80’s patrol cars

Was there ever a better time for police cruisers and interceptors than the 80’s?

>AESTHETICS
>rear wheel drive for aesthetically pleasing fish tailing during police chases
>shotgun always visibly mounted in front seat instead trunk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1WZZu3qgVOk
youtube.com/watch?v=qTN5X4JZFjU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>watch American action movies as a kid
>everything looks hectic and cool as fuck

>watch now old American action movies as an adult
>realize that it only looks hectic because American police cars at the time were god-awful piles of shit with horrid suspension and handling that lost traction and chirped tires trying to go around corners at 20 mph already, despite only making smogged 160 hp or so

apostrophe s is not plural

C A P R I C E

One of the few cars I regret turning into a parts car then race car was this rust free 88 p72.
>watch now old American action movies as an adult
>realize that it only looks hectic because American police cars at the time were god-awful piles of shit with horrid suspension and handling that lost traction and chirped tires trying to go around corners at 20 mph already, despite only making smogged 160 hp or so
This is also spot on. The 86-91 SEFI 5.0 made ironically 160hp in these cars.

RIP Caprice

This 80s nostalgia is so cringy. Now is the best as far as cars go.

Yes, in fact.
Late sixties and early seventies police cars were way more powerful.
Maybe they were uglier (that's a matter of personal preference), but I find the behind the wheel experience to be far important.

B-bodies were the fucking best, and Panthers are ubiquitous in their widespread and long-running usage, and the Blues Brothers made the old Chrysler C-body famous even to those who don't give a shit, but the M-bodies like will always just have 'the look' in my book. Something about the blinkers behind the grille and the way it tucks unbroken under the lights and it makes the whole front end of the car look like an ornery, mustached officer just waiting to give you a bad day.

Shit, dropped my image.

They were more powerful but as technology improved in other areas (primarily communication), police departments realized you don't want something fast, you want something durable that will handle 12 hours a day of idling for months on end, and getting into actual high speed pursuits is way more dangerous to civilians than most realize.

Gee, Alfred William Pompstuffings III, why do you get TWO rearview mirrors?

MANDATORY watching for the under ages of Veeky Forums
youtu.be/1WZZu3qgVOk

I'll concede that point, but I still think those cars were way cooler.

*blocks your path*

Best 80s cop car coming through

finally an excuse to post this

>back when thugs were scared as fuck of a fucking vw

>4cc

COMANDOS
DEDLI COMANDOS

Beetles had its share of problems under patrol service; it seems that exhaust manifolds warped and leaked a lot.

There were some pursuit special versions with two engines. Pretty powerful for its time, surely.

Some cop cars from Denmarkistan. I love the old green/white look on them.

And one more, this time a volvo 200 series. After the fords were phased out, these were ubiquitous way into the 90's, because of their tiny turning radius and because you could tune the fuck out of them.

And then a k9 estate.

One for the driver and one for the observer

If we're talking about Rover SD1s then we need to watch The Liver Run, where four coppers in two Rover 3500s transported a liver for transplant from Stansted airport to Kensington in under 30 minutes - youtube.com/watch?v=qTN5X4JZFjU
It's fucking glorious

>86-91 SEFI 5.0 made ironically 160hp in these cars.
I do not intend to sperg about hp/L, but 160 hp are verry little for a 5L, regardless of its design.

Pic related was the best the police had where I live in the 80s:
A Porsche 924
Ok, it does not exactly have more than 160 hp, but it is way smaller, lighter and handles decently.

smogged is flogged m8
if it werent for politicians the world would be much different

Well, some of them where decent, but most of them where trash.

>made the peoples car real
>made the Autobahn-network
>got rid of high finance
>got germany out of the depression better than any country on the world

Thread needs a little bit of Australia thrown in

A bike would've been faster

argentine ford falcon patrol cars. first gen, restyled, sold all the way into the early 90's, and used by certain police depts all the way into the early 2000's. here's a 1982 model.

It must suck living in Australia. Everything about your country, history, and culture is inferior to America. You can't even reminisce about cool 80's things because you just had gay little police Tempos.

Why does Argentina bother having police?

we haven´t lost all hope yet. seriously, i don´t know why.
we should have become a somalia-like """country""" led by local nigger warlords long time ago

>throwing up gang signs n shieeet
>.22

84-85 LTD LX.

>shit talking the VL

Shoo Shoo 56%er

we are nogunz as phuc, even our nigger equivalents cant get stuff good enough to pillage middle class neighborhoods with. law abiding citizens are pretty much defenseless, so it doesn´t make much of a difference.

That's a Norwegian cop car. The color scheme is slightly different, it has what looks to be the Norwegian coat of arms on the driver's door, but more importantly the plate is obviously Norwegian. It even has an entry in the Norwegian DMV.

IS that blues brothers

For some reason I love those fucking police cars. Maybe it's just nostalgia but I really do like how the Caprice cop cars looked

>not making pipe blasters
>not having blunderbuss gangs with authentic black powder
crime must be boring there. just a bunch of drunk cunts running around yelling 'dickhead' at everyone and getting into fights

>Everything about your country, history, and culture is inferior to America
haha

they always travel in large packs, and do sometimes wield homemade guns.

and yes, most street level criminals are underage kids (pic related). when they grow up, they either die from a drug overdose, or end up joining a more organized kind of gang, with real guns, and bigger targets.

Had a kgb dorito model

Hip hop was a mistake

do not forget this is argentina we are taking about, my friend. those apes don't listen to american negro bullshit. they shatter living room windows with bassboosted cumbia and reggaeton from their riced out shitboxes

and those are the ones that can afford cars, most of them ride 125cc bikes or shit

literally Brazil.
must be something related with south america desu

it's something related to brown people, everywhere

>do not forget this is argentina we are taking about,
lol whoops i thought it was still about straya
thats worse though so thanks for reminding me why i dont go to south america

I used to work for a university police dept, and we had an '80 aspen with a 340. It was geared super tall, so it would go 140, but it handled stiff and flat- very little body roll. Maybe that baseball-bat of a sway bar has something to do with that.

It was a decent little shop hack, and fun in the middle of the night.

Best 80's cop car coming through

ric in caprice

>got germany out of the depression better than any country on the world
Nope. The growth of the German economy in the 30s was entirely built on sand. Had the war not started, it would have crashed terribly in the early 40s

Where can I get some huge sunglasses like those?

THIS
the 80s were probably the worst time to be driving a police car thats when they actually would get outran in police chases by fuckers in their pontiac firebirds because they were chasing them with practically base models.

Well, fuck. Didn't look too closely at the details, since it had the right color scheme. Fun to know they looked so similar, though.

70's was better