Who was the target audience for these fucking things?

Who was the target audience for these fucking things?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jbFiQvaXi6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hickok45, and he knows what's good.

>fpsrussia
fuck that faggot

Younger people who like outdoor activities like surfing, rock climbing and mountain biking. And that's who it sold best to.

This and the ridgeline are some of the most based utility vehicles ever produced. all the utility 90% of people could ever need and absolutely nothing more.

Used to work with a guy who was a former Honda tech, he called them the gay man's Cherokee or Patriot

This. They probably would've done better had they made it less weird looking and marketed them to the PT Cruiser audience of reasonable seniors.

Roomier CRV

Had better suspension and steering than the CR-V, too. It was too heavy for the only engine they offered it with though, so it was both gutless and got shitty mpg. It was also more expensive than similar small SUVs so when the economy tanked in 08, sales took a nose dive in 09.
If you've got one, keep it in good condition because they'll be pretty sought after in the next 10 to 15 years.

It was supposed to appeal to people who liked beach wagons like these

It appealed to an outdoorsy Mexican research scientist I knew. He liked bright colors and thought it was a beautiful car with room for an expanding family.

Tell me about the Ridgeline, why is it so great? What can it do that a taco/f150/chebby can't?

Nah, they should have made a simplified commercial version. Behind surf bums, the Element was popular as a delivery vehicle because of its huge interior space but small wheel base.

>hold 4+people very comfortably
>better ride quality
>locking trunk and cubbies in the bed
>better interior than a truck
>Muh safety for the chilluns

>>hold 4+people very comfortably
So do full size trucks
>>better ride quality
Irrelevant in a work/off roading vehicle
>>locking trunk and cubbies in the bed
Toolbox
>>better interior than a truck
Depends on trim
>>Muh safety for the chilluns
What children?

I wish they would bring these back. Even if it had a CVT I would get one.

>Irrelevant in a work/off roading vehicle
90% of people don't use their trucks for that and if you firmly believe they do i'm not sure why you aren't contesting anything in>What children?
THe children from families most people in america have and/or are starting.

ridgeline is supposed to be everything you need and nothing you don't with hondu reliability and family-like SUV comfort.

Actually it sold best to senior citizens with its modest powerplant, easy step in/out height, decent handling, and practical size.

It was too expensive for most younger people, so they all bought Civics which were $5-7 grand less.

But I love Elements. I am still looking to buy one as a second vehicle, they get pretty decent empeegees, have AWD, and you can get them with a manual.

>Irrelevant in a work/off roading vehicle

What a little faggot you are. Most truck owners aren't using it as anything more than a commuter/people mover 90% of the time. I love you uneducated manbabies who think every truck is like something from a 90's Chevy commercial.

Fucking retard.

I wish more companies would engineer an SUV with fold-flat seats that you could bunk on. The original FJ Cruiser concept was going this route, but then the safety fags ruined it. I have slept in the BACK of my FJ a few times, but there's a ridge in the middle so it's kinda fucked.

>They probably would've done better
Done better? That thing was hugely successful
Look at the resale value for crying out loud.

leftists who wear sandals and khakis

They were an under-rated gem. People didn't want to spend the money for them new, but now that they're seeing what else is available on the market (generic Crossover cuckshit), they really lust for something more practical and unique. Their price is partly due to supply and demand, but I do think it warrants it. Was looking at these before I decided I wanted something more powerful, but they are still great little vehicles.

The only ones I can find for sale now have a ton of mileage on them, and they are still asking high prices.

>tfw you will never fuck a garbage-eating, rock-climbing hippie blonde who lives in her Honda Element

youtube.com/watch?v=jbFiQvaXi6Q

>Can't haul a four wheeler or a bike with the tailgate up
Automatically shit
Stay assblasted citycucks

The Ridgeline really isn't meant for roughnecks though. It's basically just meant to be a heavy duty urban SUV, which is something that it excels at.
What you're doing is effectively like calling a fork bad because you can't eat soup with it.

>decent empeegees
18mpg is pretty bad for a small SUV.

Dog walkers really like them, outdoors-ey people too because the back is easy to clean.

