Now that the dust has settled was losing the commodore really that big of a loss?

Now that the dust has settled was losing the commodore really that big of a loss?
40k was a bit steep for the amount of car you got.
the opels will probably be better anyway, it is the vl turbo all over again only this time it is 4wd.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=su0efwPxIvA
caradvice.com.au/444028/2016-holden-insignia-vxr-long-term-report-one/
au.indeed.com/salaries/Boilermaker-Salaries
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_income
abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/6302.0
heritage.org/index/ranking
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>v6 twin turbo
youtube.com/watch?v=su0efwPxIvA
no reason the skyline can't come and rape v8 supercars now.

>it is the vl turbo all over again only this time it is 4wd
What are you talking about?

they are making 4wd turbo versions of the new commodores

>no reason the skyline can't come and rape v8 supercars now.
Well given they're all a control platform/drivetrain with a bespoke engine, I can't really see how the R35's technical superiority is any more relevant

[citation needed]

The complete loss of australia's auto industry is the real loss. Now that car manufacturing is no longer here, the entire country's manufacturing industry suffers.

Blame the unions then they are the fuckheads that ruined it for everyone.
cunts were getting paid 80-100k a year to bolt a car together.
that is more than police officers and paramedics for christ sake.

Oh yes, give me more gook cars to meme.

Oh shut the fuck up. If they got paid any less you wouldn't buy the car because it would be shit.

Me Horlden.

you shut the fuck up, why did they deserve any more than 40-60k a year? that is plenty to live on.
cunts on centrelink manage to live on like 12k a year and they seem happy.

the Nissan v8 supercar is unironically faster than their skyline touring cars anyway.

I've dyno'd one user, made about 235kw. Was badged as an Opel Insignia but it's the same car.

That's about the same as Police officers and Nurses desu famalam. Got a mate who's a cop, been doing it 6 years and he gets about 90k plus bonuses.

Considering it doesn't exist on the new ZB platform, no you haven't.

so it makes about as much power as a vy commodore and weighs about the same?
did we go back in time 15 years or something?

>plenty to live on

Nice job you fucking communist.

>caradvice.com.au/444028/2016-holden-insignia-vxr-long-term-report-one/

>implying nut turners deserve more money than people with cert 4 in engineering
you know that is what you are doing right?
average boiler maker earns 54k a year and those cunts build and maintain powerstations.

Was weird too had a huge flatspot through the middle of the torque, not sure if they're trying to protect the drivetrain or what.

the opels look unbelievable bland, they should bring the impala instead and the old imported opels have an absolutely horrible reputation for being so unreliable

was it a fwd one or awd?

>Living in communist controlled Australia

Bullshit they do, that's hilarious user

AWD

GM fucked up
>killing rwd sedan
>keep making Malibus and Impalas that are just larger Malibus

They are bringing the camaro over as a HSV, have already seen a few of them getting around.
saw a yellow one a few weeks ago and a red one 2 or 3 days ago.

that would be good but its not on their website yet, hopefully its priced the same as the mustang, I've seen tones of mustangs

gm fucked up intentionally.
why do you think they never sold the commodore with all the variants in America?
they wanted it to fail.
there are cheap basic commodores with 185kw v6's to 210kw v6's to 450kw supercharged LSA versions, even luxury versions that used to compete with things like the m5

the chevy ss shut up moron

forgot to mention caprice

Fella, I'm a fitter and I know a few boilies, 54k a year would be, maybe, first year out of apprenticeship and you add OT to that, no boilie who's been working a couple of years earns less than 75k unless he's fucking useless and employed by the government.

Aye but you could buy the Commodore with over 700hp out of the showroom, the SS didn't really have any options.

true. Actually I completly misunderstood your comment. Our ss was pretty spec'd up. We did not get a base model

For the sake of interest
>au.indeed.com/salaries/Boilermaker-Salaries

completely

yes, a stock standard SS commodore, meanwhile in Australia there is the...
>Evoke sedan/wagon/ute
3l 6sp auto 185kw
>sv6 sedan/wagon/ute
3.6l 6sp auto 210kw
>sv6 black 20 pack sedan/wagon/ute
3.6l 6sp manual 210kw
>Calais
more comfort oriented 3.6l 6sp auto
>Calais V
has more features than the regular calais
>SS sedan/wagon/ute
basically a sv6 with better rims and a 309kw v8
>SS V redline
an SS with better interior and shit
and then there are all the HSV's on top of that.

