>he doesn't left foot brake
explain yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PdnL0X7_WcM
youtube.com/watch?v=bgg5WWfMWzM
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because my left foot is for the clutch

How the fuck are you supposed to brake and push in the clutch at the same time when stopping?
If you do it by turning your foot sideways then you're gonna grab too much brake.

Can driving a manual give you arthritis?

this

I do it to trim my line in long corners which tighten, there's pretty much no reason to do it elsewhere

It stabalizes the car some through turns and it also keeps the RPMs up. You can also use it to get the front tires loaded up to induce oversteer.
There almost no point talking about it here where everyone drives autotragics in forza.

I don’t have cerebral palsy

I do but not in rear wheel drive cars unless I am trying to drift. It's great for managing understeer in ff and 4wd though.

Cable clutch will give you muscle definition in one leg

Never understood this. Doesn't the fagget who jumps over edges in initial d do this?
Besides we were taught never use both feet because in extended driving you need at least one foot rested. And that you will also apply the brakes too much.

Heel toe? Anyone? Gas and brake that is.

Because my car's engine goes to idle if gas and brake are pressed at the same time

Because my left foot is for changing gears.

Came here to say

I was taught not to, and driving manual would make using left foot for braking needlessly complicated.

Underrated comment

this

I got the joke but it wasn't funny.

Only a retard would be unable to left foot brake properly. Brake + gas = stability in ff/4wd and drifting with more consistent and wide angle in rwd.

Fucking stupid to do this in a turn. Do you even know what left foot braking is? It has nothing to do with shifting.

>You can also use it to get the front tires loaded up to induce oversteer.
wouldnt that induce understeer

>left foot needs to rest
>you might brake too often
Literally wat. You are using it for the clutch anyways so it shouldn't be resting in the first place. You still use your right foot to brake normally when you intend to left foot brake because you are downshifting with your left foot at that point anyways.

The point of left foot braking is to brake and gas at the same time while going through a turn for more control. Try doing this with one foot and you will spin out like a tard.

Only if you lock brakes like an idiot. Otherwise you are shifting weight to the front wheels making it easier to spin the rears.

If you're in a turn and you unload your rear wheels to the point where they start to slip, you're oversteering. That's why drifters have hydro E brakes. A clutch kick under power does the same thing in a different way.

Left foot braking is a technique widely used in competitions such as rally especially when driving FWD cars to neutralize the understeer when the car is accelerating during a corner.

By left foot braking you can transfer more weight to the rear of the car and depending on the force on the brake pedals and bias you'll end up with neutralizing the understeer or provoking oversteer.

You'd have understeer if you brake and steer simultaneously when entering a corner.

>How the fuck are you supposed to brake and push in the clutch at the same time when stopping?

You don't left foot brake to slow down idiot. You do it through a turn after you brake normally.

>If you do it by turning your foot sideways then you're gonna grab too much brake.

This is facile. You never ever EVER do this while left foot braking. You downshift while right foot braking without gas then when your right foot goes to gas you feather the brakes with your left for stability/oversteer depending on the drivetrain and situation.

My car has a synchro box, why would I want to chew synchros left foot braking? I can sorta understand it with a dog box, still feels weird to me.

Idiot. You can use it for both. You have a right foot which can brake while downshifting and a left foot which can brake while gassing.

Aaarg why do people think you left foot brake while shifting? You fucking don't unless you like spinning out like a tard because you heel toe the clutch and accidentally lock brakes.

The first time I collected my company car, which was/is automatic, for the first 100 meters I was confused as fuck because I had a hard time braking, it was so violent.

Then I realized I was an idiot because I was braking with my left foot, since I was used to drive only manual cars I was looking for the clutch.

>t. European problems

Good explanation, but with left foot braking you transfer more weight FROM the rear TO the front. That's why it's used in fwd cars to gain traction while accelerating in corners.

