Why do pick ups and trucks use u beams on the chassis and not I beams ?

Why do pick ups and trucks use u beams on the chassis and not I beams ?
Any engineers ?

stamped parts

I'm not an engineer, but it looks like the outside of the beam having a flush surface makes it easier to bolt other parts to the frame. They're also probably easier to manufacture because you can bend a single sheet of steel into a U-shape, whereas I-beams have to be rolled out in that shape

>15k i know what i got!!

I-beams have to be cast or forged. U-section can be stamped out by the billion, and rots faster.

>will be worth three times that once restored
>must have cash in hand for test drive!

because boxed frames hold water and cause rust.

thanks mr expert lol

ask stupid questions get stupid answers

They don't. They're rectangular these days. You're probably looking at an old car or Toyota truck frame. Ford did I beams in the 60's but they were too stiff for ride comfort.

Boxed frames have been around for ages. Chevy ZR2 S10's/Blazers had fully boxed frames in the 90's.

its called c channel
>u frame

Because they dont want it to last forever.

If you were a little gook over there, you'd have a bright idea pop up in your little gook brain. Ohhh, how about we intentionally gimp our shit so we can flog our gook crap in the future and people won't buy one car that lasts them 50 years.

They made the same mistake with the very first lightbulbs, then they made the filaments thinner to the point where they were strong enough to alsot for 6 months, but weak enough they'll blow often that the company stays in business.

Capitalist cunts.

that looks dangerous.

Believe or not, but you do want some flex in the frame.

> U beam

Its called a c channel chassis, with certain sections fully boxed on trucks

With most of the force going straight down, they will have similar strength either way. The areas exposed to more lateral and twisting forces, like around the suspension, appear to be boxed and have extra braces.

Where it's not necessary, they can save a lot of production costs by going that way. Also it's hard to bolt things to I-beams.

crown vics have had 'em since the 80s, haven't they?

>make thick filament bulb so it lasts as long as possible
>bulb costs more to make but can't price too high or people will buy cheaper priced and made bulbs because the majority of consumers cannot into cost-benefit analysis
>sell bulbs at a damn near loss
>can't sell anymore bulbs due to market being filled with long lasting bulbs you made
>factory has to shut down, workers laid off
>littlesuzygetsnochristmaspresentanddaddystartsbeatingmommy.png
>go out of business, factory and tooling sold during liquidation
>bulbs start blowing
>space in the market
>startup buys your tooling and starts making thinner filament bulbs that blow at a cycle that keeps demand up and lowers manufacturing cost but is also not pant on head ridiculous
>average consumer does not care about the increased failure rate
>your company is just remember as a failure that also failed your workers

Homeboy it is BASIC economics. You are looking at it one dimensionally when it is a multidimensional cycle.

>serial number say it had super rare engine

lol