Euros with BIG engines

Eurofags post your big engines and prove burgers that we don't all drive 1.0 liter diesels.
Pic related my 4.4 liter 290hp gas guzzler.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CGh_MwcWo48
youtube.com/watch?v=HLcB7SVy4Fg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>4.4
>big

ITT:

Brabus 7.3 l V12 Engine in a E500 / 500E

>4.4l
you Euros are cute

actually surprised the L47 Aurora makes more hp/l than that at 320hp 4.0 L

That literally made my dick twitch

But wasn't the 320hp version only used in pic related?

yea, it was the only RWD car it was used in. it was being bogged down by FWD transmissions so it could never make full power.

It's been 30 minutes and no euro has posted their BIG engine yet.
Guess I was wrong and the meme is 100% accurate

Are you the owner though? Downloaded internet pics dont count

You need to be rich in order to afford the running costs of a big engine in yurop, and Veeky Forums is full of poorfags.

I'm a poorfag student and i daily drive my 540i

Not that big, but I like it.

S54? Did you remove the head for timing adjustment?

>4.4 L
>big

what drives the exhaust cam, hopes and dreams?

Yeah. No, just removed the vanos-unit for service. Oil ring+teflon rings from beisan. Alse replaced the cam-bolts with uprated torxs and replaced a broken chain guilde.

was changing spark plugs recently

>tfw 2.4 instead of 4.2
Here pre 2004 cars get taxed based on weight and not bullshit emissions so 4.2 soon

Pic related, old chain guide, kinda worn.

Yeah, there's a piston with helical teeth connecting the timing-gear to the cam. Adjusts timing by moving back and fourth, it's controlled by oil pressure from the vanos-system.

>not upgrading to pic related

Here's how it travels when the bolts are loose. When they're fastened, the piston advance/retards the cam. Kinda lewd.

>not having the mighty 4.0L V8 RS6

ayy fellow latvian fag
manam 540i ceļa nodoklis ir tik pat liels cik 525d

>not the mighty 5.2l V10 RS6
700+hp with just a tune

i prefer this v10 because of that manic sound

4.4 kek

If your displacement isn't at least 5L, you do not have a big engine by modern standards. If it isn't 7L, it isn't America big.

>Makes less hp than engines with 4 less liters

572 isn't even big by today's standards.

>by modern standards
But modern standards means downsizing for muh emissions.
A 4.4 liter engine is pretty big for modern standards.

Yeah, the M5's V10 sounds nicer than the RS6's because the turbos kill a lot of the noise.
The naturally aspirated one in the S6 and S8 sounds way better than the RS6 for the same reason, especially with an X-pipe exhaust.

youtube.com/watch?v=CGh_MwcWo48

So much whine for a big engine. My 5.5L NA merc has way more sophisticated roar

>not powder coating those ugly ass m62 valve covers with a silver wrinkle finish
come on bro, it looks horrible stock
but find a good shop to do it, magnesium is very hard to blast correctly

if you look close you can see casting imperfections but they're hidden by the texture
don't even powder coat these things a flat color or gloss

Looks ugly

The higher-pitched sound is the best part of a V10 compared to a V8, imo. It just sounds so much more exotic.

I daily a 632 and still want more.

Boy do I know the car for you.
Built by the Krauts, incidentally.

Oh yes a face-lift D2 A8 is the among classiest cars ever made, it's on my bucket list.
BMW a shit, bet 4.4 ir bretty gud.
Man tas pats, S6 nodoklis vienāds ar mana A6 nodokli.

BTW, tavas domas par LPG? No nākamā gada benzīns dārgāks.

Merc made a 6.2 v8 which makes them still my favourite luxury brand

I have a 3L but I calculated that under full boost it’s just over 6L

Some 60% of Veeky Forums users, and probably a larger share on Veeky Forums, are Americans. Give it some time for God's sake.

