I need a comfy car, I drive about 500 miles a week for work and as of right now it's in a 94 geo metro...

I need a comfy car, I drive about 500 miles a week for work and as of right now it's in a 94 geo metro, but I'm ready to upgrade. Can you guys recommend a comfy highway cruiser. Budget is 25-30k new or used, good gas mileage is a plus but not my main target

Lexus LS400 for $3000

Is it reliable?

A 90's Honda Legend

A 7.5L mobile couch

A toyota

look at 2014-2016 used toyota Camry XSE or XLE trims.

Both have some luxury options such as suede (xse) or leather(xle) options.

Both are extremely reliable and decent gas mileage.

XLE is more luxury oriented and focuses on interior creature comforts.

XSE has more sport options and can be equipped with a v6.

it's memed as the all time most reliable car. it's ridiculously comfy, has one if the smoothest v8's ever made, and more than one has reached 1,000,000 miles on the stock engine. I can't think of a better highway cruiser since any other luxury car is going to be more complicated and prone to failure. it's basically what put Lexus on the map. if you want something similar but a coupe instead of four-door, SC400 is pretty similar

I would want to drive this car one day, but never park or own one. Shit is pimp tho

Chevy Volt

>comfy highway cruiser
crown victoria

Late-era Pontiac Vibe or Toyota Matrix

I've bought a 95 Maxima with 120k miles for $1000 5 years later or has 210k and I'm ready for something new. Pretty sure in all this time

2010 Honda Accord
2010 BMW 3 or 5 series

Why not go with one of these?
People will shill Toyota but I find them ridiculously uncomfortable if it's not a lexus.

Mazda 3 or Mazda 6 (depends on what body style and size you want)

Can be had brand new for even under your price range and is insanely well equipped for the price.

>not one comment suggesting a diesel 5 Series
What the hell Veeky Forums, do you even car?

This is a mostly-murrican board ya know, we don't get diesel 5 series or diesel fuck-all.

That's depressing, german brands have designed their cars to be diesel powered for over 20 years, it's why they are all pigfat
I can't imagine how painful driving a 4500lb nazimobile on gasoline is
>revs to 3k to move from a stop

If you get the Mazda 3, get the upper trim.
It has the more powerful engine, the upgraded seats, and it's made in Japan (lower trims are made in Mexico now).

Can't go wrong with the Honda Civic.
New Accord is the best thing Honda has done in a long time, especially if you get the 2.0L turbo with the 10-speed transmission.

>autotragic

he wants a highway cruiser not a weekend car
nothing wrong with an automatic for that purpose

For a comfy highway cruiser, that 10-speed is going to be miles ahead of the 6-speed manual.

What about Acura ILX or TLX?

LS400 is a meme
It's an early 90s shitbox that's fairly reliable, nothing more.

Honda Accord 1.5T.
You will easily get 500mi on a tank.

Pretty bad, you're better off getting newer a Honda Civic or Accord, they'll be more luxurious and feature rich

>comfort
>reliability
>fuel economy
Pick 2

The new CX-5 is a better highway cruiser than either the 3 or the 6, sadly.

I pick all of them

>comfy

What do you guys think about 2014-2016 Cadillac ATS?

>accord
>not comfy

Get a '91 CR-X Si

P71

Newer used Volvo

Not once you drive across the continent in a car where ambient sounds barely crack 60db, where the seats massage you while heating and cooling you, and where the sound system sounds like you're sitting in a concert hall

It's not that comfy once you sit in a true luxury car, believe me I even own a bigger 8th gen Accord

I suppose 10 speeds really do make it better than a typical 3 or 4 speed auto since they probably put a super economy ratio at the end there. But if most of your driving is on the highway you barely need to shift anyway, which makes paying extra for the auto a bit dumb

I own a 2014 XLE. Test drive the 2015/2016 but was unimpressed, although the chassis is a lot different.

I drive like a madman do get around 23 mpg but it says it can do 60mpg if you drive like a bitch.

Would recommend over my sisters Mercedes c250.

Actually I'm poor and hanve never seet my ass in a true luxury car, closest thing was an uber's 318i with plastic leather seats. My dad's accord was quite comfy.

They're comfier than a 3 series I'll give you that. Look into an LS430 or something if you want a truly comfy car that won't break that bank, but as I mentioned here you'll suffer with it's pretty mediocre fuel economy

Saab 9-5

Still has the most comfortable seats of any car I've been in

any other answer is wrong, you can probably find some for pocket change

there are very few cars more reliable and more durable than a panther body