I crashed and sold my cbr125. Sold for $1,000 and the old lady that cut me off doing a left turn gave me $2...

I crashed and sold my cbr125. Sold for $1,000 and the old lady that cut me off doing a left turn gave me $2,300 to avoid an insurance claim. That's $3,300 I can work with.

I just turned 23 and debating whether I should wait till Im 25 and just get a gixxer750 (or any other >600 class bike) or get another small bike and play with that till I save up enough $$

Sounds like a long wait. I'd grab something cheap and throw the rest into a savings account.

Just buy another small displacement cuck bike until your shit tier government let's you buy a bike that goes faster than 45mph.

>Huuuur huuuuur cuck
you do realise that the reason people buy 125s is because you can ride them without a motorcycle licence you mouth breathing mongrel?

Shit tier government? Sounds like an ausfag thing. You an ausfag OP? Damn, shit restrictions are terrible here I know.

>savings account
Might as well just put it in a safe bolted to the floor under your bed or something

Oh, did I touch a nerve?

Most EU countries have some pretty harsh restrictions on what you can ride. Don't want people having the freedom to make choices about their own personal safety and all.

Terrible here too. You have to fuck around getting your full unrestricted car license for 4 years here before you can even learn to ride a motorcycle, then its a year of that, before you can ride a

Yea, straya cunts have it rough when it comes to vehicles. Does all that shit even have an impact on accidents? Last I remember it really didn't.

an a2 level bike is more than enough for commuting and teaches you how to actually ride.

Ever since they started with those learner logbooks and the hours requirements back about 10 years ago apparently young death rates have been falling or something so they are impressed and pleased with it.

I dunno. Thats one of the reasons I dont have a license. All the shit you got to go through to get one. Its just not worth it.

Not true here in Canada. In fact, most unlicensed riders here ride >1000cc class bikes because they cant afford insurance. I thought about doing that myself, however after being involved in a collision Ive decided not to take that risk anymore.

Right now, I'm leaning towards an R3 or cbr250 with a big bore kit for the next 2-3 summer seasons till I can afford insurance for a bigger bike.

too bad cbr250rr never made it to Canada

>the reason people buy 125s is because you can ride them without a motorcycle licence
Damn, sounds like a sweet deal you yanks have got going. Why ever bother with a license then?

if I were you I would save up some extra cash and go for the new ninja 400 abs.

if you don't give a fuck about fairings and revving but care about insurance you could opt for the w800 or a bonnie.

this is how we roll cunts.
im like the virus when you catch me there is no cure.........

I heard about the Ninja 400 being a thing in East Asia. I wasnt aware they were bringing them to North America.

It looks nice but might suffer the same fate gsx250r suffered. Entry level motorcycle priced at >$5000. Might as well go for a used ex300 abs.

I'm a bong. You bother with a licence because

>125s are slow as fuck
>125s are overpriced and shittier than bigger bikes
>Have to put an L on your bike
>Can't take passengers
>Can't use motorways / highways

But I've been riding on an L plate for years because I'm too lazy to get a licence. not sure how laws work in other Yuro countries.

I dont think 125s are overpeiced, unless you buy new. You can easily find a used one for $1,200. I got lucky and bought one for $300, ended up $800 after body repairs.

I used to ride my 125 on the highway and it can definitely do it, but the experience is pretty shit. Taking passengers does suck ass on a 125 tho.

>AM at 15
50cc scooters, most common, kids later just get a car license at 18 and are done with anything on 2 wheels

OR

>A1 at 16
125cc & 11kW bikes
>A2 at 18
35kW bikes with 0,2kW/kg
or anything up to 70kW, restricted down to 35kW
>A at 20
ride anything

Extra note: upgrades from A1 to A2 to A can be done within 2 years. When you do the upgrade, you need to do half the driving hpurs you'd normally do.

If you want to straight to the A, you can only do it at 24. Yes, it postpones for 8 years.

tl;dr WHO THE FUCKING FUCK CAME UP WITH THIS BULLSHIT, I ALREADY BLEW 3K ON DOING MY LICENSES FUUUUUUUUCK EVERYBODY JUST RESTRICTS 600 AND DERESTRICTS THEM LATER REEEEEEEE

They are also adding more and more stuff you need to do. They now recently made obligatory safety courses for A2 and A, that you need to take, otherwise you can kiss that 800€ license YOU did and paid for goodbye.

Also that course costs 125€. Fucking communist bastards.

The Germans came up with this bullshit. Wherever there is autism a German is there. Before the EU "improved" our system you passed a bike test on a 125 at 17 and then you ride anything. My friend is a year older than me and passed before the EU ruined everything. I just hope brexit unfucks this.

Here in bongland you can choose

>1000 bongs - a half reasonable used 125 that isn't Chinese, has rear drum brakes and 10hp, might last 50k miles, or a new Chinese 125 that will be unreliable and probably fall apart within a couple of years.

>1000 bongs - a decent 600cc biku made in nippon - will last at least 100k miles

i got a chinkshit ,when it comes to reliability this shit will run,the problem is the quality is niggertier,the plastics are surprisingly decent but the brakes/tyres etc are garbage esp on wet for 1.3k brand new its a decent deal if you want new only but the best would be to get a used crypton X (problem is kids beat em a fuck ton usually) thats relatively well kept
or you know get a proper fucking bike if you can afford it...licensing sucks massive dick tho...need to do A2-A test this spring and i dont want to go pay and go thru this BS again as someone thats working a minimum of 60 hour weeks ,most of em at night

>licensing sucks massive dick

naw its you who sucks massive dick

ive already been thru this shit,at this point its straight up jewing me of time and money