Why don't you buy new cars?

>Complains about brands dying
>Has never bought a new car in their life
What did he mean by this?
The people who seem to complain about new cars and some brands going away or changing seem to be the same people who will never buy a new car even if they like it, what gives?

accept the cards you chose.

>he doesn't wait for the deprecation

80k new vs 15.8k used, wonder what's the more sensible option?
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

>buying cars you can't afford
General rule of thumb is if you can't afford to buy a car new you can't afford to maintain a 2nd hand one.

I bought a 2010 Accord coupe for $8000 USD with 50k miles. The newest model is nearly the same, and costs about $24000.

I'm not retarded enough to pay 3x the price for 50k miles. I've already put 50k miles on it, if I bought it new I would have effectively devalued the car $12000 in a single year, more than what I paid for the used one.

It's more sensible to make the money so you can afford a 80k new car.

>has a shit job
>has to leach off some business mans sloppy 2nds
kek

A smart and wealthy person would never buy a money pit like that. Car's don't loose 75% of their value because they're good.

If brands would cater to our demographic we would buy them.

>Buy new car
>Expensive as fuck, depreciates as you drive it off the lot
>Pathetic warranties
>Can't do any maintennance with voiding shitty warranty
>DIY maintennance is made prohibitively difficult through proprietary parts and excessively computerised controls
>Can't see shit thanks to pigfat pillars due to safety requirements

Someone should make a car that uses common parts, minimal electronic bullshit, nice big spaces for DIY maintennance and offer a decent warranty.

They look like shit?

perceived resale value also factors into a lot of people's new car purchases

>car payments
>break-in periods
>forced into boring mods by warranties
>depreciation
>recalls

I will take my $5k shitboxes tyvm

Not when your demographic has like $5,000 to spend on a car.

Is there a small hybrid 4cyl coupe with a targa top that makes 200hp with 40mpg on regular octane available from a reliable Japanese brand that isn't $30k?

No? Don't give a shit at all. I don't want a SUV, or a pigfat gutless shitbox, which is all that's available.

>Young people can barely afford to make ends meet, let alone save for a house they will never be able to afford
>Why won't you spend 50k dollars on a shiny car?!?!?!?!

Car manufacturers need to start producing cheaper cars or they are fucked when boomers start to die. Almost no one in my generation will ever buy a new car.

People buy new cars so they don't have to worry about or do any maintenance... Even a shitty manufacturer can make a reliable car for the first 2-4 years. You take it in every few months for an oil change and that's it.

$5k is a lease on a new shitbox. You probably spend more than a monthly lease payment on Taco Bell and video games.

>coupe
>tagra
>hybrid

Are you trying to be an attention whore or a jew? Pick one.

I could relatively easily spend $25,000 on a car.
That's not too hard of a price point to hit considering what we want out of a car.
Hell fucking over9k gaylude bought an $80,000 alfa 4c.
Which is a car I'd heavily consider if it fucking had a manual. My current cars value around $70,000 so I could sell a couple and buy a 4c if they were worth it, but they're not.

Manual is outdated garbage bruh

If I'm buying a $30k car it's going to be both a toy and a DD.

$30k is simply too much for something that's "just a tool" or "just a toy". It has to fit both roles if I'm going to buy it.

If you believe that then why are you complaining that my demographic won't buy new cars, when that's one of the main reasons we won't.

Your demographic doesn't deserve to have a new car when you're so backwards in your ways.

Prices have not really changed uleh.
if anything they have actually got better.
A base model VB commodore cost about $9,800 in 1980, that is about $40k in 2017, about what an SS commodore cost.

The only people that actually care about driving the latest shiny new shit are self absorbed boomers who reverse mortgage their childrens inheritance to afford that shit. No one else cares about whether the car is new or a few years old.

new cars look fucking ugly and complicated and kind of gay with the interior

Whole lotta poor people in this thread

No dude remember they all make six figures and save for a house like they claim in the other threads

Even if they don't make 6 figures, who would blow 20k+ on a fucking car when a house is way more important?

Whatever helps you deal with your existence.

for reference VB sle 5 litre v8 was about 15k or 65k in todays money

>VB
that's a vh

>if anything they have actually got better.

Depends bruh.

A 1987 Z28 was $15,208 which is $32,507.30 today. A new 1SS is $37,000.

