Check'd

>RR

Fwd

fwd but in reverse

Full time 4wd > AWD

8x6

Depends on application.

/thread

AWD because you are going to spend 90% of the vehicle time on the road and it's going to be comfortable. 4X4 is basically useless at this day and age but I'm glad companies till make them because there's a small market for them always.

RWD

AWD > 4x4 > FWD >>>>>>>>>>>>>> RWD

Stay mad driftfags.

You have very clearly never traveled through the third world (where 75% of the world's population lives)

All 4x4 are AWD, but not all AWD are 4x4, they could also be 6x6 or 8x8.

I prefer 4x4. More clunky, but offers me better control

4x4

Hektik 2wd skidz till you get stuck then power to all wheels to save your own ass

you're god damn right

4x4 means lockable differentials you spastic
AWD means the engine's power is sent to all wheels all the time
Quattro and haldex shit in general is part time 4x4, since it's fwd only until the computer says so

No, Quattro is the Audi term for all wheel drive, Quattro initially only used Torsen, which was full time, only later they started using haldex for shit like the TT and A3 where the engine is transverse-mounted instead of longitudinal like in sedans and avants. They decided to keep the "Quattro" badging for those too, despite being a different kind of drivetrain altogether..

>not wanting 4x4=16 wheels

Quattro means 4
As in 4 wheel drive

To expand on this, the og Audi Quattro had welded diffs all around, making it 4x4
It also started Audi's infamy for understeer, since the engine was already so far ahead of the wheels

>4x4 is useless in this day and age

soiboi detected

>4x4 is basically useless

So is a RAV4 with a center locking diff a 4x4? Or does a 4x4 have to also have a transfer case for 4lo and 4Hi?

4HI and 4LO is required for any real 4x4 system

>AWD means the engine's power is sent to all wheels all the time
Nope, it means power is sent to all wheels some of the time.

permanent 4wd

Laughed harder than I should have

But in seriousness AWD>4WD>FWD>RWD