking price was £700.

I don't know much about cars. I have a emergency stash of about 4k, and no car at present. I do only need one for local driving, groceries, church, 15 minute trip to and from work, that sort of thing. Spending my emergency money does not thrill me.
Am I making a mistake by looking at a Toyota?

I hadn't looked into Lexus. My cars to date have all been either Chrysler or Dodge. Is Lexus a reliable brand, what's the maintenance cost over time look like?

Thoughts?

lexus's are very reliable. they're just toyotas with better interiors.

Any 1st gen Tacoma bros got a spare combo switch they wanna mail me? Mine's a 95, 2.7l, need one to pass inspection but it's a 300 dollar thing from the dealership, like what

I doubt it.

is the landcruiser a meme? all the affordable used ones are 100k miles+, same with the lexus lx

It my opinion it doesn't feel like it's worth the money. I've driven and rode my friend's land cruiser and it felt like a frontier, nothing special.

>mfw looking at LSD prices for my shitbox GS300
should i just weld it

If it's your dd, no

Are there any Torsen units that are a direct swap? E.G. from another Toyota or Lexus?

Are you drifting or dragging it?

>former rental car
Dropped

>roommate is willing to sell his 2003? toyota corolla (1.8L)

Seems pretty solid, he is the only owner. He is willing to sell for 3500 to me, and he just did some maintenance on it afaik.

Great condition, I didn't see inside yet, but I noticed it makes a sqeal for a second when starting up, is that loose belt?

Could've just been wet for that one moment.

If it's consistent it could be due to an oil leak hitting a belt/pulley and making it slip and squeak

I will find out more before making my decision, I also came across a video for toota corollas making that sound when turning the key over too fast, and the guy the posted the video said it could be the computer not communicating with the alternator quick enough?

>the guy the posted the video said it could be the computer not communicating with the alternator quick enough?
sounds like the words of a genius

Got this one back in August at 70k. At 74k now and I wonder if the transmission fluid should be replaced yet.
tfw had to ruin the front by putting a plate there

*shrugs* could be a possibility

Check the owners manual and see how often it wants you to change it.

There was no stupid question thread so here goes:

IS300 sportscross with 160k miles, fixed up her exterior with stuff from an import gita. Need new lower control arms, and lower balljoints. Alignment seems fine but should I just replace the tie rods as well? also it seems like the Lexus tie rods comes in two parts, do i save money by replacing the upper one or just buy the whole thing?

If you have reservations about replacing parts, I would just bite the bullet and do the whole assembly my dude. Sure it'll cost more but now you have fresh parts all around, you dig?

16 VALVE

Replace the tie rods if you can and cover the threads/adjusters with grease, tectyl or similar to avoid salt getting to them. When you run these cars in the winter, they tend to rust stuck, making future alignment a PITA.

Got a 1988 Toyota soarer, here's the picture I'd like in the montage