I'm about to sign a lease for a brz, should I go for an automatic or a manual one?

I'm about to sign a lease for a brz, should I go for an automatic or a manual one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Autotragic
>Boring
>Over a second slower to 60

Manual
>Fun
>Literally faster to shift than the autotragic

What's the point of buying a sports car if it's not fun?

auto imho. manuals are slow and outdated

Definitely the automatic. What is this 1997?

auto

>lease
Why would you lease a car where half the point is modding it with the huge aftermarket support?

low quality b8

>implying this whole thread isn't bait

I've never even seen an auto BRZ/86 before

What the fuck is even the point of the automatic then? For people that can't shift?

That's literally been the whole point of automatics. For decades they've always been behind the manuals in quantity of speeds, quickness of acceleration, and fuel economy. You were paying for convenience, not performance. Only in this decade have automatics actually surpassed manuals, because car companies realized that they needed to innovate if they wanted people to buy their cars.

people who want to sit in stop and go traffic for hours and people who can't use a clutch

Gr8 b8 m8

>I'm about to sign a lease for a brz
KEK

>hmmm let's see we've got a rapid influx of shitty Brz bait threads
>clearly this isn't one of them, better post in it!

This.
It's a tuners car built for tuners.
That's why they gave it an open deck block, a high static compression ratio, an un modifiable fuel system and no turbo.

and a shitty subaru boxer engine

if you're really going to lease it then get auto. It will discourage you from adding stupid shit to it and wrapping it around a tree. That way when the lease is up you're not paying for a car you don't have.

>for people who can't shift
yes. there have always ALWAYS been people who cannot figure out a manual transmission or find it too annoying to do so.

When they first came out it was a gee wizz thing. The premium for an automatic car lead people to keep buying manual unless they were loaded. So your neighbor got a 3 speed auto for exclusivity and neato-ness but someone with a 4 speed manual of the time will be faster. Fast forward to the late 80's or so and autos are becoming cheaper. They're still more expensive than the manual option but no longer out of the reach of the middle class. So they're getting more exposure and everyone starts to know someone with an auto and begins to see the convenience of a auto shifter. It's still a bit of a luxury but something the average person would consider. Also gas was still pretty cheap and the higher fuel consumption of an auto was an after thought. Fast forward some more and most cars on the road are manual. New car dealers stock a majority of auto cars in base trim to make them more accessible. FF some more and most kids get a hand me down auto as their first car. Schools don't teach manual in drivers ed. anymore. And the manual is seen as a bare bones "poorfag" option to a majority of people, of which see a car as an appliance.

FF to a few years ago. Beyond enthusiasts, the manual was still popular to people who value mpg. The manual would net constantly and noticeably better mileage than the auto. Until now where it parodies or gets better than the manual. So for people who need an appliance, an auto shit box is more than affordable to most and cheap on gas. The manual is now for fun while still being cheaper, faster (unless you're paying big money) and more reliable.

Kek. So true. It's not a tuners car at all. People should stop parroting that bullshit. It's built to be exactly as it is. A low power entry level sports car.

>yeah bro, the 240sx isn't a tuner car at all, it came with some shitty single cam truck engine, who wants to tune that??????/??????

fucking retard

It became a tuners car, it was never DESIGNED to be a tuners car. Retarded child.

Automatic so you can get walked by minivans

Ooooo! Somethings touched a nerve

lease a rope and hang yourself you retard

The manual toyobaru is literally quicker than the auto version though.....

disinfo. manuals shift slower than autos

see Why are you clinging onto this notion? Are you thinking of dual clutch transmissions or something?

He's thinking of a good auto trans like a 6L80 or 6L90
The auto trans in the GT86/BRZ is total trash

you can't change gears faster than an auto does. 0-60 is irrelevant because of different gearings and how meticulous the testing was. automatics will always be faster than manual because you can't switch faster than a computer does

end of story.

OP never addressed one post, you idiots always take the bait

ok but if the gearing is shit it doesnt matter how fast it shifts

op here. there is nothing to adress

Let it be known how much a faggot you are making this poor bait

Even these days the only reason autos get better fuel economy is cause most of them shift way too early

>Implying the aftermarket for the 86 isn't already massive with plenty of reliable FI options readily available

I'm about to post a troll thread, should it be auto vs manual or frs/brz?

Veloster

Automatic

It's literally more than an entire second difference in 0-60, stop being retarded

irrelevant due to different gearing

>1 sec is a lot
lol. manuals are just slower

Why the fuck would you ask Veeky Forums?

Why would you bump this obvious bait

Always a manual. It is literally more fun driving a manual.

The car is literally an entire second slower to 60 how is that irrelevant? Is this bait?

Oh, yeah, yeah. Veloster.

Man a guy down the road has one of those and it's butt ugly. Then again it is a Hyundai.

this

If you get an autotragic i hope you get your lisence suspended.

Autotragics are only faster than manuals in super cars like lamborghinis & ferarris. Cars that also have powerful engines as well.

Having full manipulation over the clutch and gears is master race tier.

Autotragic is for sad little desk racer faggots and bro truck micro peens.

Also a clutch in a stock brz isnt going to be heavy. If you cant just pop it into 1st in slow traffic and just let the idol push you along without riding the clutch like a little bitch than you shouldn’t even be allowed to drive outside of an amusment park ride.

Not implying. Stating fact

There's four types of transmission. The manual, which depends on a physical clutch, the hydraulic automatic, the CVT, and the DCT. Hydraulic and CVTs are slower than a manual, and it only takes a DCT to beat them, which is, SURPRISE, two manual gearboxes that are computer controlled. Whodathunk that 12 gears would be faster than 6?

Faster than your Toyobaru faggots.
youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis

My assumption is that if you’re buying a performance/enthusiast vehicle, your resale will be way better with a manual, while with a normiemohile you’ll get much better resale with an automatic. Am I wrong?

I.e. I’m guessing a manual Miata or M3 or Wrangler or whatever will be much more coveted, while a manual Camry or Explorer or whatever will be hard to sell.

Theoretically, a super-human driver with a fully-manual would be faster than a DCT because they’d be lighter, no?

It doesn't matter, you will still be slower than a minivan

Manual

I have the manual and it's pretty dope. It's also the car I learned to drive stick on, gave me no problems

It is known.