Anyone else take advantage of the empty Christmas morning roads?

Anyone else take advantage of the empty Christmas morning roads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5yMTGBhBWEU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not today but last night.

Mayhaps

nice cars

No because christmas Police Road patrols everywhere in my country

>peak drunk driving day of the year

yep
added a few extra minutes to my trip, but fuck the altamont pass even if it’s clear

Just the small ones at work where I know nobody would be

Still failed

Nice, I miss driving in snow (though it's only fun for a few days, not the whole season)

Thanks

IDK about your country but we do our drunk driving on Thanksgiving eve, New Years eve, and 4th of July. I don't think a lot of people are driving drunk at 8am on Christmas Day, I only saw a few people driving so even if all of them were smashed it still wouldn't be as dangerous as an average commute.

Theres still a bajillion muslims in the way everywhere. There is no such thing as lighter traffic on christmas anymore.

That would actually be Super Bowl Sunday if you live in burgerland followed by New Year's Eve

where is this road?

Before my dad moved me and my brother used to drive from Pasadena to SoCal at like 6-7am every Christmas morning and we'd always do it in like 30 mins when it would usually take an hour plus. Was so wild seeing the five freeway that empty.

>marinfag

I did last night, cranked thru the state forest a couple times. Would have done more if I was in my other car but I wasn't

Yep it's Bolinas Fairfax road in Marin County, you've probably seen it in car commercials they film them a lot there. It's very scenic but the road is beat to shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=5yMTGBhBWEU

Nah been too busy drinking. But might mob down an empty backroad later tonight on my way back home

You ever done Panoramix HWY at night? Nearly empty once it's dark, especially on weekends. Pure cornering the whole way up and down to stinson.

Nope, never officer

/this
and there's virtually no twisties

Pasadena is SoCal?

Yup, and fresh powder. Finally out then winter tires to use.

You have no penis and/or testicles.

same place as an rx7 pic if im not mistaken
cant find the one im looking for though

I did, Took the Subie through the snowed in roads. Was a blast

Hang in there kitty, someday you will do it ok

Yup. Was a blast driving the hour+ back to my home town with pretty much 0 traffic.

Nah it's midlowercal

I tried to.
>I'll drive the Subaru strictly for pleasure
>I'll catch the morning sun coming up
>The turbo will love all this cold air

IIRC it was -6 with the wind chill this morning. Unfortunately the Subaru just couldn't generate enough heat for me and itself.
>Let it warm up to operating temperature out of the wind
>Let the heated seats warm up while idling
>Began my drive and immediately the temperature gauge started plummeting
>I know it's cold but how cold.. phone said -6
>Decided to just run it hard on my favorite back roads, should stay warm if I keep it around 3-5k
>After about 15 minutes of playing Ken Block Jr down my favorite back roads a CEL appears
>Pulled the code: thermostat malfunction

I did not have an enjoyable morning. I turned the cabin heat down to downright uncomfortable and the car remained at operating temperature.

This is my second four cylinder car and it's the second four cylinder car I've had that won't stay at operating temperature during the coldest winter days. Guess I'll be shoving cardboard in front of the radiator to help it out.

I don't usually see them Christmas morning or evening, but definitely at night.

>I miss driving in snow
>Fun for a few days
Hit the head on the nail senpai. Gets old real quick.

Might not be so bad if winter tires were mandatory, but that's not the case. Living in one of the poorer counties in my state I'm surrounded by people unwilling to spend $400 on a cheap set of winter tires.

Constantly stuck behind people doing 20-25 in 55 zones. For whatever reason normies don't realize the difference is night and day. Oddly their only concern is whether or not it's 4wd.

My car needs new outer tie rods and hubs :( Otherwise, I would have. There is one road in particular that is 14 miles long and full of twists and turns.

nope

Australia is fucked over the xmas/new year

Do you and your bro like to play pranks on each other?

Mfw went for a drive through Auckland on Sat and there was almost 0 traffic through the CBD, practically 1st at every set of lights.

Shit was unreal, completely empty roads.
Until you get to a beach, then it's time to suck congestion dick.

>go out on the one day with only drunk retards and police on the roads
no fucking way lmao

Aus is fucked like you'll be in the middle of nowhere thousands of k's from a city and a fucking hwp will roll up and ping you for farting the wrong way upwind of him/her

2nd week when all the normies go back in feb is when it goes quiet

jelly as fuck

>empty Christmas morning roads?

>Drunk retards
On a Christmas morning? Are you telling me first thing Christmas morning is when the drunk retards are on the road?

>On a Christmas morning? Are you telling me first thing Christmas morning is when the drunk retards are on the road?
yes

where is this? i think someone took a pic of a miata in the same spot.

Yes. Highway Patrol nailed me for 57 in a 25. Losing my license for 6 months and I can't afford the ticket. Hold me, faggots.

anyway, i found it.

37.941742, -122.658363

LMAO
M
A
O

yep. dun beet me record for % speed violation. 120 in a fiddy yo. 240% speed.

Had a really nice Christmas morning cruise while everyone was still sleeping. No one else on the streets, just me, my 4 wheel drive and all the nannys turned off. It was blissful.

No it's socal. Its more South than LA which is socal.

fokken saved

Yes I was doing up to 90mph on a country mountain road and hit a tiny patch of ice on my semi slicks and spun out into a ditch. Got pulled out by a country bro, we laughed about me wrecking my drift missile for a min and I gave him 20$ for pulling me out.
>lost a spedo sensor and brake caliper bolt, 20$ fix
No regrets.

Rallye steelies up front, Cragars in back. The muscle car equivalent of a mullet, I like your style.

Sometimes I forget not everyone on Veeky Forums is a poorfag in a twingo or 3k civic
Nice cars lads