clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Cram in completely unbalanced civil era tech here:
mwomercs.com/civil-war

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

sarna.net/wiki/Autocannon
sarna.net/wiki/Rotary_Autocannon
kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=367&l=12969e328e0792c619f835f1f7b0a9eadbb50130
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=1&l=db8c4a4c957846e135cd3c125772dc45126c9db2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for next thread is definitely /btg/

"/gerg/" is a shit name for a Stompy robots thread anyway

>making the thread early to keep forcing the /gerg/ meme
no more

/btg/ is up

Implying gerg isn't here to stay

>He actually thinks people will post in this one salty autist's thread instead of ignoring it for the simple reason of making him mad

gerg is shit.

kong is shit.

almost every time i see you guys play you just die, like ass. i've seen exactly one of you not be a retard. and that was in a pug when the guy was solo.

your hivemind of shit is just that. shit.

>it's a that one autist wants to change the name of the thread episode

Go back to outreachHPG grandpa

>hurr durr running around like headless chickens shooting at all different mechs and never ever focusing is totally FUN LOL SO RANDUMB! WHEEEE!

No. fuck off. you want to be retards, fuck off and play some single player game.

playing with you guys is a fucking chore 80% of the time.

>its that newfag who doesn't know it was always /btg/ or /mwog/ until kong faggotry starting making gerg threads in praise of sucking greggles dick and ass and eating his shit.

>they still do it despite greg being known for being shit at literally everything

just stop posting on /gerg/, easiest way to make the move

>tfw according to the posters count in the autist's thread, he's having conversations with himself.

That's sad.

meanwhile this thread is full of 15000 unique posters and i already nearing post limit.

OH WAIT...

Why do PPCs have minimum range?

So you can shoot the armchair generals in the back of their assaults at below minimum range and hear them rage over comms

>3 unique IPs in /btg/
>7 in /gerg/

o im laffin

He's still going and he uses reddit spacing

WHEN?

in the lore wise, even though they're called 'lightning guns' it's not like it shoots an actual bolt of lightning.

PPC seem to work more like a CRT or cyclotron, except of course at MUCH MUCH higher exciter levels.

inside of minimum range there must be like, the particles aren't excited enough to do any dmg.

you know i didn't make the other thread, right?

also
>reddit spacing
just because you're 12 years old and don't understand common formatting that's been around since darpanet came BEFORE reddit the godawful site of shitness, doesn't make it any less the case.

5 people in /gerg/ are kakos posting from different IPs

They have a safety mechanism to prevent the particles from interfering with the electronics of the mech firing them. It can be disabled in lore.

but would you WANT to?

i mean, would not the net effect be basically helping the enemy shoot you.
it'd be like toggle masc on and leaving it on, except you'd cook and kill whatever component our ppc was in with internal dmg.

If you can shrug off the damage, it could mean securing a kill and saving a teammate.Why not?
>PGI
oh

It's a last ditch effort sort of thing. There aren't rules for it in TT as far as I know, but I doubt the intention is that it will physical damage the armour or structure of your mech very much. The big thing it does is short out sensors and targeting systems.

Really though there's not much reason, if something is inside minimum range you can probably get close enough and just punch it instead of trying to fire your PPCs at it.

Don't ask me why ERPPCs don't have minimum range, I've never seen it elaborated why they don't use the field inhibitor regular PPCs do despite ostensibly dumping even more power out to get the range increase.

Disregard that, there are advanced rules in Tabletop for it.

"The to hit rolls were resolved as normal, but the controlling player had to roll 2D6 to determine if the PPC exploded due to feedback. If the target was 1 hex away, the firing unit had to roll a 10 or more to avoid the explosion. A target at 2 hexes away required a roll of 6 or higher, and a target 3 hexes away needed a roll of 3 or more. A successful roll indicated no damage occurred to the unit firing the PPC.

If the firing player failed to get the roll needed, the PPC was immediately destroyed and critical slots for the PPC were crossed off the record sheet. The firing unit also took ten points of damage to the internal structure of the location housing the PPC."

