Focus RS is blowing head gaskets and overheating diffs

>Focus RS is blowing head gaskets and overheating diffs
>Civic Type R is crunching in 2nd gear and overheating the engine
Is the WRX still the best boyracer car on the market?

Other urls found in this thread:

goaprplus.com/#golf_gti
performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M4
performanceparts.ford.com/part/2364-215-AA
performanceparts.ford.com/part/2363-280-BA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

delet yourself

golf r tho

For me, it's the nismo juke

>GTI with shit AWD and a tune for an extra 10k
It's too mundane to be a boyracer car

>tune
yes that's literally all that they did

wrx is slower than both

this generation's 240sx tho

>trying to argue about vag on Veeky Forums

sadly you cunts just can't appreciate the patrician's choice

>Buying new cars to Hoon in
>Not buying glorious A31 ceffy that's been wrapped around trees and welded back together numerous times

>vag
>ever

read

Maybe while it's under warranty, but I wouldn't touch a vag product out of warranty with a 10 foot pole

>calls it the patricians choice
>offers nothing over its competition besides a nice interior

also literally not having a huge problem out of the factory

only because its the slowest option

No hatchback on the Subaru, makes me sad

murrisharts love sedans

they buy crossovers if they want a hatch, subaru targets the wrx sti specifically for the american market

car that runs is faster than a car that blows its head gasket and cooks its diff

Pic related is best.

only if you track it lap after lap does the rs have problems

not really a "boy racer" choice tho

also
>tfw new 1 series are going to be fwd
feelsbadman

I would love to have a hatch wrx, I can't bring myself to buy a Ford though, the Honda is too far out on styling for me.

Only in Japan/Yurop/Straya, and it's CVT only. Fucking hell why can't we have nice things?

funny, cuz you can track the R lap after lap and it won't have problems
:thinking:

so what you're saying is that Ford pushed the RS too hard just so it had the biggest numbers at the sacrifice of it fucking itself in the ass?

except that the r has overheating problems

it's similar to a Focus RS except the BMW is better in every way

I dont see any reason to buy anything but Golf GTI. Like really.
>civic
Yeah, looks are completely subjective. But looks are what really disgusts me about it. Like it didnt get much appreciation in previous generations and now tries really hard to prove something
>wrx
Its good, but build materials are low end. Front end good, rear end bland. Looks way less boi-racerish than Type R.
>focus rs
I suspect infotainment system is shit, too pricey for what it is. Fast, boyracer cockpit, just too much.
>golf gti
Looks modern, appealing, fresh, doesnt scream in your face. Interior is great. Isnt bloated with unnecessary shit, great, intuitive, easy to use infotainment. VW just nails it with cockpit friendlyness. Lots of shared parts with rest of VAG. Shit ton of mods, DIY, community all over the world. Great fuel economy, good dd, has about everything in options you need. Wont depreciate so fast

All the problems with the Focus RS and you choose Sync3? What's wrong with it? It's the best infotainment ive used

ummm no sweety

Always makes me kek when eurofags can't even spell "sweetie"

My favorite is when people misspell it as sweaty.

absolutely

>loves GTI
>goes on about everything but the actual performance or fun
I fucking hate you VW scum.

vagfags only care about interior

>Gti will make more hp than the type r or sti with a simple tune.
>golf r will make over 400 hp with similar tune

Its not fair conparing a tune to a stock car blah blah blah. But the growth potential these cars have is undeniable. I drove my friends gti and its drives great.

I wanted a wrx bad, but now that i have had time to think I really want to snag a lightly used golf r.

Help guys
>2008 wrx
>135000 miles
is 8k a good price?

>tuning
nice voiding your warranty and shitting your engine faggot

>Buy 2017 GTI
>Change out all season tires for Michelin Pilot Super Sports under 1k miles
>Track event at 3850 miles

Am I doing it right bros?

Well thats a given but this is Veeky Forums are dont tell me you are afraid of modding your car because of the warrenty jew? Do you even into enthusiast?

Also gti engines are bullet proof with s good tune, seriously apr tried to blow their engine up and couldent. Though i would rather mod a golf r due to their upgraded internals and better ability to manage heat

>just bought a 2016 focus ST w/ 16k miles for fairly cheap

I hope I didn't just jump the gun but oh well im stuck with it for a few years

The WRX makes more power than the STI with an aggressive tune as well - although I believe it's likely true that the GTI's engine is more stout than the WRX.

