This 4 door 5000lb sedan is twice as quick as any muscle car and faster than any supercar ever made...

this 4 door 5000lb sedan is twice as quick as any muscle car and faster than any supercar ever made. Within a decade driving will become illegal and self-driving cars/trucks will be the law
We are lucky enough to be living in the absolute best time in automotive history.
Why are you saving for a Tesla?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/M7z_NA0eejQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kys alphonse
Tesla is dead

>why are you saving for a tesla
Uh, im not?

>one max acceleration drag
>battery overheats

Sage

>60-120 in 37 seconds

Tesla is a dead meme

>this whole post

The new roadster is suppossed to be able to do 0-60 in 1.8. Fastest Ive ever heard a car being able to do outside of bullshit like NFS and Forza

Because im poor

>Within a decade driving will become illegal and self-driving cars/trucks will be the law

And this is the biggest joke of all. If it ever happens in America it is at least half a century off, and will be unenforceable outside of the coasts and parts of SE Texas. I drive down private and public roads all the time that no GPS system know about.

bump

>Within a decade driving will become illegal
Well I guess I'm posting as a future felon

>battery overheats
>literally kills the battery
>car is dead

>understeers off a cliff

>production

Go watch some drag week vids bud.Yeah it's impressive for a production vehicle but guys can build quicker and faster cars in their garages.

Cant turn

lol hav you seen a telsa attempt a turn

Always moving the goal posts. The tesla was shit on a track, so you said the drag strip was the only thing that mattered. Now it loses on the drag strip and you want to go back to handling

WHAT possesses y'all to respond to obvious bait? Why not let the shit thread die with zero replies?

>coasts and SE Texas

That's a really specific area that seems unrelated to anything. Why there?

>this 4 door sedan
Are you sure it's as good as that pickup truck with the truckbed attached?

How is that specific? The coastal areas of America along with SE Texas hold the highest population density on average, ergo easier to enforce traffic laws.

is this like the stupid iphone x shilling on /g/?

I mean [massive areas of continental boundaries] and [this one quadrant of this one state].

>inb4 good to have a truck because I hauled some 2x4s once

>mfw you realise Teslas are muscle cars

>excessive power
>pigfat
>incapable of turning
>American

You can't do burnouts in most of them without a bunch of bumblefuckery, Which is un-American.

>You can't do burnouts in most of them without a bunch of bumblefuckery,
don't modern american muscle cars have really aggressive traction control and limiters out the wazoo so they can be sold in California?

It can't carry that speed around corners or reach proper racing speeds, and gets BTFO by a $10k drag build in some fag's garage that goes through engines less frequently than a raced tesla goes through batteries

Wait, really? Can't you just turn traction control off or something? That's boring.

Considering there's a video of a Hellcat doing a burnout through six gears, I doubt it.

youtu.be/M7z_NA0eejQ

Naw. turn off the TC and most RWD's will let you do a burnout. The Demons even comes with a line lock and the califaggots allow that.

>Can't you just turn traction control off or something?
it's modern numale engineering motivated by ipod and google style "just werks" design so probably not but also electric motors don't have very good torque. they have linear torque curves, which is advantageous in many ways, but they don't have as much torque as ICEs

>electric motors don't have very good torque

Don't electric motors have peak torque at 0rpm? I've seen electric cars doing surprisingly impressive burnouts on gravel, so I assumed they'd be good at it.

If I’m not mistaken a lingenfelter C5 was doing 1.8 to 60 around 02-04

"infinite torque" is a meme, they just create linearly more torque instead of it being a curve that tops out before it redlines

you need a lot of energy to get comparable torques to anything hydraulically driven (like an ICE) and as motors spool up they get hotter and get less efficient because that's just how electricity works, hot materials are less conductive and transfer energy less efficiently, and because this is real fukken life a shitass motor is gonna just burn out

compare some shit like your little Dewalt dremel to a worksite pneumatic drill

they still have more torque than an ICE retard

yeah i guess thats why all these hill climbers and bulldozers and warships are electric instead of being gas/diesel engines

Are you retarded or what? Electric motors do have superior torque compared to ICE for the simple reason it's much more efficient to put energy into work.
Your example is kinda autistic as big rigs would need so much batteries that's it isn't feasible currently.
Very large warships are nuclear powered (so are submarines) which in turn power an electric motor, so even if you tried to be smuggy you failed

>this 4 door 5000lb sedan is twice as quick as any muscle car and faster than any supercar ever made
For about 10 seconds until it overheats and goes into limp mode
There's also the problem of not having a supporting infrastructure to support on-the-road charging

>Within a decade driving will become illegal and self-driving cars/trucks will be the law
Absolutley false.

> 5000lb
Jesus