Yeah you don't really want to do this unless you absolutely have to. Especially if they're 1 hex away you'd be completely retarded to, I can't imagine a situation that'd call for it unless I guess you're getting gangbanged by a group of mechs and want to try to take as many down as possible.

exactly. piggy can' even make autocannons,

ac are supposed to shoot in bursts. as it is, they're merely autoloading-cannon-so-you-don't-have-to-get-out-and-reload-your-antiquated-howitzer-by-hand-every-time.
ac's are ostensibly the 'best' most reliable all around goodness slugthrower of the BT universe, and yet they cannot even into bushmaster tier AC from our current tech base IRL.

>25 CW matches
>9929/12800 score
I don't know if I can do this. The patterns are looking less and less tempting after every game.

Autocannon is a very general term. Some autocannons fire pretty slowly, under 100 rpm, while others fire several times that.

The AC2 is a perfectly acceptable autocannon. The AC5 is lacking a little, and the AC10 and 20 don't really deserve the term at all.

my point is that you never use an autocannon to shoot once. otherwise you'd just use an artillery piece or a mortar. the entire point of having the AC is to have faster rpm than single shot weaponry. that's the only reason the tech even exists.

even a modern MBT today has a truly horrific rof from it's main gun from a basic crew, let alone anyone actually experienced in using that tank.

and the rof from an mbt puts the so-called 'ac' of mwo to shame.

>PGI can't even make autocannons

RACs are literally exactly autocannons though. How would you design an autocannon that is intended to do 20 damage to a single component (and always a single component) per shot or burst within 10 seconds?

ACs are flawed from the source material to begin with.

racs have 'spoolup' which ac don't, and have the option to fire much faster.

sarna.net/wiki/Autocannon

sarna.net/wiki/Rotary_Autocannon

"it is capable of firing up to six times as many rounds as its standard cousin, allowing it to deal three times the damage of even an Ultra Autocannon"

That's not entirely true though. The slower firing autocannons in existence are commonly fired at lower-than-maximum rpm, at least those mounted on IFVs. The point is they have the flexibility for supression as well as slower, more accurately placed shots.

NO mwo 'ac' is an ac though.

>because piggy are retards who think mechwarriors would willingly go into battle with an autocannon loaded only with HE.

>to fight other armoured battlemechs
" firing HEAP (High-Explosive Armor-Piercing) or kinetic rounds at targets in bursts. It is, basically, a giant "machine gun" that fires predominantly cased explosive shells though models firing saboted high velocity kinetic energy penetrators or caseless ordnance do exist."

because piggy are retarded there isn't a damage model and physics model in place in the game, despite being cryengine, to account for precise shot locations piercing that armour or even having a chance to pierce armour depending on calibre / velocity etc to do through armour crits.

What are you trying to say with this post exactly?

The point is the way RACs fire in MWO is exactly as an autocannon would, spoolup ignored since I'm focusing solely on the firing mechanisms. They don't fire as they do in TT, where they would effectively have 5 doubletaps after their original shot for a total of six 2 or 5 damage projectiles within the span of ten seconds, each capable of hitting or missing individual components.

All I'm saying is that autocannons in Battletech are flawed and PGI is working off of the TT stats. Whether they should have followed TT so closely is a whole other thing (they shouldn't have) but my point is solely that PGI could make autocannons just like real life ones and have in the way RACs operate. The problems would then be that half the playerbase would riot and figuring out what to do to make Ultras and Rotaries functionally different.

and the entire reason they fit AC's to afv's etc is for that very reason, a single shot weapon is obsolete nowadays, their only use remaining is in battery parks of arty and mortars, and man portable squad mortars (which are rare as f anyhoo because now they'll just radio that shit in instead or call in a drone. or use their manpats)

AC2s are 100% an autocannon. Their RoF is definitely fast enough (~70rpm) to rank among actual, real life autocannons. On the lowest end, sure, but not every autocannon made is 1000rpm.

Nigga please. Even the standard armor in BT can only be penetrated by extremely unlucky hits or super-advanced warheads specifically designed to do it, and even then it's only a maybe. That's why all the autocannons and missile launchers fire high-explosives, because the only really practical solution is bruteforcing the penetration-proof armor off the target.

