Is making $65,000/year enough to own a GT-R?

Is making $65,000/year enough to own a GT-R?

If not, what would be the recommended salary?

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/714046716/overview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what would be the recommended salary?

about tree fiddy

Oh fuck came here to post this

it was a random pic, please calm dowm

The recommended salary is buy a Corvette or a Supra.

If you live with your parents and live really cheap, Maybe. Enough to take it to a track, crash it and not give a fuck? Probably not. You'll be too afraid to ever take your "baby" to the limit.

Not even fucking close.

According to /ó/, ye shall not spend more thab 1/3 of your salary in a car. Thus you need at least $180,000/year or have $180,000 already saved up. It makes a lot of sense desu, especially the latter because you'll need a fair share of moolah to insurance it and mod/take it to a track if you wanna take it to the limit plus you'll have some money fall back on if something happens to it.

I thought it was no more than 20%.

1/3 if you REALLY like the car and youll keep it for awhile, use it for weekends

Yes. Here in Quebec we can get a GTR with 20k - 30k kilometers for $50k - $60k syrupbux. Put 10k down and finance the rest and you'll pay $1k a month for 5 years, then just pay off more of it when you have free cash (get an open ended loan) and you can easily afford even $2k a month if you're more focused on your car than your other shit.

Yeah until the transmission shits the bed and a new one costs you $13,000 for just the trans itself

Really depends on if you're also saving for a home at the same time. If not then you can probably afford it

No

200k+ because you should buy a house first you fucking retard.

To own a 100k car, you should be making 400k for it to fit your lifestyle.

If you really want to car, I'd say minimum is 100k

Not the pic you dunderhead, the tree fiddy

No, they cost over $150K.
Who wants to buy a decades old meme car?

Or you can avoid financial collapse completely and double that down payment to 20k on a 100k loan. Flip some houses and make 500k later.

>Is making $65,000/year enough to own a GT-R?
Isn't GTR expensive? How can you even save with such low salary? I make just a little under $100k and the most expensive cars I've bought were $16k bmw, and $15k MB a couple years later

100k/car

Hahaha fuck no, I make 65k and I bought a CPO Mazda

Just buy a R32 GTR you pigfat meme lover

If you want to own the car and absolutely nothing else? Sure.

Don’t listen to these poorfags. $65,000 a year for a $100,000 car is doable - only if you live with your parents or already own a house you like. Other than that, it would be a bad idea. Who wants to drive an expensive car but live in a shitty house? Also don’t ever lease/finance, if you ever have to resort to that, you simply can’t afford it. Remember, financing a car does not mean you own it, it just means the bank is cucking you

depends. do you invest it like a smartfag or spend it on dumb hipster numale shit?
>if answer is smartfag
>good to buy

just get a 2009/2010 model year and do it up make sure it has low k's tho

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/714046716/overview/
Something like this

Low'ish k's easy to mod, fuck buying a newest one

Buy a cheap car and take it to the track.

Making 65k a year just mining crypto, Im getting a fuckoff car soon, what do you recomend?

C5 corvette

Spend the rest on a trailer and tow it with your corvette.

lerl this

t. gm master race

Not in burgerland, so something more european, like a v8 luxury car, or a used ftype

people who want a car that is more reliable and faster than the corvette

>GM
>master race
how delusional

you make sixty grand a year, yes, you can afford a GTR. just save up like 30 grand first

65k a year is not enough to afford one, unless you put a big ol' down payment on it. Also depends on your living situation.

Don't forget to account for insurance also, plus tag and title.

>using 2 year old memes
piss off

sperg more

ive had a nissan and gm and gm is better

nice delusions

You are fucking retarded

THE CORVETTE IS SLOWER THAN THE GTR LOL

How?

the Skyline is a very good chassis but having no manual option in 2018 is just shit sorry mate

why do you keep posting this exact image?

stupid bluepilled normie

>argh! stop posting facts!
LOL

drumpfcuck detected

gb2

I am australia retarded seppo cuck
Nothing wrong with pointing out your quality of shitposts is falling below whats considered acceptable quality mate.

T. Sanga

>reality is bait
ARE YOU MAD?

Why do you post here busrider?

I ride motorcycle or a bicycle everywhere.

And there's nothing wrong with taking a bus. Far better than being cager scum.