The big difference between the two, though, is that the WRX can actually make use of that power while the GTI is going to have a harder time with all that torque even with the optional VAQ differential unit and sticky tires.

The main difference between the GTI and the WRX is that the WRX is a harder-edged vehicle with much higher limits due to the AWD. The WRX will let you get away with a lot with the crazy amount of sheer grip and tenacity it has, but the problem with that is that you will find yourself going from "Yeaaahhhh!" to "Oh... holy shit FUCCCKKK" very fast once you exceed those limits. The GTI is softer, with greater focus on practicality and creature comforts.

As far as reliability and dependability... it's kind of a tossup. I mean on the one hand you have Volkswagen... not much else needs to be said there. The amount of bitching I hear from former owners is truly surprising - I thought it was a meme, but every time I ask about someone's VW it goes "Oh man, it was so nice... but damn what a shitbox, drove me crazy."

On the other hand you've got a small Japanese manufacturer who has been known to cut some corners here and there to make ends meet.

Is it dirt cheap used yet?

I sold VWs. It's literally a fucking GTI with some audi parts marked up $10,000. Literally only retards buy this car.

>dirt road

No. But just wait a couple of years.

get a truck biarch

Always makes me kek when amerifats are newfags

fuck the shit out of my cousin. and no she is not a step cousin or some shit.

im burning through fuel here, gonna need a drink might get me sister to piss in my mouth mmm tasty

Wait a bit
New golf r will have the i5
I got a GTi as company car and it's easily the nicest fwd I've ever driven

In benchracing terms the M140i is the best hot hatch ever, but it's by all accounts totally dull to drive

Call me crazy but i'd like if they made a real world road test where they take 5-6 cars of that class and make them go 20 laps on nurburgring at full throttle and see how well they will hold up. Friend drives an Evo and i have an STI which are both daily driven and so far no trouble (He has done around 140k km in last 10 years) and both cars are at around 400hp range... Another friend has an Seat Leon cupra with around 400hp and he already changed 2 engines so it would be good to make a test to see how they fare in such conditions...

t. never sat in one

No this is Veeky Forums where they'll say the most innocuous stuff as really simple to do shit but really it's a complex pay wall into a very very rigorous and dangerously expensive endeavor to increase the power of your car via playing with the ecu. The problem is that even though these cars have been out forever the market for tunes is always wickedly unstable between different car configurations, fuel types and fuel qualities. Risking your car because you wanna get 15 more hp out of it by pushing the boost on an already high boost is just asking for trouble. You wonder why people complain about ringlands or head gaskets because their pressures are just one psi too high for the engine.

Also the amount of serious car fanatics who are able and willing to do these things without damaging their cars is slim to none. Some faggot is just going to plug in a cobb tuner into the access port and fuck with the settings because he thinks a richer fuel mixture will get him better hp.

lesbian

>buying new cars

baka

3 series still is. Price on the entry level models will come down once Mexican production starts too.

WRX is slower, but it suddenly becomes faster when Focus RS blows a head gasket and Civic Type R burns a valve.

You wish. All of that just goes straight into BMW's pockets - why did you think they went through the trouble of sinking the capital to build a Mexican plant? Out of the kindness of their hearts?

Even if they were raking in money hand over fist and stood to make even more money from higher sales by dropping the price (which will never be the case), they still won't do it because it ends up devaluing the brand. Why do you think that Mercedes introduced a brand new line (CLA and eventually the GLA) when they wanted to introduce a "sub-$30k Mercedes" instead of just making the C-Class more affordable?

>voiding your warranty

LOL not a problem anymore!

goaprplus.com/#golf_gti

Full warranty provided by APR now on the Stage 1 91 octane low torque tune.

>292 HP
>334 ft/lbs.
>$1100 (tune is normally $700, you are only paying $400 for the warranty)

Good time to have just bought a GTI, glad I didnt drop the extra 10k on a Golf R. I will soon have greater than Golf R power for only $1100 WITH a warranty.

they just expanded it to include any car still under original powertrain warranty and the APR warranty last until your factory powertrain warranty is up.

