/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Groose edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VlS_bYEZEUo
zeldadungeon.net/wiki/Zora_Stone_Monuments
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=63885383
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=117348
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Decided to try hyrule warriors legends. It doesn't seem like the worst time killer, but it's hard for me to get used to how attacks can queue up like five attacks in advance and pretty much requires you to for some of the characters or your combo just stops, makes it feel a lot less immersive for lack of a better word.

The trial of the sword/divine beast glitch is heaven sent
I've made over 300k so quickly, it's exceedingly quicker to use the infinite decayed guardians parts than to farm farosh horns
In addition, I've gotten all my inventory upgrades from Hestu in a little over an hour just jumping and pressing A, the little Korok kept reappearing and disappearing, and I repeat the process.
Bless! I hope there are no repercussions from this glitch.

>The trial of the sword/divine beast glitch is heaven sent
Please explain, I don't think I've ever seen this

There are certain requirements, you must have at least one incompleted divine beast
This video will show you what I did to earn the rupees
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VlS_bYEZEUo

Once the code is activated, it also makes getting koroks much easier. I was chilling and jumping at the Akala tech lab's roof where the korok is, just jump and he disappears and his glowing leaves appear automatically

How has this not been fixed yet?

I'm sure Nintendo is working on it, the glitch was found out only in the aftermath of the DLC

I want to accumulate as much rupees and necessary items as possible now that's still easy. Hell, with this glitch I could earn a star fragment much much quicker using a dog to lead me.

>Hell, with this glitch I could earn a star fragment much much quicker using a dog to lead me.
Why not just camp on dueling peaks and grab the star fragments that fall? It's already easy as fuck, of all the things to exploit glitch mode for you pick something that's already abundant.

I'm on my fourth playthrough, the glitch has provided something new and interesting that I can obsess over again now.

And I have used the dueling peaks to farm for star fragments in my previous three playthroughs, the glitch that I use now can get me a star fragment in record speed in comparison.

History of the Zora, Part One
The Eternal Zora's Domain
As told by King Dorephan

The rains have blessed Lanayru since ancient times with an abundance of pure, clean water. Seeking a bounty of such water, the Zora gathered there. Thus, as the legends go, the domain was born 10,000 years ago. The land was also rich in ore, and so a unique form of stone masonry was developed to create our new home. The domain is one giant sculpture, a feat of architecture that has drawn admirers from the world over. Our great domain will ever stand as a hallmark of the esteemed artists who made it, an eternal symbol of Zora pride.

History of the Zora, Part Two
A Reservoir of Hope
As told by King Dorephan

Once every 10 years, the Lanayru region experiences unusually heavy rainfall. The Zora River flooded every time. The tides damaged not only our domain but our people, washing away poor souls and causing great suffering and disarray. The Zora king of that time, after seeking aide from the king of Hyrule, rode out to see what could be done. By joining the architectural genius of the Zora and Hyrule's technological prowess, East Reservoir Lake was swiftly built. Thanks to this fruitful partnership, Hyrule was no longer plagued by these devastating floods. In gratitude, the Zora king promised the king of Hyrule to manage the reservoir level to protect all of Hyrule from floods. each Zora king since has kept that oat, spanning 10,000 years. That is why the reservoir signifies our bond with Hyrule.

What do the runes say?

History of the Zora, Part Three
Miracle of the White Scale
As told by King Dorephan

Our scholars say that in the distant past, Zora's Domain had a king with no special talent for the art of war. What he lacked in skill with a blade, he made up for in love for his people, and especially love for his queen. One day, news reached the king of a horde of monsters gathering in the Zodobon Highlands. The king steeled himself for war to protect his people, but the queen knew how ill suited for the task he was. Worried for his life, she wove one of her own scales into his armor, hoping that her love would protect him in battle. It seemed for a time that the tide of battle favored the Zora and that all would make it safely home. But the cunning Lizalfos general saw an opening and seized it, driving the king's forces into a corner. Just when the general's sword was ready to crash down upon the king, a miracle took place. An errant sunbeam reflected from the scale on his armor blinded the Lizalfos, stopping the deathblow from falling. This was the chance the king needed to rally his forces and turn the tide, taking down the general and securing victory. This came to be known as the Miracle of the White Scale, a scale that only female Zora possess. It was this miracle that began the tradition of Zora princesses crafting armor for their future husbands.

