Anyone else tired of Veeky Forums's bullshit obsession with curb weight...

Anyone else tired of Veeky Forums's bullshit obsession with curb weight? It seems like the only things anyone cares about on here is anything that weighs less than 70 lbs and can fit in your pocket.

Pic related, Veeky Forums's real passion: carbon fiber go karts.

they care about curb weight because when they add their own 450lb asses to the mix it can drastically change the handling characteristics of a car

This
>implying Dagumi would be able to beat anything on the touge if he wasnt any heavier than an auschwitz patron

This, or in my case, 140lbs of pure autism.

Because Veeky Forums can't afford good cars with more hp than a Power Wheel so they have to pretend weight is the most important thing.

If those were street legal 4stroke with cats it would end the environmental crisis

Because Veeky Forums is an expert on every car they've never driven. Each and every one of them has zero clue on how a car works and focuses strictly on a few stats and numbers that mean nothing by themselves such as weight, power or how many fucking cylinders the engine has

>ad sticker
Too heavy

But seriously, I have a 1150kg shitbox with barely enough space in the back to fit a small asian grill and I'm happy with it.

There are so many instances where that fucking ae86 should have lost by leagues. No matter how good you are at racing there is no fucking way you're beating an r34

t.benchracer

He won because of retarded plot armor, Initial D sucks.

This, it would be different if that faggot Japanese racer drove a different car in his famous 90's drift video and that anime would have been done entirely different and Toyota (or whose ever car would be thrown into fame) would make the car instead

Curb weight is the hardest thing to drastically change. You can build an engine for power, tune suspension and fit sticky tires for handling, but weight is hard to alter.

Dunning Kruger effect in action

>drive 15k lb truck all day
>jump in 2500lb shitbox
>go kart mode achieved
>????

These are correct.

Not true.
You can strip a car down to the body and essential interior parts like the driver's seat and enough of the dash to have your instruments and lose a lot of weight.
The problem is that doing so makes the car undrivable on anything but a racetrack.

Grinding off shit isn't hard at all.

Anything over 3k pounds is heavy

i don't really know what are you talking about (i guess i don't attend shitposting threads much), but weight reduction makes all the difference. Even 50kg can change things significantly, try taking miata on the track with your friend in passenger's seat and without. You'll feel it, i guarantee it.

In shitboxes with little or no power weight makes a pretty big difference. I can definitely feel a full tank of gas or my bike and camping gear in bad way.

Stop being so defensive about your pigfat lump of american iron. You KNOW it can't corner. All it's good for is drag racing, and it gets smoked at THAT by bikes.

Never owned anything American, lad, try again.

Pigfat lump of german iron, then?

Either way, you evidently drive a car that's as fat as an american, and made this thread because you got smoked by a hot-hatch with less HP than you but a third of the weight.

its simple science
Brake later means you can go fast longer

Most of my cars have been between 2,000-2,800 lbs, try again. Weight isn't everything.

The problems, ladies and gentlemen.

I wonder if the carbon fibre is actually lighter than the thin plastic on a normal superkart

>Veeky Forums's bullshit obsession with curb weight
I thought Veeky Forums's bullshit obsession was with 911's?

Never noticed.

911s? :/ this is new.

You are under the false impression that I don't have dreams about high horsepower shifter karts. If that was street legal I would save up to buy it through hard labor and then daily drive it.

>I thought Veeky Forums's bullshit obsession was with 911's?

I thought we were still obsessing over 3k civics with a few simple mods.

i'm not sure I've ever heard 911's mentioned here

trying to fit in?

get ready for the wildlife

>Anyone else tired of Veeky Forums's bullshit obsession with curb weight
It's mostly just nu-males that think it's important. I care about lap times as you should.

Clearly, you havent been paying attention

>lap times
Oh god. I don't know what's worse.

