Car does 260 mph

>car does 260 mph
>but owners never drive them over 20 mph

so what's stopping them from doing a one off car that can actually reach that speed but making the production models significantly slower, since nobody will bother going over 20 in theirs anyway? and VAG has already proven capable of this kind of shit with dieselgate. will a crazy arab ever decide to go out of a crowded city center with his and will they get exposed then?

Who would buy a car that looks fast but isn't fast if the only goal of a luxary car for most is to show off wealth.

well like clarkson put it you tell a bugatti owner the car's 0-60 time he yawns. you tell him it has diamonds in the speakers he gets giddy.

Pretty much this. Bugatti is very ludicrous, luxury, fastest car in the world.

>buy car just because of its top speed
>thats the only thing its good for
>theres only one place in the world it can achieve that speed and you will never be allowed to drive there

rich people are dumb sometimes

why not buy a cornering or acceleration monster that you can actually enjoy?

because the people who buy them think like absolute niggers and actually are absolute niggers. the only people who buy them are arab niggers and rapper niggers

oil rich russians buy them too

I reckon there's some road in the USA straight enough and abandoned enough to achieve it's ''top speed'' (entertaining the notion that it can actually achieve said top speed in production models) there without much of a chance of anyone interfering. u need ballz tho

>>theres only one place in the world it can achieve that speed and you will never be allowed to drive there
???????????

because they want to show they're billionaires and bugatti is like the rr of its category in comfortness and luxury.
the. second factor is, that what happens when you give 3'rd world people money.

the production models probably top out at 230 or so. that's right a bit over what anyone sane would attempt in real world conditions

I wonder what the doug score would be?

not very high I reckon he'd figure it's not worth the money and probably be crazy enough to try and reach top speed and then it'd be exposed as a marketing tool

What would happen if you took a Chiron to Bonneville?

>Mfw 390km/h is considered too fast for the street
How? Modern highways are billiard table flat and have no traffic on them 90% of the time

And if you do fuck something up you probably won't even get seriously hurt

I have to admit it but the Chiron is so thiccc I can't help but love it

Wish they'd go full retard and put a 2000hp+ tune through it as it's barely 550hp off and wouldn't need much

Sure you'd drain the tanks after a couple of runs but boy wouldn't that be a fun ride?

I always wondered why someone hasn't built a big heavy car that can put that kind of power down and turn a corner

Put 355 45 r 21 at all four wheels and Chuck a turbo ls in a awd sedan it wouldn't be hard

>so what's stopping them from doing a one off car that can actually reach that speed but making the production models significantly slower
That would lower the salesof the car significantly, since it is basically a pure Veblen good and lowering the price does exactly the opposite of creating more revenue, if anything, it would hamper sales. The price is what the consumer is willing to show to the world that they can pay, not what the product is worth. Bugatti readily admits that they're electroncially limited, and you need a seperate key from them to go full retard.

It doesn't matter though. The Veyron and Chiron are designed to be pigfat GT's with crazy amounts of acceleration and bragging rights. They were designed for being the most impressive cruiser in the world at 20mph. That means they need an 8 liter, quad turbo W16 with 1500hp and an insane top speed, all while being super comfortable at low speeds because that's all it'll get driven at. It has to be able to BTFO every single production straight line to prove itself, that's all. Ever been to Monaco? People just drive around there in their expensive cars, just to be seen in them, and the Veyron/Chiron are the most expensive and most impressive car to be seen in.

It could probably do it's top speed on Bonneville or some such place, but that's for plebeians.

The only thing it's good at, is being impressive to normies.

It would stop accelerating at about 415kph, because that's where Bugatti set the limiter - and they're not pulling the limiter off for you.

Jesus fuck you meme-spewing retard. Have you ever gone 250kph on the Autobahn? It's the best highway in the world for going those kinds of speeds, and it's still amazingly strenuous. 300kph takes considerable amount of skill, 390 is practically impossible.

>And if you do fuck something up you probably won't even get seriously hurt
If you've ever seen a 250kph wreckage, you know the only way people didn't feel pain was because they got killed quickly enough.

>Most over-engineered engine in the world
>Just put a 2000hp tune on it
Do you even engineering?

>Put 355 45 r 21 at all four wheels and Chuck a turbo ls in a awd sedan it wouldn't be hard
>it wouldn't be hard
Then do it faggot.

Yep I've had my car pegged at 250+ it was amazingly stable.

Only thing I need now is big brakes because I can barely stop once let alone repeated pulls.

Sadly I always run out of road

I've been thinking of putting a Ford territory driveline and i6t into a bf wagon since someone did something similar but it ain't gonna be easy.

Besides anything under 300 is too slow for me aiming for a top speed north of 300 but I doubt 400rwhp and 500ftlb to play with as well as longass 6sp and rear end

How the fuck does Veeky Forums consider 100-200 fast?

Literally feels like I'm going 50

you missed my point completely. I'm saying they'd just lie about it like with dieselgate

You have to be 18 to post here.

I am 28

Just because you lost your balls doesn't mean we all have dadchad

>fastest car in the world

>blocks your path

You share the road with with semis Going 90 kmh and normies overtaking them at 120 kmh. If you can't see the problems you must be dense.