History of the Zora, Part Four
The Lightscale Trident
As told by King Dorephan

The queen and I were blessed with a daughter as lovely as a jewel. We named our princess...Mipha. To celebrate her birth, the smithy Dento presented Mipha with a gift: a might spear called the Lightscale Trident. Mipha grew into a bright girl and soon reached the age of receiving lessons from the royal family's order of knights. The whole of the royal guard adored her, especially Sergeant Seggin, who loved her as if she were his own kin. Under Seggin's instruction, Mipha honed her skill, and her radiance grew along with her skill with the Lightscale Trident. As a Champion, Mipha made her people proud. However, once the Great Calamity struck, she was never to return. All of Zora's Domain fell into misery. The merest thought of the princess was enough to overcome anyone with tears. As a way of offering her soul repose, they tried to send the Lightscale Trident drifting down the Zora River. But when they did, the trident began to glow, and Mipha's voice rang loud and clear for all Zora to hear:

"The Lightscale Trident and I are one... Abandon your grief and know joy once again. Do not cry...just remember."

And so, keeping to her request, on the day of the Great Calamity...the day that Mipha passed from this world...the Zora venerate the Lightscale Trident and remember their brave princess.

Such is the origin of the Champion Festival.

History of the Zora, Part Five
The Sage Princess Ruto
As told by King Dorephan

Long, long ago... In a past more distant that even the Great Calamity or the creation of the Divine Beast Vah Ruta... There was a Zora princess named Ruto. We know that she was an attendant to the Zora patron deity and that she was a fair and lively girl, beloved to all. Around that same time, an evil man with designs on ruling the world appeared, bringing disaster upon Zora's Domain. It is said that Ruto then awoke as a sage, facing this foe alongside the princess of Hyrule and the hero of legend. Her achievements are remembered not only by the Zora, they are also forever etched into the history of Hyrule. The Divine Beast Vah Ruta, built ages later to face off against Calamity Ganon, was named in honor of Ruto. That the Zora princess—my sweet daughter Mipha—was chosen to pilot Ruta is surely the work of fate.

History of the Zora, Part Six
Divine Beast Vah Ruta
As told by King Dorephan

When the Divine Beast Vah Ruta was first discovered at Zora's Domain, my daughter Mipha hurried to see it. Those present that day say they saw an unusual sparkle of excitement in Mipha's normally calm eyes as she beheld Ruta. The princess spoke of the Divine Best as she would a friend and was overjoyed when she was chosen to pilot Ruta. I thought nothing of it at the time, but given the events that followed, I now regret allowing this to happen. I have spent many long years consumed by guilt. My dearest wish is that her soul will know peace. I pray for it every day.

H---ory of the Zor-, Part S-ven
The H-ro Who D-feat-d the Ly--l
As T--d b- King Dorephan

T--re was a time when the p--ple of the land were thre--ened by the dr--- beast Ly-e- who lived on the Pl--mu- M--ntain. But one Hy---n drove th- beast back an- re--ored p--ce to the do--in. Th- Zora helm w-n in th-s fight i- no- north of --- in the r--ns near ---- L-ke. It re--s ther- to h--or the d--ds of the he-- L---.

History of the Zora, Part Seven
The Hero Who Defeated the Lynel
As Told by King Dorephan

There was a time when the people of the land were threatened by the dread beast Lynel who lived on the Ploymus Mountain. But one Hylean drove the beast back and restored peace to the domain. The Zora helm worn in this fight is now north of here in the ruins near Toto Lake. It rests there to honor the deeds of the hero Link.

History of the Zora, Addendum 1
King Dorephan Stands His Ground

Around 100 years after the King Dorephan ascended to the throne, a stray Guardian crossed Upland Zorana into our domain. The Guardian seemed unstoppable. Our best soldiers' spears barely left a scratch on its metal hull. It was then that our King Dorephan, without a thought for his own safety, came out to face the Guardian himself. With supernatural strength, he lifted the Guardian and hurled it into a ravine. The impact of the fall left the Guardian in pieces, and it was never to trouble another Zora ever again. The citizens celebrated the king's valor. From then on, their trust and respect for him grew beyond compare. You can still see the scar he eared that day on his forehead—a token of his triumph.