2bh he probably still eats his soup with a fork

domesticucks aren't that bright

>He eats soup with utensils

>he doesn't inject the soup directly into his asshole with an industrial grease gun to absorb the nutrients without wasting stomach acids

This makes me nostalgic
My dad had one of these he bought in 2004 as an SUV and he really used it. Dead deer in the back on the weekends, trout and redfish in the summer, us on the weekdays. Those seats were up more often than not. He was going to pass it down to me as my first car but I would up with a crv instead. We would always repair it together, and I used that knowledge in my crv too. Good I love this car.

Lol shut up Cleetus

>18 mpg
Sounds about right for renglers though

>met a gal like this in a bar at Glacier National Park
>nappy ass dreadlocks, basic bitch tier tattoos, the works, but totally ripped/fit
>through miraculous amounts of luck we end up dating in the following months
>only live 4 hours apart, a few months in she winds up moving to my city to live with me
>things go great for a year and a half and then she decides to go off on a 3 month hiking/climbing/camping adventure with some friends
>I stayed home working in the meantime
>things seem breddy normal, we call/text often and she seems to be having a good time
>eventually she comes back
>brings home her Toyota Sienna in terrible condition
>it reeks something vicious because she wasn't showering often
>spill stains from all sorts of shit
>interior is pretty much destroyed
>didn't change the oil at all during the "Adventure"
>exterior looks considerably worse than when she left
>little did I know she also brought home gonorrhea
>dumped her very quickly after that

A fucking shame, because otherwise she was a cool/smart gal, had a great job unlike most of these weird chicks (HVAC sales, pulled well into the $15k+/month range in commission during busy months, apparently dumb rich homeowners can't say no to QT gril saleswomen), and she seemed to have her shit together. Turns out if you're not always on the go and planning your next big "adventure" these bimbos get bored really fast. Fuck that shit, I just wanna fish and hike.

tl;dr don't date chicks like this

Americans

Can't argue with tripfag, i guess everyone who drives one in europe is either a huge nerd or a US soldier

Pretty much this exactly, except even Civics are too expensive for most younger people now, they just buy used. It's a big drag on the middle class fun car market, and why there are so few currently on sale in the US market.

She was very obviously a disgusting whore from the minute you met her. Any girl with dreadlocks is to be killed with fire.

That's why you're seeing the streets flooded with cheap little shitboxes like Elantras and Fortes - they offer the same space and function, but at 75% of the cost.

It's a shame because normally that class of car would be relegated to teenagers in 10-15 years. Instead of old Camrys and Corollas, kids will have to be driving fucking Elantras that are falling apart at the seams.

God damn it I hate Hyundai so much.

Yeah agreed. Think about what it takes to make dread locks. You literally cannot wash your hair. That is fucking disgusting.

re-release when

Never, it was too expensive to engineer and build for its price point. Aside from the hose down interior and flippy-foldy seats it had beefed up suspension and steering because of the weight (It was about one full Walmart shopper heavier than a CR-V).

I'm sitting at the er with my kid and that Walmart shopper shit made me laugh hard as fuck.

You're welcome. I hope everything is okay.

The Element always seemed like a good candidate for a torquey little diesel engine. I can't imagine a conversion would be anything short of a total nightmare, though.

ha, but in all seriousness the element is probably that kids.

I feel like Japanese manufacturers in general should really be sticking more diesel engines in their stuff apart from trucks. Like you said, a diesel Element would be GOAT.

I hated the doors in parking lots. Got a minivan w sliders will never go back.

> hose down rubber interior
It's for parents with messy kids.

I've been looking for these for some months now. To me it seems like a perfect candidate of vehicle that I can reasonably live out of for a few months. 1.) They're very practical and roomy, but not too large and cumbersome 2.) Get decent gas mileage 3.) It's a fucking Honda, so it's reliable and easy to work on.
It's basically between this or a full size conversion van or old full size wagon, neither of which would be a good DD after I'm done traveling in it. Biggest problem is finding one that doesn't have 250k or lots of rust for around 5k. Hipsters really seems to have clung onto these things and are charging a pretty big premium for them.

jelly fag detected