>t. Bad driver problems

Fixed it for you.

a. You shouldn't have made that mistake in the first place because a brake is not a clutch.
b. Even if you did, there is no excuse for bad pedal control whether it is with your left or right foot. If you never left foot braked in a manual then you are no good at driving.

>If you never left foot braked in a manual then you are no good at driving.

Imagine being this much of a benchracer, kek.

Never did it because I usually drive like a sane person and don't use public roads to race, so braking one before a corner is all I need.

Also, if you drove manuals only for 10 years you're used to press the cluch with your left foot and it's an automatic movement...after the first time I realized and never made that mistake again.

The first time you drive an automatic, since we in Europe have the opposite "problem" of yours in Usa and for the biggest part drive manual cars, the instructor/salesman will tell you to stick your left leg and foot on the footrest and always keep it there, only use the right foot for everything.

But I do left foot brake.

>If you never left foot braked in a manual then you are no good at driving.
Why the FUCK should you left foot brake?

This video explains it pretty well

youtube.com/watch?v=PdnL0X7_WcM

I'm a size 13. I can't do it.

Because that scenario is really accurate to normal driving.

Nobody said anything about "normal" driving, get back in your Prius mom

I'm a size 13 and it makes it easier to reach the pedals. Stop whining and start practicing.

Well, I did. All the time.
Because most driving on the planet happens to get to point A to point B, not in a competitive manner.

This.

>wanting to get from A to B like a slow pussy beta male
>not driving on the limit every time you enter your car

It's like you are a woman or something.

Its called heel toeing dumbass, unless you have feet the size of a child.

I was talking about left foot braking which has nothing to do with heel toe. And you have the audacity to call me retarded? Lol.

Heel toe is when you need to use all 3 pedals at once for rev matching on the downshift. Left foot braking is steadying the car and requires no clutch so heel toeing just makes you less in control of your car for no reason. Try mashing the brake and gas with one foot while cornering and I guarantee you will spin out.

If I want to go fast I use a vehicle that's actually made for it, not some 4 wheeled pigfat cage.

Have fun dying/losing all your skin because of someone else's poor driving while I sit cozily in my climate controlled, safe, and far more fun to drive vehicle.

>Try mashing the brake and gas with one foot while cornering and I guarantee you will spin out.

What? Why would even?

Jesus Engine braking + normal braking with your right foot more than sufficient in most braking conditions.

Right foot, left foot. Switching back and forth looks like a retarded dance step.

>not swapping feet every day to balance it out

>implying I care what my feet look like while driving fast

Do you even know what trail braking is or are you just sharing your uninformed opinion?

>because of someone else's poor driving
but that only happens when the rider is not paying enough attention :^)

Again, does anybody in this fucking thread know what trail braking is or is everyone just pleased with themselves for being uninformed retards?

You don't left foot brake to slow down. You do it while gassing through a turn to trail brake when your clutch is not needed at all.

No heel-toe action here.

>be looking at road in front of you because you are going fast and trying to avoid shit
>bugatti nigger rear ends you at 200+ mph
>be the red mist

You should have checked your mirrors I guess.

Trail braking only works on motorcycles becuase we have a front brake lever and a rear brake pedal.

Not only are fucking your brakes for no reason, you're binding the power train.

>Only a retard would left foot brake

FTFY busrider

Ok tell that to every single professional rally driver in the world who uses left foot braking.

You can trail brake in cars too, it's really just a racing only thing though. People who do it on the road are not going fast enough to need it.

Rally on a dirt trail ≠ 99.999999999% of pavement conditions including on the track..

>driving gtr around corner
>start to understeer

Now you can either
a. left foot brake for half a second
b. let off the gas gently and slow down while being passed by a riced out civic who left foot brakes
or
c. crash your expensive sports car

>Left foot braking in a race car equipped with 2 pedals
You don't say...

stay slow right foot braking faggots

see

i've driven race cars with 3 pedals but the clutch is only used when starting/stopping the car. in that case left foot braking is still faster. i don't do it in my road car though.

>trail braking

Braking INTO a corner. Up to the turn apex. After that, your right foot is free to switch to the accel.