No, pay cash, maintenance will eat you alive

Listen to this guy pretending to not be an idiot when he tells people to buy shit in fucking cash.

Look, "richfag", anyone with decent credit can get car notes at 2% or less. Average market return over the past 100 years has been something like 7-10%.

Let's make it a 60 month loan at 3% with for a 30k car with $5k down. You end up paying $1953 worth of interest. That is fucking PEANUTS over 5 years considering that the $25,000 could've been used as capital for something that actually GENERATES value instead of something that just DEPRECIATES.
Even if you had simply just thrown $25,000 into some kind of fund and it averages 5% over 5 years and you add NOTHING into it, you net $5783 after 5 years. Those are with conservative numbers.

Now suppose I got a Civic at 0.9% financing and the market averages 7%? Yeah.

shit tier bait

I'm not baiting. stay mad autist

excellent meme
simply
excellent

ask a guy who spent 5% of his yearly takehome salary on a shitbox anything

I make more than twice that and I would never consider something so fickle and impractical.

>facts
Nigger, can you even read in English?

gr3 racism is against the rules

I recently moved to Austin and a lot of moto cucks are actually raging liberals. Was very surprised as I never seen that before in moto community. Bailing out of this mexican shithole to Colorado

>muh liberal scapegoat

You look like a child running around the room with shit smeared all over him. Just fuck off already

>mad that trump is a pathetic excuse of a president
nice. stay mad.
>shit smeared all over him
Trump's entire presidency is shit.

Car should not cost more than 2% of your net worth, and then you drive it 10 years until it dies. Basically only allowed to buy a TOyota Camry.

If you get really really rich (10M+ net worth) then maybe an entry level Lexus.

/Asian values
/this is why western civilization is flushing themselves down the toilet
/China #1

I make a little over 350k and I still don't think I can afford one easily after retirement/college fund/mortgage expenditure.

xDDDD top kek my friend

Might aswell not live.

This - buy an appreciating asset before a depreciating one.
If you're spending money on rent, then by no means should you have any other debt.
If you're living with your folks, save for a deposit first.

Lastly, in general, super cars are bought cash by people who can afford to drop it on an asset that is no longer a neccesity, but rather a nice to have.

>Who wants to drive an expensive car but live in a shitty house?

About half of Southern California.

>65k
It depends on your credit and how much you are willing to sacrifice OP. I make about what you make (61k a year), my take home of that (after state/federal taxes, health insurance, retirement, etc) is about 3k a month. Taking off water, gas, utilities, food, phone bill, insurance, etc leaves me with ~2k per month to save or spend on other shit.

I would imagine you're in a similar position, given the similar overall salary. Maybe you're left with a little less monthly depending on how much you pay for rent, because I currently have a really good rent deal.

2k a month is more than enough to get a lightly used or even new GT-R, if you can put down 10-20k. You could afford monthly payments on a 5 year loan, insurance, and non-catastrophic maintenance. But you'd need a good credit score, and you'd have very very little money left over. You wouldn't be able to save much for a future house, you would constantly live in worry of something breaking down and you not having the money to pay for it. It would set your life back by 5-6 years as you pay it off. Hopefully your salary stays the same and you don't get laid off or fired.

But you would have a GT-R. It wouldn't throw off your retirement any (assuming you are contributing enough to it as I am). You would be much less comfortable throughout the rest of your life, but look at you. You own a GT-R.

How much do you really want it OP? If having such an expensive car is worth, to you, finances being tight for the next half-decade and more, then go for it. That's a decision you have to make. Just plan everything very carefully. Budget out all your expenses, and resign yourself to the fact that if you buy one, you won't be able to afford a house for at least 10 years.

Depends. My rule of thumb:
I should be able to save up the money to buy the car within 2 years else it's too expensive for me.
I should be able to divert up to half of my monthly "rest cash" to gas money and repair costs, insurance and taxes, else it's too expensive for me.

Nissan dealer worker here, at $65K/year you won't get financing for the car. You'll have to buy it cash.

Finally someone who understands how finances work.

is 65k a lot of money to some people? I was pulling that 2 years out of college at 25 and barely working 40 hours a week. I mean i guess if you graduated with a meme degree or don't have any skills its a lot but geeze, that's poor in my book.