/ovg/ - Multi-Class Racing Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce you are self!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing rFactor, GTA 4, Forza and AC on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

raceoptimal.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=RfOoRAE_vVk
youtube.com/watch?v=xd2mJBlhnqw
youtube.com/watch?v=npk0SHiv3SU
get-good.net/index.php?title=/ovg/_Szilveszter_Rally_2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>aberigan tries nurburgring for the first time

them duke boys are at it again

Name a better game

>Multi-class racing
Remember that?

Multi-class is a mess desu.

begone thot

You first

E.T. for the Atari 2600

i came here to post this

>the chad corner

Keyword: game

nuff said.

>fake leather on my G27 is starting to disintegrate

>He bought a G27

Buy a wheel condom and make a mental note to not trust Logitech's build quality

you know the old saying...
nothing a lot of ducktape can't fix

>ducktape

the last time i was on this board a few year ago ovg was all about iRacing.

>oh how the mighty have fallen.

>tfw just started playing iracing 2 months ago

What are some must have mods for beamng drive? Or some that are really good.

Reminder for the last round of OVGTCC today.
30 minutes of cascavel. Watch out for cheeky bumps on the track. Also definitely no skins were sent so there will be no pack.

hello how i go fast pls help

Learn how to overtake like Chad.

That is because all the good drivers have left.

>100 over crest, jump maybe

how tf did it get that much air

Unsure if this is the place to ask, but what should I play if I want to do some online races (PC)?

Something active, not an obscure dead game hosted on a private server. Can be arcade or sim, but should preferably include old Japanese cars so I can blast eurobeat and shout at myself mid race.

>WE HONGRY

you have two options, either get gt sport on ps4 or pay thousands of dollars for iracing

otherwise, get gran turismo 6 and find a community because neither gt sport nor iracing has any old jap cars

>castle corners at Baku
I didn't even watch this season and ill bet someone fucked it up an blocked the track

Still undecided if I should buy Assetto or pirate it instead. I'm quite sold by the game but I need to know if there are essential (by that I mean, the Initial D stuff) paid DLC content that I cannot rip off if I bought the game instead. I'm willing to shell out money for the base game but not the DLCs, as the same policy as Paradox Games.

In GP2, yes

pirating the game won't make you unable to buy it when you feel like it, user

Yo, do I have to buy the DLCs for AC in order to play online, or is there a way to pirate them and not get banned from steam?

pirate it, it isn't worth giving money to them

They really need to make a barrier that doesn't suck cars into it.

>getting banned from steam for anything ever
not going to happen, i'v pirated dlc for skyrim and fallout new vegas, nothing has ever happened. they have no way to check if you pirated it or not, they do not care.

>getting banned from steam for anything ever
You're dumb if you think you can't get banned from Steam. Go use a Russian VPN to buy games cheaper and see how quickly you get permanently locked out of your account.

cherrypicking

raceoptimal.com/

>Your purchase has been refunded by Steam.

>We’ve issued the refund to the payment provider. You should see a credit or see the original charge removed from your statement within 14 days.
>Assetto Corsa - Playtime: 98 minutes

post rally webms

Not cherry picking at all, you ought to read the Steam TOS, it's so nebulous you're guaranteed to be breaking it.

Probably the best part is where it says community moderators (i.e., the 15 year old virgins that moderate the community for free) can enforce the rules entirely at their discretion. So if a moderator doesn't like you, too bad, you can get a community ban, which means you lose the ability to add friends, use the market, trade etc.

How many (you)s will you pay me?

Assetto Corsa + Xbox 360 pad:

>Yes
>No

yes, make sure to ram faggots on public servers.

Only single player because I'm pretty sure I'd end up doing what you said if I start losing online

SOLD! To the lovely lad with the (you)

>shit rally
I wish you didn't post at all

thank you user
now post more

The difficulty of AC's challenge races is all over the place, I just got the gold medal time on "Mister Downforce" on my first lap in a car I've never tried before while in other challenges I can barely manage bronze.

>no street racing game with simulator physics, police, and a storyline starting you with shit cars
why continue to live

/ovg/ Szilveszter Rally 2017 Recce Videos:
SS1: youtube.com/watch?v=RfOoRAE_vVk
SS2: youtube.com/watch?v=xd2mJBlhnqw
How to get from SS1 end to SS2 start:
youtube.com/watch?v=npk0SHiv3SU

Map for anyone who wants to do pacenotes with a map is the image attached to this post.

