Bought a Red Bone stock 1987 Celica GT recently for 2k...

Bought a Red Bone stock 1987 Celica GT recently for 2k. 2 questions did I do good and what could I do looks and performance wise. P.S. I am not a ricer.

Looks pretty good

The gen before would have been better since most in the US had a 22re and there's a good amount of aftermarket in cams and stuff and it's RWD. What motor do you have? if it's the 3sge maybe you can try picking up cheap stock MR2 turbo parts. Plus I'm sure there's cool cams and stuff.
Coilovers will probably give you the most speed for the money, excluding tires, though.

keep it mostly stock

This at least cosmetics

If you want SUBTELLE aesthetics, get some of the badass Raybrig headlights. Other than that it honestly looks like it belongs on the wheels it's on but you can always find something that looks better to you.

This is currently my dash

Heh u remind me of my cuz

>performance
something something suspension or good tires
>looks
new wheels

I'll look into some coilovers once when I get my struts changed

3SGE swap

Would this work for my 87

3sgte gen 4+

Turbo swap

Op get bc coilovers and decent 9" rims of they fit don't skimp on suspention or brakes either.

Is it auto or manual? Get a short shifter and or shiftkit

3SFE

Automatic

Turpo

My condolences

Change the fluids asap get good dot4+ rated stuff.

Look into a big cooler and bypass as well as deep pan

My first car was an 87' Celica GT-S... was a POS but got me around for a year and was fun to drive... never really modded it because I didn't have the cash at the time lol.

My favorite "mod" to do at the time was stopping the headlights from going down halfway to give it the "sleepy eye" look lmao, I was lame.

Paid $500 for mine by the way, then sold it a year later for $1000 after I bought this Kouki.

>questions did I do good and what could I do looks and performance wise
no and sell it and buy a gt4

Currently having an issue with the car losing power after driving for a good while working on getting it looked at but for the moment I'm having to pull over when the car starts to die wait a few minutes then drive again till it happens again

Probably an intake leak or exhaust issue causing it to choke out. Barring high temps check your thermostat. ground connections, and battery.

>automatic toyota celica that isn't a GT Four/All Trac
>wants to modify it performance wise

lol

I would kill for an all Trac but good luck finding one where I live and for even near the price I paid for this one

Me and my neighbor think it's the fuel pump

you're a ricer