Audi A6 Quattro 3.0 2002, anybody know a good way to add mpg? I'm currently at 18, looking into chips

Audi A6 Quattro 3.0 2002, anybody know a good way to add mpg? I'm currently at 18, looking into chips

kek

>he buys the 3-liter quattro expecting higher mpg
You sure dun fucking goofed up. Only way to raise that is by changing your driving style and optimizing routes. I don't even care anymore, it uses what it uses and I'll fill her up, at least it's a joy to drive.

t. 2002 1.8T Quattro A4

Make sure you’re using the right octane gas for your engine. Make sure your air filter is clean.

add more gas

get rid of the car before it blows up.

a LPG system

I have A6 Avant 2002 C5
no quattro
1.9 TDI
sure not that traction in the snow but I got double mpg of yours ;)
at least by my quick calculations from ~ 7 liters per 100km

anyway, I am from europe and many people go for LPG around
Liquefied petroleum gas
costs around 1500-2000€ in here, will be more expensive in the US if you are there I assume
if the car is otherwise in good conditions, and you know you can find other parts cheaply (its the case in here)
then its worth it and you can get the invested price back in around 30 000km (18,000 miles), though thats whats being said around here, we have more expensive fuel.

why does that thing use about as much fuel as my 5.7 litre v8?

pigfat, AWD and VW's fuel economy claims are fake news (it's always worse in reality)

my car is pigfat too though it weighs 1550kg

But a big V8 doesn't have to work as hard as a medium-size V6 to get all that pigfat moving, and the AWD sucks up like 20-30% of the power anyway

Y'all this is my first car i bought it dirt cheap from my grandma, I'm just tryna fix it up a bit, it used to get 22 mpg, if you're not gonna help plz Fuck off

Did the MPG start going down from the day you started driving it? Could be that your grandma didn't yee-hah the car the way you're doing?

Well recently it's been reducing, check engine light says there's something wrong with the exhaust but there's no leaks or anything so I'm currently saving up for a new (non oem) exhaust system

More likely an O2 sensor - see if you can get the codes read out, and yeah that would affect your gas mileage too.

Wow, retard, read the codes, get vagcom already yesterday.

Remove all the seats

Wew, I've never seen a nigger in Audi before

tick tick tick

I'm white as the snow out here

I can post the codes here

better mpg? Sell it and get a civic before something goes wrong. The car requires an engine out service to check the oil. If you need to change the spark plugs on this car the entire front end needs to come off. Tire rotation is a $2500 job at the dealership.

Get rid of the fuckin thing. Nothing is more expensive and unreliable than a decade old audi.

The spark plugs are easy to change, i can change the oil at home fine, have done so before, tire rotations are free

You don't need to be African to be a nigger. Consider investment in your education, instead of an old german premium car. It will be extremely expensive for you to maintain

Last time i tried explaining that African thing i temporarily lost all my friends

Drive economically.

Or don't use it as much, thereby making the fuel last longer over a given amount of time.

Change the car.

There is no way to get decent mpg from a 3.0L V6 petrol engine with quattro and probably an automatic aswell.
You should've known that before buying it.
But my god that must be a fantastic boat.

If you drive this car and think about mpg, maybe you should buy something else, a DD beater for example.

I've got the V8 model and get similar MPG. Should I kill myself?

>buys poorfag car
>acts like poorfag
kek

audi is literally white nigger car here in europe

>Go on Veeky Forums to find people asking for advice and insult their decisions for no reason except that i hate myself and insulting others online because I'm too chicken shit to do it irl because it's is the only thing i can do to help lessen the pain of loneliness,
> be virgin forever

It's classy white nigger car here

have that exact car

What's your mpg and why

14 city 23 highway

Do you really get that much mpg?
I have a 2002 c220cdi wagon and I used to get 6.7 combined until my thermostat broke its now 7.0

no its the inbred "dropped out of kindergarden" tracksuit wearing fake gold chain blinging brainlet mobile
Thanks to it costing 300 eur

Not my fault you have a shit car owned by poorfag retards and you act exacly like majority of audi owners about your shitty car that has a big engine in a chassis that is incapable of doing anything but wasting its potential and breaking down

Fill the cylinders with molten steel

It's thirsty around town but OK on the highway. Watch out for the 3.0 oil issues M8.
My car is thirsty around town but bretty gud on the highway. I have to drive slow because of revs (pre face-lift didn't get 6th gear), like 90kmh slow otherwise the consumption goes through the roof.
Pic related my 2001 A6 Avant quattro 2.4 V6

why is there a someone from germany with german ads on his car in latvia

Dad bought it and used it to move from Germany to Latvia. Never bothered to remove the stickers from that van but hey who cares

you know the VAG meme on Veeky Forums?

This era of VAG is where it earned its reputation.

Literally everything on those cars will break.

Oh really? Do you know how many vag parts are on that car? It's pretty close to zero M8. You fell for the "lmao dude Audi is vw" meme.

And please tell me what will break. Yes the 3.0 will have problems because it's the early FSI engine and it's much more complicated than the 2.8 it replaced but other than that the only C5 weak point is the auto trans on 2.7 and 4.2 engines. Sure there's the usual shit like front control arms on early models and the DIN screens that burn out but that's acceptable on a 20 year old car.

That gen A6 is mechanically pretty much identical to the B5 Passat. Hell, the Passat shares more with the C5 A6 than the B5 A4, because the B5 A4 carried over the rear suspension from its predecessor (the B4 80) whereas the Passat and A6 got an all new setup.

Sure, most other gens are basically entirely different cars, but you picked the erong gen to argue "separate platforms bro".

wrong gen*

And I guess the Passat never got the 3.0, but it's essentially a revised, aluminum-cast version of the 2.8, which the Passat did get.

Op here, thank y'all that actually contributed and weren't little Bitches, imma change out the o2 sensor and then I'll get back to y'all, if anybody's interested in actually helping hmu on kik i guess, Clileywes

Eh Gold is super trashy, I've only worn a track suit ironically

It's your fault you're a little Bitch, if somebody slipped and fell on the ice and you said "haha you're stupid for going out in winter" everybody would think you're a giant faggot

I think the only people in the U.S. that wear dress like that are foreigners