/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UFXqJ--L_Kk
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6ptfj1/why_there_is_no_32bit_build_of_melonds/dkui2rg/
pastebin.com/L3pzjKSh
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/04/nsa-leaking-shadow-brokers-just-dumped-its-most-damaging-release-yet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Play her game.
youtube.com/watch?v=UFXqJ--L_Kk

no fuck off

Some time ago I got a PS4 controller to replace my DS3s for new games. It worked fine and I eventually got a PS4 and decided to pair my new DS4 to my PC. This new controller was recognized as a headset and I fixed that but now my PC won't recognize my old DS4 or my DS3s. It's not that programs won't recognize them but that my PC itself won't recognize them, at least not as controllers. I get the sound that indicates that a device has been recognized but no devices pop up anywhere I might expect it. My old DS4 still works with my PS4 so I can leave that be but I need the DS3s for emulation.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm a little lost here. I've tried all of the standard stuff like resetting the controllers and updating/reinstalling drivers but nothing's working. Sorry if this isn't really appropriate for the thread but this seemed the most likely place to have experience dicking around with connecting controllers to PCs.

>PS2 games have better textures
how did they fuck it so bad

What was your first emulator /emugen/?

ZSNES

The comfiest one

>DS3
Are you using any xinput wrapper?

I don't know if I've played on ZSNES or rew first. I feel like it was rew, though.

Ok, I'm having a weird issue. I finally built a computer that isn't a potato about a month ago, runs great. Been wanting to replay super metroid so I downloaded the rom and finally decided to try out higan after hearing about it since bsnes first came out. Inported it, loaded it up, program freezes. Tried 4 different SM roms. Gave up and decided to download retroarch since it has multiple cores, tried the bsnes and snes9x cores, same thing. Tried snes9x 1.53, same thing. Tried out different games in retroarch, same thing. No idea what to do.

Windows 10
Ryzen 7
Msx ti980
32gb ram

Finally got a good rig and cant even play stuff that runs on a p2. Anyone have any ideas? It runs n64 emulators.

m-mudlord??

Thanks Shitman!

this

I'm not sure, I use SCP and I set it up from direction I found on the internet. If xinput isn't necessarily required for SCP then I'm probably not using it.

Nesticle is art

Okay, I enabled exclusive in the audio config for higan and it started working. Does anyone know how to get higan to save controller inputs and hotkeys? Or game library location?

Try to reinstall it

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6ptfj1/why_there_is_no_32bit_build_of_melonds/dkui2rg/
what a loser this guy is
scaremongering over XP botnets - when the NSA and CIA make rootkits in cooperation with Apple and Google
and MS
that fall in the hands of scriptkiddies

SP must pay for his crimes.

Daniel is so fucking retarded.

This so much.

mudlord did nothing wrong

pastebin.com/L3pzjKSh

Full Log

explain to an emulation scene newfag

butthurt sperglords that don't like that patreon funds can be legitimately spent however they want

>or MS supplying rootkits to the NSA/CIA
Daniel needs to take his meds and take off the tinfoil hat. If there were built in backdoors, the NSA/CIA wouldn't be spending millions finding bugs as we can see from all the leaks.

wtf If you don't like it just don't donate.

Juan got me right there at the end.

I'm sure a lot of the people donating to the RETROARCH patreon don't realize that Daniel is spending it all on TVs and PS4s.

In what else he should spend? Doritos and coffee to fuel his wasted nights coding?

duh, but this is Veeky Forums. nothing makes sense. notice nobody is yelling about cemu making >20x more money than SP, because they ignore Veeky Forums, while SP routinely posts here and gets very angry all the time (and abuses/harrasses his own devs) so he's an easy target, he keeps enabling his own abuse by the sperglords

No one fucking cares.

It's like you guys are intentionally trying to summon him here.

Go find something else to talk about besides e-celeb garbage.

The Cemu patreon exists to fund the devs so they can work on the emulator fulltime. They can spend it on whatever they want. The retroarch patreon is supposed to all go towards improving that, but Daniel just pockets it all.

Because there's zero proof that is happening?

Time from posting log to SP response: 29 min.

nigga, it's his money not yours

all patreons can spend the money however they want. even if he were pocketing it (which I doubt, show me any proof that it's used for non-dev purposes) there's nothing against that in the policy, just don't donate if you expect something out of the money.

That's the biggest crock of bullshit I've ever read.

Go suck off Cemu some more, Geezus.

>this
i dislike danny as much as the next faggot, but fuck off with this you spergs. There are *real* scumbags who milk our society more than that pathetiic basement-boy ever could. fret over them. you only thicken his skin and compel him to rant like a douche instead of refactoring or whatever the fuck he does.

like I said, he keeps enabling his own abuse:

4ch is already busy shitposting
‘SP needs to take his meds, NSA/CIA don’t have Windows 10 backdoors!'
now who exactly needs to take meds here?
go do a google search idiot
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/04/nsa-leaking-shadow-brokers-just-dumped-its-most-damaging-release-yet/
maybe they should actually read up on stuff in the world for once
instead of buying Veeky Forums gold passes so they can shitpost more effectively without having to click on boxes to identify a bunch of cars or street signs
that hiroshima dude/moot sure is pulling a fast con on these guys

if he ignored Veeky Forums maybe he wouldn't get so worked up and lash out against other people

I'm not SP. I'm tired of hearing about every fart he makes on IRC in this thread.

Fuck off.