Everyone who is sane. Wtf do you want to do with a house and half a million in debt in your 20s?

touche, point still stands though.
cars are cheaper than they were for baby boomers, in other words baby boomers actually made it so things are cheaper for us than they were for them and everyone still complains about it and now they blame baby boomers for it.
>tldnr baby boomers made the world better and cars cheaper

Not being vain enough to give a shit about whether or not I drive the latest shiny shit is actually great. Try it sometime.

lol I sold my car and don't give a shit about much of anything.

My point still stands, whatever helps you deal with your existence.

You get a hell of a lot more car for your money with the 1SS, should probably take that into consideration.

Subtle

Old cars are just better, mate

I could post pictures of new cars wrapped around shit too, what's your point?

Is that two cars or the ute split in half?

two cars
yes

biggest load of bollocks I have ever read

Thank you OP.

>everyone calls the people who buy new performance cars stupid because muh depreciation, muh get it used
>very few people buy new performance cars
>everyone then wonders why manufacturers are waiting longer and longer to refresh their performance models, and then killing off those models in favor of crossovers

It's almost as if attitudes like yours have made performance cars unprofitable. Money speaks the loudest, and you're pretty much screaming for the death of sport cars

May your future be riddled with CVTs, 0 visibility, 1.2 liter turbos, and 3 ton crossovers. You're getting exactly what you've asked for

Be that guy that buys a car for 5k then complains about having to spend 1k+ on it every few months then.

Because your typical car enthusiast is poor as shit and can barely afford a $3k Civic
Notice how everyone here frames buying a new car as a terrible thing?

>new accord is nearly the same
lol no it isn't

What sort of car are you talking about? Because I drive a cheap, used car and I barely spend a $1000 on maintenance a year.

How many car enthusiasts actually have the money to buy new cars? The only new car I could afford right now is a Dacia, and I'd have to finance even that.

>1k+ every few months

If you brought a total piece of shit and did zero due diligence then yeah sure. Otherwise it might be 1k over a year.

Most people finance new cars, it's pretty stupid to spend something like $20k on a Civic all at once, whether or not you have that $20k on you
If you have good credit it only costs a couple hundred dollars to finance the car which frees us that $20k for something else, emergency fund, down payment on a house, investment, etc.

Just because I could buy a BMW 7 series for as little as 7000€ it doesn't mean that the dealer will treat it as a 7k car,
au contraire it'll fuck me to death just to do regular maintenance and just fuck my corpse when something big has to be done.

Then you'll say "muh diy" but realize that for production shitboxes if you do things yourself the manufacturer doesn't care and they won't waste much time into making it
difficult to you while with high trims models they'll do whatever it's possible to spill money from you as "you had the money to buy it, you'll have the money to maintain it".
I also have a shitbox I bought for 2k€ and for me and I spend

I should have said drivetrain and size. New engines and transmissions are improved efficiency wise, but basically the power peak is the same but 500rpm earlier, autos are now gay CVT. Interior I could give less of a shit about as I've literally stuck a phablet on my dash and suddenly my 2010 has 2017 media functions.

Can literally buy a lightly used 8th accord and a lightly boomered c5 Corvette for the cost of a new accord.

sports cars are dying because roads are jammed up, young people aren't interested in cars and people simply don't have the money
it's not because 4chins autists buy used

>live in pizzaland
>gasoline costs 1.50€ per L I T E R
>"user why don't you buy a 400hp guzzler? you want sport cars to die?"
typical Veeky Forums mentality

This

And if you're in an area with less traffic and roads you can speed around on - the city is poor so roads have potholes and in general shitty bumpy patch jobs to fill holes and cracks.

I'm weary about buying a Corvette because it would easily be destroyed just driving it "funly" around town and having the suspension dip on a shit road and break the oil pan, then burst into flames and burn me alive

Well I don't really have the money to buy a new car. If I wanted to I would absolutely buy myself i nice rf nd miata or a 370z something fun, but shit man, its too much

Also its way cheaper to buy an na or nb miata for 1000-5000 dollars

That is my fetish.

Unless you're a BMW mechanic that can service that thing on your own or are buying it as a track/project car, you'd be an idiot to buy that.

I mean like I'm not saying that I dont want to, because I would gladly finance to own a nd miata or any fun car from 20,xxx-30,xxx, but I just dont have the time or a job to do so, being a full time 19 year old student.

if I worked at least an 8 dollar job for 24 I can make 960 a month which would get me enough for the nd miatas average monthly payment for around 400, leaving me with 560, (although my math could and probably is wrong)

but like I said, I'm a full time student with no job currently and it would be much more money saved if I got that same job or any other job that payed as high as 12 an hour for 24 hours ,getting 1440 a month and spending it on a cheap car like an na miata.