>6.5L
>190HP

>no need for a daily driver starting a year from now
>can get a classic project car
>all classics carry a flat tax regardless of displacement or anything else
>already can't decide between a fun little roadster and an LPG converted cruiser landbarge

I have a 2.5, can I join or am I being too much of a stereotypical Yuropoor?

too smol

>I have a 3L but I calculated that under full boost it’s just over 6L
>under full boost it’s just over 6L

t boostlet

There is literally no replacement for displacement. Turbos just create effective displacement

Looks like shit, honestly.

So to sum up this thread there are 3 anons with engine sizes above 3 liters (plus there is 7 series user with the V12) so that makes 4 euro Veeky Forumstists with decently sized engines.
Disappointing

Because is right, there are barely euros on here, and the majority of them seem to be bongs. They are the most fucked by their gubberment and insurance apparently.
Apart from that we don't have an abundance of old shitty american landbarges or trucks with fuck huge noninterference engines here. Nor is regular gas sold here, so every shitbox can require premium here and do with a little less capacity.
Take in account we have less straight roads than the US making handling a bit more important and tax being based on weight (still the sole factor along fuel type for some countries) and everyone prefers a lighter car.
Pic related is a 2.375L noninterference originally making 135hp in a 1500kg car. My spare car has a 75hp 1.6L while weighting 900kg and used to be faster due to better gearing.
In the end euros just prefer agile compact sedans and hot hatches over lolcantturns with boat engines.

I have the same one OP

>msport

4.4 is not big.

t. fellow e39 540i owner

The Sprocket has been taken off and the timing chain laying on the intake cam. You can see the chain folded over on the right.

it is big for eurocuck standards

Honesty in Europe even 2.0 is quite big.

1.6 is considered "normal" sized engine.

>w-we like being slow!! stupid americans!!!

Good luck being "fast" in a massive overpowered landbarge when there's narrow roads and tight turns to deal with.

>what's power/weight ratio?
A 5L v8 still isn't fast if it produces 300hp in a 2 ton vehicle with a slushbox losing 30% of it's power. Plenty landbarges take 20 seconds to get to 100kmh / 62 mph, while my 75hp shitbox takes 11. The 1500kg car in the pic now has around 270hp and takes 7 seconds.
Also, I believe it's the German normies going 250km/h in their Audi's and 150km/h in their 1.0 cuckboxes on the highway, while you just crawl along never using the power your cars have.

>while my 75hp shitbox takes 11
>actually bragging about this

my 4.4L V8 produces 290hp in a 1.65 ton vehicle with a slushbox and it does roughly 5.9 seconds 0-60

It is a villain car.
Look at that plate. Checkmate atheists.
youtube.com/watch?v=HLcB7SVy4Fg

Do you think every American car with a big v8 is a 3 ton landbarge? Even my anemic 305 camaro gets to 60mph in 7 seconds

>spare car
>caring about how fast it is
It was to compare a slow euro car to slow landbarges that sell for similar prices
So? You need an engine twice as big to get to 60 1 second faster than a €1000 volvo with a €25 ebay wastegate bought by a student without income. Plus the point was about somehow coming to the conclusion that "just prefer agile compact sedans and hot hatches" means we like being slow.
No, but the ones that sell for 1000$ are.

Bong here, I can run a V8 just fine but insurance will fuck me because I'm male and under 25.

>4.4
Allcaps "big"
My 5.7 is small, Eurofag.

>being unironically poor

That's a fucking given in yurop

>still studying
>have no debt
>poor

>600 hp in a 2200 pound car
Nightmare fuel to be honest

That one's the 780ci limited edition, with 1200hp.

2spooky

i'll let you have the title of king of displacelets

a 1990's bmw 3 series does 7 seconds 0-100 with 193 hp
how is your 270hp volvo so slow?

I am not even American and I know that my 4.7l is a babby V8

I think the main point is that we're free to own and swap big engines into said small cars and hot hatches and still legally be allowed to drive them on state roads and not be taxed more for it.

Hell you can insure "Civic coupe" for $80 a month and not have them know that it's swapped and has 400+hp under the hood which would skyrocket my rates as a 22 year old male.

