totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

first for dawi

HORSE'D

WHERE IS KRELL POSTER?

Okay guys, we're two months away from release and they still haven't shown the Skaven.

When are we going to admit that they have been cut from the game and will be sold as DLC?

Norsca is coming, #PrayForPraag to get a cool and unique siege mission!

Daily reminder that Malekith is the rightful king of the elves.
Carry on, peasants.

Why didn't they give dorfs stakes and spear wall so they can defend themselves against cavalry?

What a shittily made logo

>More like 160 range, has the same unit count as Trollhammer Torpedoes, normal firing rate but fast
They'd be useless for 160 range and low unit count, any other ranged unit would shred it.

How long until someone mods bear cavalry hussars?

I love this because you just know he's going to make a video on that and be btfo again.

does kislev actually have that?

someone post it

>mod in
Wait for Kislev.

this is my chaos long campaign that has devolved into HORSING the entire mountains and badlands of dwarfs

Say no more

You take your melted abominations and you'll like it.
probably TWW3, since Kislev isn't on the TWW2 only map

>any other ranged unit would shred it

They have a huge ass shield, or at least should. They'd be well defended against ranged attacks. Still, yes, they should be the longest ranged non-artillery unit in the game.

JUST

Alf cavalry

>battle skirts and capes

Tasty elven booty.

Not really, they've got Bears as mounts for special characters/lords. Which has ended up with people thinking they have full on Bear cavalry. They do have hussars though and if they get made into a faction they'll probably end up getting Bear cav due to all the memeing/misinformation.

>yfw you nomnom a hot elven princess

Dark Elves are truly the best masters!
Malekith best king.

>SQUAA- I mean, ROAAAAR

Serious Skaven Roster Speculations

Probablys
Slave rats (spears or unarmed)
Clan rats (swords or spears)
Stormvermin (halberds or shields)
Giant rats (hounds, basically)
Rat ogres
Doombell
jezzails
poisonwind globadiers
warplightning cannon
Nightrunners/gutterrunners

Maybes
Rat swarm (meatshield)
doomwheel
ratlinggun
plague monks

Likely nots
hellpit abom
stormfiend

I'm guessing they'll be a infantry wall+ranged back up type of force. Low on cav, but good at throwing bodies into the mix and chewing things up with "elite" units/arty

I mean, would Bear Cavalry really be that bad?

Empire gets Demigrpyhs

I think a decent fire rate and the longest range would be good then about 40 units (20 firing 20 shield holders) would be fair.
Can't wait to mow down the skavens worst enemy:slave rats with them and other skaven weapons.

How slow would they be?

They'd need a high damage that should do well against single targets and cav

same for bretonnia, t bh
their knights and peasants look amazing

It's not in the lore.

No swarms, since they haven't shown up in other factions.
They'll probably save Clan Eshin for a DLC pack.

there is at least one cannon lore bit talking about Kislev fielding bear cav.

I actually hope that the Hellpit Abomination will be in since we got the Hydra too and it's probably too expensive to make for DLC I guess

>200*112

dude

The Lore aka The BORE is no fun. Bear cavalry is fun. Ergo, Bear cavalry should be a thing.

Volkmars rape wagon is fun as heck

What other factions use swarms, besides VC with bat swarms? It seems doable, but not "core needed" for Skaven.

Eshin farms out to other clans, and they're pretty iconic, so I'm guessing we'll see some.

Hellpit won't be because it doesn't fit the motif. It looks like a chaos spawn, not a rat. They'll just do rat ogres (and maybe as mounts) instead.

Speaking of, do Skaven have ANY air power?

Honestly it wouldn't be that bad, and frankly would give Kislev a nice monstrous cav unit without being lore breaking. They already use feral bears as a unit before (think like the doggos) and it's a easy enough gap to fill, kind of like how Bretiona got hypogrph knights. The only reason it would be 'bad' is because GW didn't think about ti first. Which apparently is enough for people to get their kickers in a twist.

Also I think that Medieval 2 Warhammer mod gives them Bear cav as well..

>there is at least one cannon lore
>cannon lore
Where can I read lore about cannons?

you're missing a few pixels there

fuck, why I can't delete this post?
same for bretonnia, t bh
their knights and peasants look amazing

>The Lore aka The BORE is no fun

>What other factions use swarms, besides VC with bat swarms? It seems doable, but not "core needed" for Skaven.
Orc snotling swarms
Lizardmen jungle swarms

TK with scorpions/scarabs

>Speaking of, do Skaven have ANY air power?

I think Thanquol stole a Dwarven airship one, but that's about it.

t.Radious

I should add warpfire throwers, since we know a "flamethrower" mechanic is already in game and works.

So seems like Skaven would be a good time to implement them? Prep for TK and small roster updates?

And then G+F made it crash, which was Thanquol's plan all along? :P

Vamps have ghost and bat swarms, Orcs have snotlings, Skaven have rats, Tomb Kings have scarab swarms, Lizardmen have reptile/snake swarms, Deamons of chaos have nurglings.

I think thats all of them?

Empire halfling swarms

WHAT THE FUCK?

>brought Warhammer during the 12 buckaroos humble bundle
>tfw it's already my second most played game on Steam

Y-Yeah, I guess your game is alright, CA.

I'd buy that DLC.

I can see snotlings never making it into the game--orcs already have gobbos for meatshields, but other swarms maybe

54th for Total War fetish fodder.

>Where can I read lore about cannons?
In Nuln.
Duh.