SP sympathiser detected. We will burn you along with him.

Only SP would deny being SP. GIVE BACK THAT PS4 AND TV NOW!!!!!!!!

20:38 that entire 4ch emugen sewerfest
20:38 when they aren't talking about me
20:38 their chan dies
20:38 I literally keep them alive
20:38 so maybeif we stop talking about them
20:38 they finally die
20:38 let's try doing that instead
20:38 I am part of the problem by mentioning the

No more "Daily Hate Hour by Samefagger Daniel"?

> ‘SP needs to take his meds, NSA/CIA don’t have Windows 10 backdoors!'
That's not what I said, retard. Take your fucking meds.

You did say it. Just to have the opposite opinion from SP. Good even if what he says is correct we must oppose him on everything.

FUCK OFF REDDIT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

u don't understand
i need him

desu, who gives a shit what 4ch doesn't or does not post? that is at the very bottom of the list of things worth talking about...

Daniel does

>need
>retroshit
Well meme'd buddy

>we should stop talking about Veeky Forums now
>keeps talking about Veeky Forums

This is how it starts. SP will take this as a personal attack and kick him from IRC. Many such cases.

>milhouse
>REEEEEE
kill yourself

milhouse is the best meme, retard

thanks shitman

>It's like you guys are intentionally trying to summon him here.

That's the plan

t.b.h. it's probably hard to ignore it when you know people are stalking you and harassing you on here...

however he should only vent about it on channels not compromised by trolls

>however he should only vent about it on channels not compromised by trolls
>not knowing his true agenda
top kek

Somehow I came across this before using ZSNES

NO$GMB.

Really like the OP pic

Thanks god I'm not an emudev

Is there a way to autoload cheats on RA? Or load them from the command line?

What's wrong with taking XP on the internet if it's still patched?

Notice me senpai.

My first emulator was SNES9x, but I came to the game relatively late due to the effects of propaganda.

Anyone have a screenshot of zsnes dos gui before the famous snow one?
I remember that it was a blue box on the left top corner of the screen, i finish super metroid on it, had to edit a config file to enable transparency and everything.

There is nothing wrong if you are using POS, you are just a retard for doing it

I'm sorry for reaching that conclusion, but it's not my problem either, and I prefer instead we leave this discussion at that. I see no further use in this discussion when you have deliberate blinders on.

As for the whole 'botnet' thing, nearly every mobile phone out there plays host to a truckload of userland botnets. One such 'botnet' SDK, called Luminati SDK, is even being installed into programs by app makers just to make money. So while you rant and rave about some prolific XP botnet putting us all at risk, you fail to realize that this isn't the '90s or even '00s anymore and most of the botnets have shifted to Internet of Things and mobile, and honestly, you are a day late and a dollar short there if you think you can do anything about it. Money talks these days, moral integrity is rapidly becoming a scarce currency, and if an app maker can make some money installing a botnet, guess how many people would reject it based on principle? You can count the amount of people on one hand, one of them being me, who rejected just such an offer for RetroArch on the Play Store. I am willing to bet a fair few other devs would have not and would have happily thrown it in.

So, honestly, what are you even concern trolling about? Some old desktop PC running Windows XP is like the least of your concerns vs. millions and billions of smartphones running some nefarious botnet from within the confines of a userland app. Gain some perspective here.

Thanks for coming back, Daniel.

You can get the POS updates on regular XP.
I don't think it's that retarded if you don't run any bullshit software.

Actually, I agree with . I don't own a smartphone for this very reason. No, not even an iPhone.

:(

AFAIK, Daniel owns few Android and Apple smartphones so as usual he doesn't follow own words.

>assuming Daniel in thread, as usual

We don't all have your particular delusion, user.

Right, right, I forgot, he only reads Veeky Forums, sorry, today stopped doing even that, never wrote anything here. No proofs.

There's a difference between having phones for testing your software on and actively using them for social media.

>one of them being me, who rejected just such an offer for RetroArch on the Play Store.
Not Daniel? Rejected in favour of 'gold version', right?

>citra can play yo-kai watch sangokushi at full fps
neat

What the hell are you talking about?...Who the hell are you even talking *to* , for that matter?

That's a copypaste from Reddit, you mongoloid.

/emugen/ - Squarepusher General

thanks shitman

Fuck me, leddit.

BlastEm is now a recc'ed MD emulator on the /emugen/ wiki.

Fuck me. I come here once a week to help people with issues and have a sensible chuckle but you cunts are all jerking off over IRC logs and emudrama.

ave un m8

The NES page on the wiki was edited for clarity and flow.

Should I just start reporting the posts? I was hoping to avoid bringing in any unwanted attention from upper management...

Doesn't do shit.
I report the posts whenever I see them but the janitors are busy jerking off in LoL threads.

So I get stuttering in SNES games. This happens in every SNES emulator I've used. It happened in Mgba as well, but I fixed it by enabling sync to video.

Unfortunately SNES emulators don't have that option. So is there anything else I can do?

They seem eager enough to remove moochposts...

The fact it disappeared when you enabled that option tells me you (for whatever reason) have a troublesome vsync problem. Probably some hardware-monitor specific hiccup. RetroArch may actually be a good fit in that situation.

I'd give it a go, if you haven't already.

Nope, as I said, it happens in every SNES emulator. Including Retroarch with Bsnes balanced.

Don't use balanced, use the bsnes-accuracy

Does a drastic crack exist?

OS?