Not enough question marks for me

Which shit state are you from? Semis give no fucks here regularly at 120kmh+ cruising

nice

What would the point of that be? People are paying millions for these cars if they got caught trying to save a few pennies the car would lose its image.

what was the point of dieselgate? those engines were in MILLIONS of consumer cars and they still thought they wouldn't get caught?

it wouldn't kill them, but they would get their shit slapped financially and publicly

an egghead in a swedish shed, a texan fraudster and that have been producing cars capable of similar speeds for some time now. it would be inexcusable to have the resources bugatti has and not produce cars that hit their claimed performance targets

>and that
and that guy with the tuatara thing*

Their production cars are already detuned significantly to be easier to drive and more reliable. The torque curves are unnaturally flat, showing something is limiting its output.

hmm, you're right

>dieselgate
1. literally what
2. why the fuck do americans insist on adding "gate" to every little snafu, do americans even know why watergate was called watergate? holy shit i fucking hate americans so much but the pussy game ridiculous

>but dude my car CAN whip your cars ass
thats about it really

probably limited by fuel range and thermals

but if it's blocking your path wouldn't that imply it's actually slower because it isn't going faster than me

>625 Nm of torque at idle
What

That's what you get with 16 cylinders and 4 tiny turbo's. If they need so much torque I don't know why they didn't just use a diesel. It could of helped with the dieselgate bullshit.

>rich faggots not buying the supreme Bugatti

The agera R set the speed record in Nevada, granted they had to close down like 15 miles of road, but it was straight enough to go over 280 mph

what do you drive ? You must be a madman

google it maybe? it's when volkswagen added a cheating device to their diesel engine because they couldn't engineer an engine that met emissions while staying competitive in horsepower? how fucking much of a caveman do you have to be to not know this?

also the veyron supersport was ''''limited'''' at 415kph so OP is 100% right

Clapped out old ls in a dinnydoore

Are you a member of mid night club?

I wish

>Modern highways are billiard table flat

Where the fuck do you live. Where I am there are often holes in them, not to mention the odd dead animal.

Qld

i'm looking forward to james may setting the record in the supersports version of the chiron for 10 minutes before the test driver does better

that'll be a great episode of top gear two

>Modern highways are billiard table flat and have no traffic on them 90% of the time
I wish

Which ep will it be?
Most new highways on the east coast are alrite

didn't they already hint at this in some other episode

Oh god this is falcunt being fully retarded again

He's a fucking idiot that's for sure

Your crappy commie has never been over 250 and you'll never go 300 in your life you fucking idiot.

>modern highways are totally capable of 390kph

Holy fuck you're an idiot.

Who's that?
I am not a Communist
And bait taken

>I'm only pretending to be retarded
Okay bud, why don't you go on making up shit about how fast your pile drives.

Nah I just spew retarded shit till someone gets mad by default

Makes trolling easier

Ofc modern highways won't be safe at 250-300+ kmph doesn't stop mad men from trying tho

short answer is: wont sell. supply and demand. they can make the car but crazy arab will want to buy it to have the car no one else has...

just cos he has money dont mean it makes sense?

jeremy clarkson made a valid point on top gear once: i have a watch that i can use underwater to a depth of 200 meters, eventhough i may never do that its reasuring when i accidently drop it in the sink when im doing the dishes.

unless you OWN your own test track or a circut that can sustain such high speeds its a one trick pony.

You could max it out in most of the prairie parts of Canada and America with a few people blocking the side roads.

Yeah it's fast for a production car but that much money gets you a used 2500hp Texas mile car, A pilots licence and a plane lease that makes 260mph feel like crawling.

Lol they dont want to go fast they just like being able to THINK and SAY that they CAN even if they never WILL

Drove there from VIC a few months ago. Damn that double lane each way, town bypassed, animal proof fence highways are glorious now. Nothing like the shit before, one lane each way not even separated so good luck if you had a head on back then.

I don't think you understand how much torque that is.
That graph is objectively wrong.

There was a rapper in Texas who got a speed ticket of over 200mph in his Bugatti

Yeah I do because I drive big diesels all day. Keep in mind our pickup trucks here are over 900 ft/lbs stock and tuning them will get you belligerent torque numbers. We know what torque nectar tastes like.

>Bugatti disowns the bastard child until recently

460lb feet at 500rpm isn't real on any 8L gas engine. Especially an 8 liter gas engine with a fucking 3.4" bore.
I'm not a europoor, I'm well aware that a new Ram puts out 1000lbft stock.

go watch effspot's youtube video where he tries to keep up with a chiron, he cant even keep it in sight

no one cares about your rusted out pickemup truck cleetus this is a real performance vehicle

If you strap 4 tiny ass turbo's on a 8l BBC ~600ft/lbs at a more reasonable and believable 1000rpm wouldn't be that hard to achieve. Even big semi diesels aren't dyno tested to 500rpm so I don't even know why it's on the graph.

If you blow down a public road at over 200mph it doesn't matter whether there are cops around. Even if they physically could give chase, they wouldn't.

There's a good straight from North bris and sunny where there's nothing same with the hinterlands

Does it have diamonds in the speakers? No?

that's nowhere near the claimed top speed of even a veyron.

btw veyron ss was tested at 432kph but production models are limited to 415kph

really makes u think