He waits for the car to warm up for more than 30 seconds

>he waits for the car to warm up for more than 30 seconds

did you even read the manual?

i like being warm

I installed seat heaters so I could be warm within seconds, well before my engine warms up

>it's -30C outside
>warm up 30 minutes

My truck starts up at ~1500 rpm and I wait till it drops to 750-1000 rpm before driving off. That's enough time to get waze/spotify goin, buckle up, and take a sip of my coffee.

This

Yeah, and i don't give a shit
When an engine first starts the oil isn't up to temp which means it can't provide the proper lubrication, so good job fucking your engine up pal

>t. didn’t read the manual

>I don't understand fundamental physics nor understand car companies are forced to put that shit in their manuals becuase of emission and mpg requirements.

>>the car gets warmer driving than sitting at a standstill. only ~30 seconds are needed when waiting for a warm engine

>turbocharged car
It takes 6 minutes for my idle to drop.

Same exact routine except the part where you take a sip of that cancer juice

>believing the manufacturer who just wants to push metal
Ok

>cancer juice
Just drink a sugar free Monster instead if you want caffeine

Nah, they both suck, ever heard of a glass of water

This, except I don't drive a truck

Yeah, that's that junk I pee in. What about it?

Bitch, I ain't warming up the engine. I'm warming up the cabin and melting the ice on the windshield. I don't enjoy freezing my hands on the steering wheel or trying to see through a tiny hole in the frost I had to scrape off the inside of the windows.

My car starts at 1900 rpm, then drops to exactly 1500 after fifteen seconds, and stays there for a couple minutes until slowly dropping to normal idle speed of ~700. It also doesn't mention any of that or how long to let it warm up in the manual.

not starting the car from inside the warm house
what it like being poor?
kek
are you somehow implying that the turbocharger on your car makes it take longer for oil and coolant to reach operating temperature?

uh you realize that the engine is running while you are warming it up, right?

>tfw my car is the spec that normally comes with remote start
>tfw it didn't because it's stick

I have to.
If I try to drive it too soon without giving it a minute or so to warm up the hot idle cam disengages too soon and it stalls.
The manual, although surprisingly still intact after 52 years even though the glovebox rotted out around it somehow, says nothing on the matter.

I wait till my oil pressure is at least 60psi, at which point its probably at 900rpm

>Melting the ice on the windshield
It's called an ice scraper you literal fucking nigger.

heh actually that's the same with my car I bought the piece from a online parts dealer and defeated the clutch lockout
ezpz
except when my retarded gf moves my shitbox and leaves it in gear

tfw sit in my car for hour lunch break

Ye. Fold the back seats down, set the stereo to some chill and alarm for 50 minutes. Super nap times.

I wish I could do that.
I only get a 30 minute lunch.

My old job was 7-12, 2-7. That lunchbreak was a blessing and a curse. Nothing to really do for 2 hours.

You ever try scraping the ice off a window after getting freezing rain, followed by snow? The blade just skips right off the rock hard sheet or else leaves crystals that won't come off without heating them. Ever try scraping ice on the inside of the window? Even with a tiny scraper, the angle and cramped space make it infuriating.

ever try living in a place where you wont die just by being outside?

You offering me a job to sponsor my green card?

>Mfw all these tellings of ice, snow and freezing rain.
>Mfw like 1 or 2 days a year with cold and clear sky nights I might get a slightly frosty front lawn.

I hate the heat, but it seems a fair trade for not having to worry about burst mains, ice windshields and salted roads.

It's like you want to die early from congestive heart failure.

ill give you $20 to fuck off

>tfw no chili fest for at least another 5 months
>tfw no hallucinogenic peppers
why fucking live

>dash literally has "iidle 5 minutes to prevent damage to turbo" written on it
I think I'll wait.

I mean, 5 minutes is a long time.
Is that North Russia 5 minutes or California 5 minutes?

Add a neutral safety switch just for the remote start?

What's the difference?

If the target temp is something like say 90c for the coolant, then it would take longer if the block is started at -30c vs 0c.

North Russia is a frozen wasteland of vodka, California is an SJW nightmare where people will complain when it's 60F out

The turbo is oil cooled/lubricated so I'm sure it's a failsafe 'oil isn't molasses' deal.
The manual itself thoughsays its to ensure the actual turbo heats up evenly and properly before it starts spinning its happy ass off. Super tight clearances maybe?

I figured I was missing out on some lingo like "a new York minute" kinds shit.

The engine is running before you're warming it up you inbred basement dwelling NEET

>tfw no turbocharger to accommodate for
i get an extra 5 minutes of sleep, senpai

Same here, a VFII.
Found a company that installs the remote start on a manual. Main reason I plan on doing it so they can disable the “push brake and clutch to start” faggotry which is pretty much the reason why it’s on available on manual vehicles

when cold my car idles at 1krpm, i wait for it to drops to back to 600rpm before going anywhere in it.