If you try to switch from right foot breaking (downshift plus brakes into the corner) to left foot braking once the corner starts, the precision with which you can modulate brake pressure (and that's very important in trail braking) is compromised. Perfect formula for a loss of control.

>he thinks you correct understeer by going on the brakes and asking the front tires that are already too low on grip to slow down the car
BOI

Binding the power train lightly is basically the same thing as putting the engine under load like you might when you drive up a hill.

youtube.com/watch?v=bgg5WWfMWzM

Lol shut up retard.

The amount of literal retards in this thread is astounding.

I only did that once when I hurt my right foot really bad at work. I had to push on my knee to make my foot press the gas pedal and I was braking with my left foot. I got home and my toes were swollen to the size of baby carrots

>understeering in the first place
>not setting up your suspension tune to bias towards oversteer

Or you can take the appriopriate line to begin with if you weren't such a shit driver

i tried it once
my left foot is used to a hard clutch pedal so when i touched the brake i felt like i locked up the front wheels and shat myself

Thats why you have to keep practicing at it and not be a loser like 98% of Veeky Forums’s faggot no-skills population.

>oversteer makes the car better/faster

>Needing to left foot brake in the first place
I think you're the no-skills here.

It does in the sense that you can abuse the oversteer to correct your shit choice in braking points and lines...

You said it was needed not me, faggot.
Why dont you kys instead of repeatedly failing at learning to drive.

I'm not I'm just stating a fact that if you need to correct mid corner, you suck at driving. I mean what other use does left foot braking have?

Better than understeering.

Can confirm

It keeps the RPMs up you worthless piece of autistic shit. Please give the world the best christmas present ever and kys.
Dont go around trying to insult people who actually know what they are talking about in part from real lfe experiences you little desk faggot.

>Trying this hard to look like a racing pro
Please tell us more Ken Block

I just practice instead of giving up like you do.
If you think everyone who practices at things to get good at them is “ken block” then i hope you get raped and murdered in cold dark alleyway the first time you build up the courage to leave your moms basement, you fucking neet. Stfu Kys.

>Being this mad because you learned useless skill

inb4 you Treequinox yourself

This.

>braking keeps the RPMs up
My mechanical knowledge tells me this is fundamentally impossible.

This.

There's literally nothing wrong with downshifting when trailbraking, provided of course you're coordinated enough to keep it smooth.

>By left foot braking you can transfer more weight to the rear of the car
Again my mechanical knowledge tells me that's bullshit.

>trail braking
>while gassing

What the fuck are you doing idiot?

Im not mad. im embarrassed for you and the only cure for your ingnorant cringe squawking is kys.

>driving gtr around corner
>start to understeer
>gas and away
>remember why you chose the godtier North South rear biased AWD platform
ftfy kid

>This guy

I get that you're the second coming of Senna, you've made that clear. What you haven't made clear is how left foot braking benefits anyone other than your racing greatness.

IT KEEPS THE RPMs UP. If you dont understand how it works then theres not much hope for you in life. Please donate all your oregons to people in need who can actually make something with their lives.

Except you're doing it for no good reason and causing brake fade in a corner.

Left foot braking feeds starving children in ethiopia faggot. stfu wtf do you even mean, “how does left foot braking be foot anyone?”

>oregons

Benifit*** not be foot.
Predictive text fail

>underaged b& reading comprehension
There I knew you would out yourself as a bus pass owner soon enough

You dont ride the brake constantly enough to cause brake fade. Only a simple bus rider would think thats what happening.

Unless you've got an Auto your engine RPMs are locked to your wheel speed which should be more or less locked to your road speed.
Braking slows down your road speed and therefore your RPM.
Braking while accelerating may in theory allow you to keep your RPM up due to the simple fact that your engine is fighting your brakes and making it so you don't slow down as much as if you weren't accelerating at all.... But then that's like saying:
>"braking less keeps the RPMs up"

There's no way what you're saying makes sense.