>So seems like Skaven would be a good time to implement them? Prep for TK and small roster updates?
I don't think they'd serve much of a role, outside of tarpits, which most armies can already do.
Besides, the way unit models work in Warscape, it would probably look pretty wonky.

Swarms are probably better included as AoE spells or army abilities.

Do NOT lewd pure Hydras!

>tfw we will actually see this in our lifetime

HOW THE FUCK IS NORSCA IT'S OWN FACTION

WHAT THE FUCK

How does the WH beast power ranking go? I mean animal-intelligence things like demigryphs, wyverns, manticores, not minotaurs.

I wish I could bring up the patience to get into CK.
It seems like itd really be for me.

I think it depends, Like with snot lings they do come with a precursor throwing weapon which is something gobbos don't have. I'd like to see them come up with a new role or mechanic for Swarms, at least to make them a viable.choice next to units with similar roles.

because why not you dumb n*gger

Because chaos was shit and warhammer sold a lot of copies

Why not?

Oh yeah, there's the spider swarm too from the spiderbitch.

Yeah, that's why they're on my maybe list. Slave rats will be your meatshields for skaven.

Since we've seen all new factions getting some battle mechanics, what do you think Skaven's will be?

Some sort of "friendly unit deaths don't matter as much" morale thing or something? Like your stormvermin don't lose morale when slave rats die?

I'm all for roster bloat, in general, but swarms go on my "maybe" list because it's not really required.

giant rats are too slow to be hounds. Not having a decent mobile option is core to the skaven character. They struggle against cavalry and particularly horde factions. It's why they built the Great Wall.

The never-ending salt of the three chorf fans could sustain me eternally.

same happened to me, just force yourself to play it for a few hours

Question time
Do the undead garrisons, when they reinforce an open field battle, crumble when the Lord of the army they are reinforcing dies?

Snots are the ultimate meatshield and should be regarded as moveable tarpits rather than an actual units, don't expect snots to do any damage what so ever. Snots only exist to keep other units from doing anything, pit them against a charging cavalry and you won't see that cavalry do anything for a while.

Mammoths>Everything else

Don't forget CA brought back the Fimir, literally who's in the lore just because they could.

Now if only they could fix sieges and magic and I'll be fully in love.

>tfw only like chorfs because they're OP in COW

>Mammoths beating Dragons

Cannons fuck them all though

Really? Huh. I always figured a giant rat could book it pretty well.

I don't disagree, I just don't see how CA would justify that particular roster increase.

Jedi knight mod for TW when?

Think Warhammer 3 will go all the way to Cathay? What will the map be?

no, and please don't start

Warhammer 3 will be the End Times and then they'll delete the game from steam and replcae with with Total War: Age of Sigmar

How ravaged would you be when we get Grand Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Kutesh and Araby?

>Mammoth: 13.5k hp and 525 AP damage
>Typical Dragon: 4.5k hp and 450 AP damage
The dragons in this game are really not that strong

No

I have fucking had it with the armenians

>join trapezos' war against me because their brutish minds can't handle a civilized faction in the caucuses
>get so assmad after getting btfo that they invite media atropatene into a war they brought upon themselves
>the cum-gargling persians accept this request with great gusto, and threaten my newly conquered lands
>have to try and take on 2 armenian armies with my starting faction leader or risk them marching up to phasis with a bunch of basket weaving spearmen
>lose because one (1) man has the capability to poison and kill almost a 3rd of my army
>meanwhile at the former Armenian "capital city" a slum forms the fucking instant I rip down the shrine to whatever local catamite they worship
>all the homeless armenians steal sheep from across my kingdom to comfort themselves at night
>plunges my empire into famine
>armenian armies capitalize on the sheep shortage and re-claim their lands

This was a while ago - I slowly have been making a comeback, but almost all of the neighboring factions have been at war w/ me throughout this entire fucking campaign, and I have had to fight off multiple invasions aimed at taking my capital

The map will have to include a part of the old world as dull as it sounds. Otherwise it won't work as a standalone game.

You're not wrong, I just think it would be a missed opportunity to add in something unique to only some armies.

Hell I'd be down if they where just in some kind of war beast pack ala Rome II. I just want to see as much put in as they can.

Depends what they do with Araby in the next game. They're large and have enough of a roster to make it work.

They can't really get away with making another TEB faction with Araby. Unless we really are going to see Araby faction greeting us on this fine Markhtagh, then we can expect them to do Cathay in game 3.

I really hope they do an April 1st announcement of that.

Lore-wise, though. In-game I can just compare unit stats. I could compare TT stats as well, but different editions make it hard for a noob like me.

How do we make warhammers swarm units viable in Total War?

It is much easier to reskin than to change a great new mechanic like one walled sieges!

Don't think papa GW is gonna allow that.

Replying to my own post with idea...

So Skaven have "musks" like the musk of battle/fear/etc.

So a battle mechanic where a wavering friendly unit spreads fear, and you either need to move/kill them or support with encouraging troops? Base game already works this way but I can see it being played up for skaven.

Word, I'm with ya, I just don't think it'll happen.

Chaos Dwarfs are coming though, they're just coming a year and a half from now

>will probably have forgotten about this game by the time chorfs come out

fug

Make em really big and squishy.

3 will be this map + some more chaos wastes from the north.

Kislev will be a pre-order faction for the third game I bet.

Skaven got to have RNG and critical failures just as much as Dawi need their grudges.