RETRO

I want something that stands out and has a sort of retro style to it, but is easy to find low mileage and has the cost (initial + maintenance) of early 2000s stuff. I'm thinking boxy shapes, pop up headlights, the whole shebang. Can't be a Miata. Preferably RWD. Throw me some curve balls.
>various examples: prelude, 90s mustang, cheaper e30/e36

Nissan EXA

too old

Come on man the Exa was pretty nasty even with the ET.
If you're going to go with a less common Nissan from the early 90's go with a Bluebird SSS

if I'm gonna go with a nissan it's gonna be a 300zx

How is that retro you faggot? Fuck why do I even bother in helping.

So you've laid out the example of a Prelude but a 300ZX would be your Nissan choice, dafuq? Do you know how much they have in common?

1st one
I'm talking purely aesthetics brotherman

Ahh so not the Prelude mechanically, fairymuff.

Volvo 700/800/900 series

Honda prelude, 90s Mustangs, e30/36

Why are you kids these days such fucking tools?

The prelude is and was like the most garbage car you could ever buy.

Fucking wack hipsters.

I own a prelude, user, and I think it's a fun car

Different strokes for different folks

Careful Not To Fall For It.

Prelude is to Honda what the 323 is to Mazda. Wack as fuck. Prelude never won anything, except maybe dicks in the mouth.

This is ... ?

FC, E30, E36

1st Gen ford probe.

>retro style
>can be found in low mileage
>cheap
>boxy
>pop up headlights
>the whole shebang
>not a miata
>RWD

I own a 240sx s13 and I like it quite a bit, its a '93 convertible converted to manual as they didn't sell the convertibles as manual originally. If you can find a cheap s13 or s14 that hasn't been drifted too heavy, they're incredibly fun cars. I would recommend not getting the Convertible as they're generally over priced due to scarcity and finding door parts specifically for them is a huge bitch, however the coups and the fastbacks generally go for pretty cheap here in Florida and are usually in pretty good condition, even a couple completely stock without all the after market parts you may or may not want. The only issue I have is that the KA24DE that came in the s13 is all lower end torque which is great for drifting, and has been super fun, but really holds nothing after that. Its essentially a small truck engine thrown in an incredibly light car. It'll trash your tires but you aren't winning any races, despite every person in a civic seeing your 240 at a stop light and thinking you must have imported an RB or something to put in it and looking to test you in a little straight away.
This really isnt an issue in the sr20s that the s14s have in them as they're quite a bit better in the higher end and set up really well to take on turbo kits (as they come with them from factory in japan) but I really prefer the s13s style. Flip up lights and hard angles in the trunk are really as retro as you can get, and an s13 has those in spades, as well as being RWD and incredibly easy to work on and find parts for, at least in my area.
(pic isnt mine but is the exact one I have without specialty wheels, track coils and damage to the top and paint lol)

GL finding those for cheap lately, they've really blown up. People are snatching up all the good condition ones and those who are selling them are taking notice of that and raising prices. Great car, but as of late a little over valued, still worth it if you have the $$ and don't want to wait a little or try to find a better deal in something similar

MITSUBISHI
STARION

So you want a 80s car for the price of a 2000s car thats as wasy to maintain as a new car? Why dont you go fuck youself OP?

an FC I think

Try a c4 corvette, can be found relatively cheap (under 10k) if you shop right. Mileage can be an issue though.

Unironically this or a v70

or en e30 320/325

>Prelude is to Honda what the 323 is to Mazda.
That'd be the MX-6, they even share similar origins (sporty coupes built on the midsize sedan platform).

My man

what about an mk2 golf or rabbit? better aftermarket support than with a 3rd gen lude. the old 300zx might be more fun though