>ignoring the point.

bt ac's are NOT single shot HE throwing howitzers. they a burst firing HEAP / HEAT / sabot / KP throwing cannon.

because piggy are too incompetent to give ac a proper dmg profile and model individual AP hits on components either visually OR mechanically, OR have mechanics for the interaction of shells with armour properly,

we're left with HE only for ever and ever instead.

There is certainly a physics model in place generally speaking, just not applied to armour or damage. The game models air resistance for absolutely no reason on all maps with air.

Modelling realistic damage models would make this game worse. Adding in through-armour-criticals would be such a retarded decision, but this is exactly what you want because... realism? You want an entirely different game altogether. I don't deny it would be interesting to see a Mech game played out this way, but it would be a drastic departure from all the established workings of Battletech and be a very, very divisive project.

Battlemechs (and everything in BT) use ablative armor and are highly resistant to common AP ammunition. The act of the armor shedding off when impacted drastically reduces the kinetic energy of the round hitting it, making it that much more resilient than armor we currently produce today, though it's obviously comparable to reactive armor.

for weaponry having a purpose.
as it is you need to mass laser fire to cause a component to glow cherry red, which is OT melting the armour off like in lore etc.

having a proper dmg model would allow the different weaponry to have it's place. as it is theire's usually no reason to take a fat heavy ac instead of the stale pepsi goose meta (other than the newly introduced ghost heat pepsioose nerf)

heck even missiles are kinda screwy as it is since they're sandblasters too.
projectile weapons have no kinetic impetus other than the lol screen shake' and 'lol screen of fire' bs to blind the enemy. there's no chance of concussive blasts even momentarily fucking with any of the delicate internals, or for the shitty he blasts to spread their explosion internally on components with dmg'd armour.

in mwo your components have 1000% protection, or 0%. and until every last point of 'armour' is stripped from a component, it is still functionally armoured exactly as if it was 100%

ACs in Battletech vary in RPM and shot count drastically, there is no one rule. The only rule is that however they deal their damage it is done to a single component within 10 seconds. It can be a massive 200mm cannon firing a single shot for an AC20, or 200 shots of plinky bullshit that somehow add up to the same damage.

You're right they are HEAP though, but overall armor is stronger than the rounds being fired at it and through armor criticals are a rarity, not common in any way.

I hate to tell you but most people don't want a game that advanced for their giant shooty robot games.

You also don't need a "proper" damage model to have all weapons have their place, not in the slightest. All that's required there is for someone with an eye for balancing and a readiness to give a middle finger to TT values.

Why would you want to take an AC20 over a Gauss? Well if the AC20 has a sizeable DPS advantage over it you've got yourself a pretty good start.

Like I said I agree I'd be interested in playing a BT game that did away with the videogamey, pure number crunching values for things, but you are overthinking the shit out of this if you think defined weapon roles can only be achieved by dialing the realism to 11.

What does /btg/ have against Hawken, HGA, MAV, etc.?

The world may never know.

Because the OP of /btg/ doesn't interact with people other than himself
But when he's talking to himself, he really talks up a storm

>It's a distract 3 of the enemy assaults so much they're turning their back to my team with my LPPC locust and my team still gets rolled as they frantically back up into each other at any sign of aggression episode

Is suicide frowned upon in battletech lore?

Not if you're an 80 year old Clanner with nothing left to live for on a backwater reserve planet who has been waiting for decades at another chance to relive the glory days and go down in a blaze of fire, thus bringing honor to the rest of your solahma.

Alternatively, if you're a Kuritan and don't want to shame your famiry. Which fits if you're using light PPCs.

Where are the cougars ingame?

Being outshined by purifiers

In the beds of young men.

So Kurita is the house that likes fun?

Like most pay-to-pilot mechs they'll become more widely seen and played once they're out for C-bills. Likewise I barely saw supernovas until they came out for c-bills, and now they're everywhere. I hope the same will be said of the roughneck. That mech doesn't deserve all the shit it gets.

Can we add this to the OP? It's the best skill tree sim out there and it's a pain to lose it now and then:

kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/

Put it below Smurfy

Is there any reason to take an AC20 on IS over an UAC20 apart from weight?