History of Zora, Addendum 2
Prince Sidon's Great Escape

There was once a giant Octorok in Hateno Bay, large as a mountain, which terrorized the village's fishers. Hearing of their distress, Prince Sidon went forth to personally eliminate the offending Octorok. But this Octorok was a tricky beast. After the prince dodged one of the stones it spat, it inhaled him whole. Such had been the fate of many strong warriors who went to slay the Octorok. Not one had come back alive. Just as it seemed Prince Sidon would be counted among them, the giant Octorok twisted in pain. The tip of a silverscale spear pierced the Octorok's stomach from within, revealing itself as the source of the beast's agony. Incredibly, Prince Sidon had fought his way out by stabbing his spear over and over into the monster's stomach. Unable to bear the pain, the Octorok coughed up the prince and scrambled to escape. Ever since, the fishers of Hateno Bay have passed down this heroic tale: The Prince Who Slew the Fell Octorok

Memoir of a Gifted Stonemason

What an honor it was to receive a personal request from King Dorephan to craft a historical stone monument! I did not realize how much content he'd given me, though... It certainly exceeded the line limits of a single monument. I suppose I could have just shortened the text, but it felt wrong to tamper with our great king's words. Thankfully, I was able to split it all between seven monuments to ensure that every word was preserved. I have always prided myself on my ability to think outside the box. I am so very adaptable! And humble as well. While I was at it, I thought...why not add two of my own? And so I created one for King Dorephan and one for Prince Sidon. True, this is outside the scope of my commission... But I believe their triumphs deserve as much! But why stop at that... Why indeed! My achievement surely deserves remembrance too. That is how a commission of one became 10. Of course, having increased the number of monuments, I had to find places for them all... That proved difficult. Still, it is worth it! So long as I remember to sign these monuments, my name will be remembered forever. As it should be.

zeldadungeon.net/wiki/Zora_Stone_Monuments

Does it seem odd to anyone else that one of the plaques out in the wild is a repeat of the plaque at the back of the Zora pools, and that it is the damaged plaque, and that both copies are damaged in the exact same way?

I guess Link should feel flattered that it is the plaque about him, but maybe not so flattered that they were both damaged in the same way, since that would seem to indicate intentional vandalism.

Daily reminder that Hylia is a false god.

Please do not fuck the ghost

WOO WOOOOOO

her descendant is superior anyway

In Gerudo desert, ghost fucks you.

are the ghosts poes

For the longest time I thought sending Link back in time wiped his memory so he got trapped him in a loop where he did the quest over and over again

try sticking Mipha in a bottle

Did anyone ever look for the shattered guardian?

and then drinking her

Well, she is a spirit.

>not filling the bottle with ejaculate

>First Nintendo made game where you're an actual knight
>Princess is stuck in the castle the entire time with Ganon
>Ganon looks like a freaky spider/millipede cyborg
>badass introduction which shows off his freakishness
>really the only thing the game requires of you is to defeat Ganon and save Zelda
>The entire game is about a knight saving a princess from a dragon in a castle
>basically the same thing for the four divine beasts
>and yet the actual dragons in the game aren't enemies and you don't fight them, and they help you out

/ss/

Last for best girl

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=63885383

Why is fish so best?

Ghosts are best girls

I went into that hoping for more Groose

was sorely let down. How tame.

>Does the prince want to hear what his sister and Link have been up too?
>you really don't

I WONDER WHAT GANON'S UP TO

108 shrines with 2 shrine quests yet to complete

Not a bad thing to quest for. Could probably look at the most likely locations on a map in advance.

does anything happen if you light all the torches at hateno town?

These guys are just adorable. Kicking their little legs and all.

you make it pretty

yeah, it's a pity they just selfdestruct if you hold them too long though

n-nice

tfw i do all the beasts except for ruta

mipha will NEVER EVER be free

>They don't all upgrade to full Tallus in Master Mode.
I guess we have to wait for DLC3 extreme mode.

also im low key annoyed that they didnt name her ruta instead of ruto since A in some romance languages is feminine whilst O is masculine

Your reaction when the next Zelda game is a prequel with real elephants in it?

I'd love a zelda game with much more fauna than what we have now

My queen

>Link has been sexually enslaved by a statue... again.

Is that what Ravioli is saying

Having to find fireproof lizards for the firebreaker set upgrades was really fun, could definitely see those black lizards sat on those black rocks

I appreciate the Urbosa dump

There's loads in the western mine

use the sheikah outfit at level 2 and just chug fireproofs you get from the lady at the stable. So much easier.

Incredibly neat artwork. I suppose there aren't versions for the other races?

Not that I can see, though the artist has done some really phenomenal looking stuff elsewhere in LoZ.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=117348

>Isle of rabac
>Isle of a crab
>shaped like a crab

cheeky banter

So if I buy a digital game on my account on my Switch.
If I log in on the same account on another Switch. Can I download said game or would I have to re-purchase it?

Sadly I'd assume the latter but I'd really hope for the former.

That's the way it was for my 3DS, not sure if they fixed that for the Switch.

HOOOOOOOOONK

I wish you could have flown with these for more than one sequence.

You can always call the bird again from the lake.

How do twili kargoroks even eat, do they just tickle their food with those weird things on its head

I meant the twili version.