>40 grand for a fucking rebadged Chevy Impala

What a joke.

Lucky our average wage is double the US hey

>kw

It's amazing that people unironically use this as a unit for measuring power.

A HSV is the biggest fucking ripoff, for the price difference between them and an SS commodore you could make an SS commodore make over 1000hp reliably.

Unfortunate that your currency is worth less. And that you're still willing to shell out 40 grand for a fucking rebadged Impala.

>hp
it's hilarious that people unironically use a unit of measurement for steam tractors on ICE engines

Australian car culture seems so tacky and disgusting. Is it truly as plebeian as American hick car culture? Is there any redeeming quality to it? Or are all Australian car enthusiasts just bogan faggots?

As opposed to the pulling power of beasts of burden

Your average wage is significantly lower than the US
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

The disconnect is understandable - Americans ride their horses, Australians fuck them.

No, only stupid people or people with a lot of money do that. Sensible people here wait a few years till the cars value has dropped under 10k.

only city people think bogans are a bad thing and city people suck muslim dick uleh

>Doesn't understand the difference between mean and median

Not really, it was only really fleets that were buying them.

why don't you measure your engines in Abbos then? 235Ab?

>all Australian car enthusiasts just bogan faggots?

Yes but that is dependent on the cars they're interested in.

Also American hick culture with pickup trucks seems to be coming here with the demise of the ute, I see a lot of pickups on the road now.

Fleets weren't buying them, FBT made that shit non tax effective. Fleets were buying commercial vehicles like VW caddies and 2wd Hiluxs. That's a major contributing factor to the Aus car industry going boom

Why can't you be civilized like your Canadian cousins?

Abbos aren't metric, they're imperial tailing which we forgot to remove when we ditched the imperial system.

Because canada is full of french people?
half their fucking country speaks french

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_income

You said something stupid (not surprising for an Australian). There isn't any possible measure that could suggest, and let me quote
>our average wage is double the US
Are you going to admit you are a moron, or keep desperately trying to save face?

but you would agree they are both beasts and a burden, no?

>half their fucking country speaks french

Do Ozzies actually believe this? Does their education system teach them literally nothing of the outside world?

Average Australian earns 80k, average american earns about 50k, 80k dollarydoos is about 61k burger bucks.
Australians earn more than Americans.

>sweltering hot
>sitting in the shade
>literally climbing into a trash can and filling it with water to cool down
>then you put a winter hat on your head

wat

Nope, it appears I'm btfo, legitimately thought the difference was larger.

>8

More to the point, how do they all fit in that bin, they aren't very big....

Why the fuck would they bother?
we live on a giant fucking island in the middle of the fucking ocean.

I haven't seen a cunt get rekt this hard since my mum's 40th birthday party.

You said double. Now your own post, uncited, with your own made up numbers, which disagrees with any actual measure (which I provided for you), still doesn't support your original statement. Do you think 50k x2 is 60k? No wonder your people are so poor.

they seem to maintain an Ethiopian physique until about the age of 12 when they start consuming liquor on a daily basis

that's when they experience metamorphosis into an Advanced Abbo

these are stronger and more violent, but require more gas fumes to sustain themselves

they are also prone to fits of narcolepsy, often sleeping in the middle of roadways

i said nothing mate, im not even the user you are arguing with

Aussie stats are stacked too. Consider that most Abbos don't work at all, so their "income" isn't factored into these measurements at all. Whereas in the US, welfare-grubbing negroids are actually counted as part of the income measurement - they just hit at the very bottom of it.

leave the abbos alone, all they want to do is huff some of the good sniff and get back to the dream time away from white fullas.
it's those fucking sudanese walking wetsuits you have to look out for, cunts will rob you and even take your keys because they are shiny.

there are 7 million people on centrelinks and they get added into the average aussie wage things.

Welfare is included in Aus stats

At the wheels? What sort of corrections were in place? Find it unlikely given that's near what the flywheel output is rated to.
>first generation Isignia
The ZB's a second generation, of which GM have absolutely no plans for a turbocahrged V6. In fact, Holden has previously said the shear space constraints of the newer model's engine bay make a force fed performance version unlikely.
Basically tuned with a peak in mind as most modern turbocharged petrol and diesel cars are. Most well matched factory turbochargers are able to hit the required peak exceptionally early and are programmed to hold that boost curve until the compressor efficiency drops off.
Peak power is only a very small part of the tale.