*not available

Recently got some autometer gauges for my car, one is an air:fuel gauge that counts down from 15 when it starts up, pretty gud way to get the car ready just by waiting for it to finish

My car never came with a manual
Also, have you ever sat in a car when it's -10°C outside before the heaters turn on? I'll rather stand outside scraping and getting the snow off in my jacket while the engine warms up.
Then I get inside with my jacket off, put on a good song and down a can of energy. At which point the internal temperature of the car is above 0°C.

I start the car as soon as I get in, then I buckle up, turn on the heated seats and get comfortable, and that gives me about 30 seconds to let the oil circulate before I pull off. After that, I drive gently until the engine is up to temp.

It rarely gets below -10°c where I live, and my car isn't a diesel, so I start the engine, scrape the ice off the windshield, turn on the music, buckle up and drive off.
If there's no ice to scrape, I simply drive off; idle is 1200 until it gets to 20°c coolant temp, and it is harder to shift, but heats up quickly even if I drive gently (no abrupt changes of load, no more than 3000 rpm...).
I had an oil temp display, and I know that, even in the coldest of winters, the oil is up to temp about five minutes after the coolant is.

>wanting your breath to fog up the windows because it is cold in there and now you cant see
baka detected

T. Doesn't have a car with a carburettor

That first ////////sip//////// of the day

this. warming up some motorcycles can be a bitch and a half. if it’s cold i need full choke on mine and need to give it throttle for around 20 seconds so it won’t die, then another 1-2 minutes for it to get a little more warm

what bike you got?

98 ZX6R, cleaned the carbs and loosened the idle screw, had someone sync and balance the floats and it still takes forever. might be a vacuum leak because it’ll die if you put it in N and let the RPMs fall too fast so i have to give it a little gas to keep it going

hopefully i can afford to upgrade soon

damn how much u pay for it? sounds like it might have been a steal

This maybe true but the oil is still cold,not lubricating as well, and that's negating the fact I'm burning alot more gas in a older vehicle that takes its sweet time adjusting fuel trim.

>implying normal fags are waiting for the engine to warm up.

It is lubricating its just slightly thicker than normal. If you're running full synthetic like you should be, the viscosity of the oil is engineered to change as little as possible. So long as you aren't running something ludicrously thick at low temperatures like the shit they recommend for a track car you're fine.

>open garage
>start car
>move car out of garage
>close garage door
>get back in car and go

You can start driving right away but you need to be light on the throttle and shifting. Heavy load while not at operating temperature can cause damage to essential components.

>the southern chad vs the northern virgin

>cancer juice
Kill you're self

lmao this stupid ass nigga

Coffee is actually extremely healthy for you

>Not starting your car and then immediately redlining it
It's like you aren't retarded or something

Im just worried about my 05 c240 shitting itself if I dont.

Turn the pilot screws out a hair each and see if it helps

>You're
Ok foreigner you tried
>Coffee is healthy for you
How?

Drinking coffee had been linked to reducing the chances of Alzheimer's

Are you fucking retarded? It's pretty well known coffee is good for you.

*sips fedora*

What did he mean by this?

It's also well known that a glass of fucking water is healthy for you and effectively starts your metabolism in the morning making you have more energy later

I wait for the oil gauge to reach the normal operating temperature. That takes about 50 seconds right now.

>reading the manual

But most cars are automatic...

had a pretty good kek at this

Prolly cause you’re American

i am, but i drive a 6 speed sentra europoor

>effectively starts your metabolism

In a cold, DRY start (rebuild), once the distributor gear or pump gear turns (engine cranking) it only takes the oil 3 seconds or so to get to the very top of the engine
>t. I always prime my engine rebuilds with a drill down the distributor shaft

Oh it's one these "why can't you just breath the air and drink the water" types

kys

>Trans fluid is below recommended level until it is at full operating temperature, because it expands when hot.

But hey, you go drive off after 30sec.

Also, this is Fahrenheit, right now, and will be double that in the morning.

>he drives an automatic

stick shift masterrace dont give no fucks other than a slightly stiffer shifter for a few minutes

Good goy

Ever heard of the water cycle? You're literally drinking piss, shit, and cum! Soyboy

If it's cold enough to warrant a warm up, cabin heat usually doesn't kick in until at least a min or two. Which reminds me I gotta book a remote start install.

>t. obese

Oh it's one of the puss bois who needs coffee to wake up

>-20 F outside
>entire interior is frozen in time
>clutch pedal retracting like molasses
>heater blowing air colder than my freezer

It's going to warm up for 10 minutes. fuck your manual

enjoy your fucking pneumonia

That's not how you catch pneumonia user

This cunt must be in a hummer or some shit , if he think he can take off a jacket needed for -10c in a car without fucking everything up

-10°C is barely cold

>-10°C
that's fucking nothing. in chimpcago we get at least one week every winter where it's -20°C or lower in the mornings plus the fucking wind chills. in the summer it's hot as hell and no wind, but in winter that piece of shit always blows.

This also applies to M/T fluid. They both expand when hot, just like your anus :3

i'm in my 30's and literally nobody warms their car up because "you're supposed to warm the oil" they warm their cars up because it's fucking cold in the cars and they don't want to sit in the cold. you kids are so fucking weird