Cant get this on a subaru, ford or anything. A fucking warranty on a stage 1 tune and it covers all APR hardware AND the DSG/trans (CAI, downpipe, exhaust, etc...).

>New golf r will have the i5
Don't they reserve that for the RS3/TTRS so there's actually a valid reason to buy them over a Golf R?

Mountune do warrantied tunes for Fords here in the UK

You know, I'm surprisingly fine with the RS hate on here. Despite the fact that the head gaskets have already been fixed since some time last year and even modded cars are getting entire new long blocks for free, it brings me much enjoyment that I won't be seeing autistic stickers plastered over one any time soon.

RS's suck. Don't buy one. Thanks.

>in the UK

That fine, but were talking about the US.

US warranties Mountune products through Ford Racing.

>Focus RS is blowing head gaskets and overheating diffs

How is a WRX any different?

I have an RS and already have retarded stickers on mine :)
Even a reindeer outfit for Christmas

The new FA engine is actually pretty good

>can't get this on a ford
performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M4
performanceparts.ford.com/part/2364-215-AA
performanceparts.ford.com/part/2363-280-BA

I saw someone shilling the i30n the other day, looked pretty boyracer friendly other than it being FWD.

>intended for Europe

>CVT

>tfw shitsubishi killed the Evo

>2008 wrx
fuck no. 2008 was literally the worst year for WRXs man. Get something newer or older

i know for the fiesta st you can get a mountune tune under warranty

>80HP more
>awd
>better interior
>better components

yeah, no reason it costs more whatsoever

last note

>thinking the sales guy knows fuckall about the cars he's selling

shame about the torque dip
if they'd just given it a slightly better engine it'd be perfect

hell yeah

>tfw it's so anticipated to be this gen's 240sx that prices will never go down

>cvt

>80HP more

No.... its 62 HP more.

2018 Golf R = 292 HP
2018 GTI = 220 HP (all trims, even S have 220 now standard).

That said, the torque between the engines is similar stock v stock so the R doesnt feel a huge amount faster. Its the AWD that really helps it (especially off the line) more than anything.

For the money a GTI is absolutely the better buy, if best bang for your buck is needed. Otherwise get an R.

check your math, 292-220 is 72

It's literally all they have going for them.

so you're implying subies have good heads?

sounds about like an american car to me user

>Focus RS: blowing head gaskets, overheating diffs
>Civic Type R: crunching 2nd gear, overheating engines

Do people not know how to drive these days? If you actively abuse any mechanical system it will induce failure at a faster rate.

yes, but only because mitsubishi are fucking dogshit and stopped selling the evo.

It doesn't really give boyracer vibes though. I mean in terms of what it can do, sure. But it's too business like visually to really be called a boy racer's car. Even the more Mundane GTi looks more boyracer/hothatch than the R. If only a little.

Granted in my eyes that's not a negative point I like the R more because of that.

o shit

I dunno, you can find 2013 models for 12-15k depending on mileage. A friend of mine managed to haggle a private sale on a 2014 with 60000 miles for 12k right before summer ended. The guy who sold it let it go for lower than it was worth because he didn't want to have to pay to store it for the winter. Keep an eye out after summer is over and you shouldn't have much trouble finding a used one for fairly cheap. That said, I'm not sure who would ever buy a used frs or brz when you can find a decent used 350z with moderate miles for 5k. They are the real used performance bargain right now.

They're sports cars, thats the point.

>manufacturers market these as track cars
>owners actually drive them on track
>they break

N O T F I T F O R P U R P O S E M E L A D

Track day car =/= race car

Lmao. Just get your heads machined

Because the 350z is heavier and also worse in every other way besides the engine. Any 350z at $5000 will also need a fuckload of maintenance items in the near future and will be a constant stream of annoying issues to fix. The FRS/BRZ also has actual, real, usable trunk space for lots of crap on a daily basis.

The youngest 350Z is also now nearly 10 years old - that's a decade's worth of metal fatigue as well. That means the chassis is going to be a lot less rigid than it was when it was new.

What are the odds they were running the same cooling setup on the burgerking?

Itt: people who are mad they didn't buy an R