IS AC20 is pin-point 20 damage that doesn't jam and comes with extra quirks. what you should be asking is "when should I use UAC20?" and the answer is never

But the UAC20 is the same except you can fire it a few extra times to steal kills

>they don't understand

>tfw no ac20 capable zeus with masc

>the answer is never
>he hasn't played the UAC20 Hunchback yet
you are missing out

fixed ur build (:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=367&l=12969e328e0792c619f835f1f7b0a9eadbb50130

Haha, wow, spreading damage more than your mom's legs

>never used LB20s

They don't spread for shit when you're in facefuck range. Less than a UAC20.

>clams
lul
lemme fix that tech for you
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=1&l=db8c4a4c957846e135cd3c125772dc45126c9db2

Greg please calm down.

>In a hunch

Enjoy losing your sides more than me when your mom says she's calling a few friends.

>/btg/ died

B-BUT I THOUGHT EVERYONE HATED THIS GENERAL BEING CALLED /GERG/

I legit deal with kids/young adults with autism in my line of work and they are 1000000000 times less autistic than the autists who want to change /gerg/ to something stupider

then again we might all just be playing 4D chess with the funpost mastermind doodbooty

No

>dudebot never left
>he just retreated to the shadows

spookier than spooky ghost heat

this it could have been a fun mech like the wang

>15 unique posters
holy shit kongers you've scared away all the normies with your autic shitflinging

**** you, you pieces of ****. You are not a "Unit" you are a collection of "Top tier" meta ******* ******** players who congregate under one name you are dog **** to the rest of us, worthless on the attlefield. Majority of times you have your Viop disabled and **** you PGI for messing up your "Mach maker" all you do is give priority to the higher tier players half of witch have installed aim bots and bull **** hacks - those of you running in groups of 4-6 "**** you". PGI is constantly ******** on the little guy, the group that has the most variation between their ranks. Those of us who might run with large groups but have a mix between T5 and T1 are always paired against ******** T1 metta ******* with their inabbbility to ******* think outside of the box, they just google what the best fit for what ever mech they are running and point and click "**** you". I have spend a ridiculous amount of money on this game to be constantly pushed aside as a "Casualty" of capitalism. PGI, fix your ****. Your QD match maker is broken, your goal is always the bottom dollar and it has reached it's climax.

Next thread is /btg/ for sure.

No, next thread is /mwog/.

what

Next thread is /dash/.

Next thread is /plax/.

next thread is /quadmechswhen/

IT BEGINS

>units can guide the balance of the entire game
Ayy lmao

Do we have any hi res pics of good quads for the next thread?

Next thread is /Greg/

Is that the same as what Clans can take, or are clans still at an arbitrary tonnage disadvantage (particularly for scouting)?

Can we stop using Mumble and switch to Discord? I'm tired of using this outdated program.

this general is honestly really pathetic like no lie

t. konger

yet here you are. what does that make you?

>come back to game to shoot new weapons
>new skill trees
>okay, I guess
>after starting to set up for a tree on a mech I didn't have mastered before I notice it wants huge amounts of cbills
>they are actively fucking you out of buying new robits by pilfering a few million extra per mech

Cunts.

I just posted to make it known, now I will close the thread because it's not worth having open

>tfw have historic SP and experience out the ass and will never have to deal with this shit

You make more cbills than you spend when you're leveling a mech. A lot more.

The XP costs are actually worse than the cbill costs. I think it's something like 3 to 4 million cbills for 91 skill points, which isn't really very much.

3-4 million for the same thing I had before at 0 cost if I just elite'd the mech line

m e h b o y s

But bro you don't need to buy three mechs any more, surely that's worth it right?

>elited

Would have cost you more to buy two variants you maybe didn't want.

Besides, if you mastered your mechs you get 91 historic skill points to use on any of them that were mastered, or a fraction of that depending on how many of the skills you got.

>t. konger
If you were an actual member of kong you'd say konglet.

Whatever

t. real konger

Not now kakos.

Unless you're using exclusively IS lights, you'll spend less on skill points than you would on buying three of any given mech. You play only the variant you want, don't have to dedicate extra mech bays to garbage mechs, and don't have to spend even more C-bills outfitting bad variants to get them to perform decently. I only started about a month ago and I have four of my five mechs at 91 SP. And that's in addition to blowing money on mechs I didn't end up liking, or weapons I wouldn't end up keeping.