Baby Boomers were substantially richer than following generations are or will be though.

because
>australia in the shitter
>nobody can afford anything due to
>cost of living
>massive debt
>stupid taxes out the ass
>dumb import policies
>average wages stagnating

Why would i want to work a shit job for a shit 20-50k shitbox?

Holdens before the VF2 HSV's dropped like a rock

>live in oregon
>lots of nice backcountry roads that are in reasonably good shape
>a dirt road is fine too
>buy new miat
>many funs are had

If I don't like something I'll complain about it regardless of my ability to fix said situation.

Because they're all plastic fuckin electronic chink trash dumbass

That and I dont even have a license.

>posting old poor people cars
Yeah, sure.

Becuase I'd rather have 3 older cars that cost the same as one new one, and are easier to work on.

>poor people cars
I didnt post that to solidfy my point but I dont think you know what that even is do you?

You're looking at about a million bucks + for one of those exact models there m8

You are so good at humor.

Okay, so this is bait.

But just incase some dumbass reading this thinks you are right, there is a big difference between shitty 80s accordion bumpers and 70s classics.

I'd rather one of these to be honest, because those cars aren't worth that to me.

Look at OP's picture. This whole thread is a bait.

Not him but i am OP, how is it b8?
it is a car everyone bitches about being gone now but no one actually bought.

Sorry, didn't meant to troll. I'm european and to me that looks like a hotroded Opel. Also you should specify that what you wrote is about the specific car. It shouldn't be surprising that there are people that will always prefer older cars. Or simply anything different that you aren't into.

>104,000 miles
>$16,000

Because I can't afford one being an Eastern Europoor making 500-600 euros a month

I bought a 2005 lesabre for less than 5k. It only had 45000 miles. It has every option but a sunroof, and the way I maintain cars it will run until the sun swells up to engulf the earth.

How the fuck can you even live without a job while being a student?

the vf commodore?
the last one rolled off the production line like a few months ago and people have been bitching about it on Veeky Forums ever since.

But I did buy a new car, and even exactly the one you posted, with a 6 speed manual.

Would you have paid extra for a hsv if they were available?

It all depends on the type of car you’re buying. Some cars hold their value very well. Interest rates are very low on new cars, especially is you have 0% for so long and 0.9% after that. So if you are financing for say 3-5 years and have good credit, you will end up paying the same for new as you would have paying a 3 year old car. And it will still have value when you trade it in. So the cost of new vs used is basically the same on a lot of cars.

I go to a community college, relatively doable

Probably not, seeing as the SS already has the HSV magneride that an AUDM Commodore SS-V Redline doesn't. I could probably throw a Whipple supercharger kit on it for less than the extra cost to get into the GTS anyway.

Looks decent. It looks like that those side intakes on the bumper are actually going somewhere.

The entire used car market would disagree with you there, slick.

>Chevy badge

My dad makes over 450,000 a year and he drives a 2005 Toyota Tundra. He bought it in 2006 when it was used 18,000 miles for 14k less than when it was new. The truck recently just hit 100k miles and it still drives absolutely perfectly so he has no reason to trade up.

Smart people don't buy brand new cars. They wait a year or two for the biggest depreciation to pass and then pick it up for significantly less. Depreciation in dollar amounts generally follows an inverse exponential curve. First couple years it takes the biggest hit. Buying a new car and then selling it a couple years later just so you can get the newest model is one of the dumbest things you can do.

Someone's gotta be dumb so that "smart" people can buy used cars. This is trickle-down economics at work.

I literally just bought the Holden grille kit. Gonna put it on soon.

Cat for scale.

But at what point does it become worth it? Some cars don't depreciate that much after 2-3 years and you pay more maintenance on them. Am I supposed to just buy up to 4 20 year old shitboxes and hope they all work just fine?

>hasn't actually driven the cars
I forgot those old 8th gens had radar guided cruise control

I live in poortugal, a country that encorages the use of old cars

The vents on the bonnet are functional too. Well, half of them are. They're a little longer for looks.

Because I hate drive by wire, fuck the onboard computers policing my driving.

Drive by cable>wire

I really wish I could have bought one of these new, but I'm 22 and just finished uni. It's going to be at least 2 years before I can afford a brand new car.