Entries will close for seeding on Tuesday so if you don't want to get stuck behind a Trabant you should sign up before then, skin deadline is Thursday at 11PM GMT. The full schedule for the event can be found on the event's wiki page, which you must read if you want to take part.

get-good.net/index.php?title=/ovg/_Szilveszter_Rally_2017

I'd settle for simcade physics, every street racing/chase game uses drift to go faster TURBO BUTTON bullshit.

Simcade would be best so they could focus on
making everything else not shit. I don't know any games that do that aside from a few recent NFS ganes, though.

So now, is there any /ovg/ archive for that or anything?

Do the widebody kits in FM7 offer any advantages that normal upgrades wouldn't?

They'll let you fit wider tires, which is really helpful for some cars.

why nort just rally in gt sprot it has other cars too

why play one game over another?

because gt sport has more cars bu ASLO rally

Midnight Club: LA
Street Legale Racing: Redline

I know they are older, but still decent..
Also NFS Underground did not have police

somone pls use an n4 car for the rally we feel alone k thx

no

get

>midnight club: la
>simulator

you aren't getting a (you) out of me

fug

You can talk in code all you want, you are still cheating niggers.

almost quints...

First off it's playstation4.
Second, dirt rally is cheaper.
Third the same reason if you really want a good steak you go to a place that specializes in steaks rather than a all you can eat buffet that also happens to have some steaks.
Having 700 cars and being able to do lots of circuit tracks is kinda meh to me when I really want about 5 cars race them in rally conditions. But that's just me.

>heavy rain forecasted for same time as race today

Such is racing in real life. Also seriously hope somebody will be streaming it.

I heard GT Sport added a new update with singleplayer stuff. Is it worth it? I got a PS store coupon for 10% off in my email and GT sport is probably the only thing I'd buy off the PS store for now.

it's alright but the car list is still shit even though they just added some. the actual game itself is great, especially online, the car and track list is not so great

How to unlock new cars in TXRD2?
I beat a guy in a VW Golf but it's not in the dealership.

Super Taikyu style series when?

Rally 2000 series when?

>boohoo why tracks have to be difficult

Suck less.

And in Forza, generally wider tires are better than a stickier compound, but fat tires in the back with thinner ones up front make for a handling imbalance that results in horrible understeer. You can tune to take advantage of this by making a setup that rotates when you give it the beans and steer with the throttle.

I'm not the one complaining about the track.
Learn to fucking read

Revhead has 'Strayan outback street racing and an SLRR-style tuning and modification system but the driving physics are absolute garbage. Its made in Unity. Go figure.
BeamNG has the physics and police chases but no story and the AI is dumb as hell.
My Summer Car has pretty good physics, shitboxes, cops, in depth customization and engine tuning, but I don't think it has actual street races, just a timed rally.

Someone already mentioned Street Legal Racing: Redline which has been the premier tune-and-hoon game for many years. The physics aren't exactly realistic but they are definitely not arcade, the cops are very easy to lose, but it is entirely built around in-depth customization and tuning of shitboxes and competing in street races.

Can you have some sort of "gain function" for force feedback strength? Similar to what a lot of people have for pedals.

I want stronger force feedback when just doing normal turns without increasing the strongest forces.

lmao cry more shitter, lrn2drive

Why does the rFactor server browser still say "failed to connect to matchmaking service" three weeks later? Did they cut the master servers down for rFactor without even mentioning it? Is there an alternative master server list available?

Works for me

>only 6 people in btcc server
ded series

6 is excessively high for /ovg/, if it were a/c there would be 2 racers

So apparently all the special events in AC have been nerfed. Been racking up achievements so fast they don't feel like achievements any more.

more alive than whatever mumblr ran in the past months ;^)

Wait, can I get on the server to spectate?

if you really want yea, you'll still need everything downloaded

how do i fucking get forza on my pc REEEEEE
also horizon or motorsport?

How come no one told me how fun Hot Pursuit is?

underrated

shit series, glad it's over

FH3 I think.

SRS claims to have good physics.