>yfw Abbo welfare is higher than American welfare, skewing stats

KEK

Engine output, it's a Bosch FLA 4wd dyno and it has loss calcs, seen countless different car models hit close to their rated engine output on the dyno, seen a few make more and seen some make scary amounts less.
>Basically tuned with a peak in mind as most modern turbocharged petrol and diesel cars are. Most well matched factory turbochargers are able to hit the required peak exceptionally early and are programmed to hold that boost curve until the compressor efficiency drops off.
I know what you're saying, thing is it made about 400nm from memory which is too low for a v6 turbo'd engine, the flatline hurt it rather than made it feel more linear, the owner had a laugh when he saw the curve and said yeah it feels like that too.

>The ZB's a second generation, of which GM have absolutely no plans for a turbocahrged V6. In fact, Holden has previously said the shear space constraints of the newer model's engine bay make a force fed performance version unlikely.
Ahh fair enough, I simply figured if they were already selling a V6 turbo they would continue.

>so their "income" isn't factored into these measurements at all.
Care to cite that, "mate"?

No, I'm Canadian.

I'm just here to stir the pot, hoser.

>abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/6302.0
This is the actual average wage not including welfare, earnings in this statistic are only paid wages/salaries.
So as other user said, 83k or 60something freedom bucks.

You do know people on centrelink are counted as employed right?
that is why the unemployment rate is 5.6% instead of 35% like it should be if you include all the people on centrelink.

>Australia has so many niggers on welfare it drops your national fucking income average by almost 30%

it is mainly students going to uni.

Amercians were the ones complaining about the pontiac gto because it didn't have more giant spoilers and fake air vents

Yeah and numales working 4 hours a week while they do their 16 years of uni to become teachers aids.

oh and old people.
you get a pension when you hit retirement age.

Yeah, I do. Hence why asking the poster claiming they aren't counted as employment to cite their claim.
>Bosch FLA 4wd dyno
Ah right. Sounds like it's programmed to predict flywheel output. Never seen that before.
I know what you mean with a flat curve. Basically makes it fell like a turbo diesel in a sense, albeit one with a little more urgency. Kind of feels uninspiring in a way. Easy enough to tune that boost "cap" out though, as clearly with that artificial plateau on a dyno graph the factory turbocharger is capable of flowing a lot more air.
>Ahh fair enough, I simply figured if they were already selling a V6 turbo they would continue.
Yup. It's a shame as it would've been a decent SS replacement IMO.

Ohh forgot to add, DIN, it's the standard correction the dyno runs with although I think you can change it to SAE in the settings, never tried it though.

that just shows how cucked your country is

Yeah, it's a bit different to most dyno's its an inertia dyno, there is no artificial load on the rollers in a power run. So it measures how long it takes the rollers to be accelerated on the run, rollers are a known weight, calcs KW from that, then measures how long it takes the cars drivetrain to decelerate the rollers and calcs KW loss from that. It has it's limitations, cars with monster horsepower and trucks just turn the rollers over too easily and don't get properly loaded for for 90% of whats on the road it's pretty accurate.

how so?

better than living in a country where you can't even help your own wounded war veterans.
pretty fucking pathetic really.

Instead of encouraging people to enter lucrative, in-demand fields you're content to subsidize their education and living costs for a decade while they earn a degree in Social Justice and Basket Weaving.

Not to mention you continue to support an aging population that is literally a net-taker.

Do what we do in Canada - put your seniors on an ice floe and wave goodbye.

Protip: you have to fight in a war to have war veterans

When you've actually contributed something to global security, let the other countries know.

>no one is buying this product, i know! if we spend even MORE money bringing its variants over they might change their mind!
>New Coke was a failure but only because Cocacola didn't sell it in more flavors!

Absolutely none of what you said makes sense, but I'm sure you're aware of that.
One of the overwhelming reasons USA is one of the lowest ranked western nations in terms of economic freedom.
heritage.org/index/ranking

>Absolutely none of what you said makes sense, but I'm sure you're aware of that.

Touched a nerve, I see.

>10% of the entire countries population helps save europes arse in ww1
didn't contribute
>a million men from a population of 7 million fought in ww2
didn't contribute
>Helped secure Japan and the Korean peninsula
didn't contribute
>Had to teach America how to fight nips in vietnam
didn't contribute
>fights from day dot in the first gulf war
didn't contribute
>been in afghanistan from day dot