> 2000-2800lb isn't pigfat and overweight

>140 lbs
How does it feel to be fat?
t. 124 lbs

>carbon fiber go kart
this could have been a go kart thread

why karts don't have suspensions??? real question that shit must demolish your spine

>why karts don't have suspensions?
Weight reduction

>real question that shit must demolish your spine
Just go faster so you don't feel the pain

just like remove the seats and all the electrics

>this kills the tesla

have you really never driven a fast kart before?
yo can even hire karts that do 120+km/h where i live.

Probably this. Americans know we can't turn. Germans get all high and mighty about "muh superior German muscle" and forget that the engines they mock for having "only" 380 HP are NATURALLY FUCKING ASPIRATED.

I've owned cars ranging from 2000lbs to 4000lbs.

The extra weight is nice for comfort. Less weight usually means more NVH.

If I were going to the track, and wasn't worried about confort, then yeah, I'd use a stripped miata.

But I'm not at the track, and comfort + stability matters to me. So I have my Audi S4 which weighs almost 2 tons. It has enough power to have fun, and the DSG works well in both traffic and back roads.

Weight is important for performance, but weight is also important for comfort.

>have you really never driven a fast kart before?
no, im poor

i wasnt asking about speed i was asking about suspensions anyway

I'm sure they're comparable in weight, but not strength, which is why carbon is used in areas that plastic isn't.

go kart tracks are as smooth as a babys arse is the answer then.

they're also 10l monstrosities as large as the DAs in a fucking cargo ship and still only produce 380 hp while much smaller and more efficient engines squeeze out the same amount at a tenth the weight

>why karts don't have suspensions??? real question that shit must demolish your spine
tyres absorb small bumps, bigger bumps are something to deal with. you need to learn how to sit inside the kart properly, otherwise you might hurt your sides.
>why no suspensions
karts are meant to be cheap. also, infinitely hard suspension has some advantages, for example kart with suspension would also need a diff because your inner wheel wouldn't be able to slip while cornering. kart stiffness makes differential unnecessary.
>why not kart with suspension and diff
why not junior formulas

Less weight is always good

>much smaller and more efficient engines
fuck you and your turbos, cuck

The problems.

This guy gets it.

Fat Acceptance? In my Veeky Forums?!
Fuck off pigfats, go and enjoy your buses and supertankers on /n/

Opel Speedster is one of my favorite cars and your post is obnoxious.

Karts are fun, more fun than cars as far as I'm concerned but a total bitch of a hobby.

thank mr skeltal

That's alright, I guess. I just personally have no interest in karts or motorcycles. Everyone's different.

>smol 2L with supercharger
>1300kg with gas and passenger
>going 240kmh on the autobahn requires all your concentration while in a pigfat s class benz 240kmh feels like slightly fast running
at least i am faster than anyone else in the city, which is where i spend 80% of the time driving

ha, you are like big baby. watch this
t. 115 llbs @ 5'10"

t. American
> WHY IS IT BAD FOR MY CAR TO WEIGHT TWO TONS
> WAAAAA WHY DID THISYUROSHIT WITH ONLY 100HP BEAT ME OFF THE LIGHTS
> WAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY IS IT CORNERING FASTER THAN ME
> WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I OEPENED UP A LEAD WITH POWERRRRRRRRR BUT IT CAUGHT UP WITH INITIAL ACCELERATION AND CORNERING SPEED
> WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I UNDERSTEERED INTO A WALL BECAUSE I CAN'T INTO INERTIA

You should probably see a doctor about that. My 5'1" ex was 115lbs.

Mr skeltal pls see doctor

>my ex was 5'1"

pfhahahahaha fucking womanlet, not even once

Takumi has never raced against an r34 though

>Veeky Forums's real passion: carbon fiber go karts.
I'm actually fapping to that pic OP, good shit.

no Veeky Forums is obsessed about hp.
Youäre just a retard who has 201 hp which is high number for Veeky Forums but your car weighs 5000lbs so you're salty.
Weight is more important than power since powe only lets you go fast in straight line weight lets you go fast around corners.

>obsessed about hp
Didn't need to read the rest, welcome to Veeky Forums. Try not to post too much your first week.