I want a 4 banger Diesel as a daily, because driving with my old 5 cylinder Audi turbo is to damn thirsty

I want a 4 banger Diesel as a daily, because driving with my old 5 cylinder Audi turbo is to damn thirsty.

So i thought i ask you busrides and faggots for some help ^^.

I thought about a BMW E46 320d coupe, because it looks good and i drove one and it was quick for a diesel and comfy as fuck.

Do you have some tips?

Make sure the window regulators work, other than that you’ll be fine

Thanks for the tip man!

I really like the look of them, also can you tune em, or will the engine not take it?

Lancia Delta with 1.9 twinturbo Multijet

Are they reliable?
The look a bit odd though.

didn't bmw have some problems with cracked engine blocks on their diesels in that era?

Yeah you can squeeze more power out of it, just like any bmw turbodiesel.

>I thought about a BMW E46 320d coupe, because it looks good and i drove one and it was quick for a diesel and comfy as fuck.
All the late model diesels are comparatively quick, the BMW isn't anymoreso than most of it's competitors.

What about a 530d

Those headlights are beautiful

I can’t find anything to verify this, seems like their engines were fine. Saw one post on a forum where some guy said to check the swirl flaps periodically.

That's pretty much commonplace with all common rail EGR'd engines, soot blocks the swirl flaps from opening/closing smoothly, causes flat spotting and such.
Best solution is to get the swirl flaps sorted then get an EGR blank and delete.

Buy my 330ci for sale instead. Get 42mpg @70mph

>The look a bit odd
TWIN TURBO
COMFY

>turbo 5 is thirsty
Kys. You're too poor to drive.

The inderaged Busrider has spoken

*Underaged

nah bro i have a V8.

and your mom rides my dick haha

>doesn't have money for fuel
>think he has money to maintain an old german premium
OH BOY

>maintain an old german premium
>3 series
>"premium"
hello turk
>maintaing a german car in europe
>expensive

Yeah the busrider is just sad, but don't be harsh to him he is prpbably only 12.

Yep 12l per 100km is cheap for a daily to work in the city, well the kiddos can't hide it.

They are very cheap to maintain here, as cheap as a Golf.

And they are only 3000€ with M Package, and in good shape.

Do you think the busrider is a Burger Turk, or just a Mutt?

VW Passat
Old Mercedes E Class
Ford Mondeo

I know that the MK3 mondeo Diesels are indestructible, but the Passats can't be that good.

The E class is pretty good especially with the OM606 Turbo.

I say he is a Mutt in a Hut.

Also funny that he thought you are me, fucking bus boy!

kys eurocucks and probably samefags.

>but the Passats can't be that good
I beg to differ, my dad's shitbox '96 Passat still runs flawlessly and has never given him any trouble besides regular wear items wearing out and one of two sensors fucking up.
He's got the 2.slow though, not the 1.9TDI, but that engine's also known for being simple and sturdy as fuck.

Good cars but i'd get a 330 diesel because 204 hp and the gas mileage is excellent too

Kek
Mad trailer park Mutt.

I love this site ^^!

Well the thing is that most 330's are in bad conditions.
Mostly owned by roaches.

But if i find one i buy it!

Interresting, does it have a timing chain or belt?
The Yugos like the 1.9tdi a lot, they are as far as i know not slow and tuneable.

Timing belt, like pretty much all VW engines from that era.

I ask because all the new VW's and Audis with belts have problems, but maybe it's just the new ones.

How is the rust?

I recently fixed a small patch near the rear wheel well, there's a lip of folded metal on the inside that traps grime, dirt, road salt and water so that's where they almost always start. Other than that the clearcoat is fucked (because that's what happens to red VWs in particular) and there was some underbody rust as well.
That's one big advantage Audis have over their VW cousins, they're made from galvanized steel so they won't rust unless something manages to pierce the zinc coating.

Thanks for the info, appreciated!

Also my family bought a red mk2 golf brand new, and the paint bleached out very early, but no rust and a indestructible 1.8 petrol.

also the control arm bushings are usually gone by now
just see if it knocks if you turn the wheel hard

Exactly what I have, 320cd m sport. same spec as op picture. Get one. Make sure cooling system is good, no rust on the arches. Thats about it on the diesel. Only thing to go wrong in 86k miles & 9 years of ownership was radiator went.

Looking for a 325ti m sport now, so impossibly hard to find one thats mint.

Colorado with the duramax

got a e91 touring 2010 its a straight six 3 liter diesel, best engine ever. power and torque is amazing

Why do you care about MPG?

I use to be a real stickler for mpg when I was younger, but now, i could really care less.

It makes sense to have a cheap/fuel efficient car when you're young and poor. However, so long as you have a good job, the difference between a 30mpg car, and a 25mpg really isn't that big of a deal.

So you pay an extra $20-40/month in gas costs. Are you enjoying the car? Then who cares?

My new car makes 24mpg hwy, whereas my last car made 30. Yeah, I have to make one extra trip to the gas station, but again, it's $40. Who cares?