>A 5L v8 still isn't fast if it produces 300hp in a 2 ton vehicle with a slushbox losing 30% of it's power. Plenty landbarges take 20 seconds to get to 100kmh / 62 mph, while my 75hp shitbox takes 11

My 4.7l, 235hp, 5000 lbs pickup does it in 8.5 seconds. And that's the slow pickup. We got roads here steep enough to force most vehicles into 4x4 low range on concrete roads because they can't make it up in high range, even unloaded. I don't have to do that in my truck.

tfw britbong and im scared of buying a 2 litre

something feels wrong about a thing bigger than a 1.x

why do i feel this way?
am i cucked?

>Am I cucked?

Yes actually. Many britfags are stingy to a fault.

Penny wise pound foolish
Live a little

These are two terms britfags are inherently afraid of.

>am i cucked?
Yes
Once you have taste of power you won't want to let it go.
Find a sports model of something with at least 250 hp.

Getting a V8 is probably one of the best and worst things I have done.

its not power
its the lack of it
im looking at an na sw20
2.0 but it only makes like 160hp
buying a car with more displacement and less power makes me feel guilty for some reason

why and how do car manufacturers manage to get so little power out of such big engines?
i mean im scared of a 2.0 how do amercians not feel guilty driving 5 litres that only make like 200hp

>buying a car with more displacement and less power makes me feel guilty for some reason

Is the power sufficient? Is the car nice? Displacement is just a specification and not the end result.

>thinks 4.4 is big
There are literally 6 cylinder engines bigger than that in America

Never understood how VANOS worked until now. Thanks for posting user.

i know
i really want the mr2 and 160hp is enough for me its just the inneficiencey makes me feel guilty for some reason, im not even an envirofreak or anything, like ive seen cars get 400hp out of 2 litres and bikes that can get 300 out of 1.2 so why would they make a 2.0 that can only make 160hp, i feel like im being a brainlet

Because I didn't do a proper timing of it, just somewhere on shit quality back road on all seasons last fall. I don't remember exactly but it probably had rained just then. I live close to the German border and they require all seasons or winter tires half the year. And the weight balance of a 940 wagon is pretty shit, the back is just an empty shell, BMWs are often close to 50/50. And volvos have gearing for comfy driving, bmw threw more racing oriented gearboxes in their cars. The 940 is just wheel spin galore under those conditions with that power.
I still want to try to get a better timing this summer.

Those 400hp 2 liters are all turbocharged, 80hp/l for a normal NA production engine isn't bad at all.
Hell, VW's 2.slow literally gets 115hp out of 2 liters and is stupidly reliable just because it's hardly stressed at all.

>plenty landbarges take 20 seconds to get to 100kmh / 62 mph, while my 75hp shitbox takes 11.

This 1996 V8 Buick wagon is as American and land bargey as fucking possible and still gets to 60mph in just 6.6 seconds. But keep on thinking your 75hp Euroshitbox is superior. I also don't know of any land barge built in the last quarter century that is that slow.

Bong here
This my EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY cubic centimetre engine. Monstrous power of FORTY horses. Imagine that. 40 horses all in one place would look huge.

While getting 25l/100km. Rofl

>m-muh fuel economy!
Moving the goalposts, lad.

>itt people thinking that a bigger engine automatically makes your car "go faster"

cute, but we really need a verification tool that prevents low hp shitbox drivers from posting here.
me and the other 10 guys who actually drive cars instead of being insecure about the lack of said cars could actually enjoy this board while the rest of you could use your newfound free time to read up on cars :^)

>1996
It's newer than my 75hp shitbox, and costs probably 10 times as much. I referred to old 70s barges since my shitbox isn't from the last quarter century either.
And my point from still stands, you need a v8 to get your landbarge just as quick as my landbarge that has a i4 designed in 1974

Yeah this s54-fag here again, here's my old medium-sized engine. I like the looks of the e32 750, too bad it's an old fat unreliable landbarge.

They call it the "big six"