What's the point of a v8 if a v6 delivers more power with way less weight?

what's the point of a v8 if a v6 delivers more power with way less weight?

ever felt lag ploughing through snow?
V8's don't have that, and I had to use wipers to see when it wasn't snowing, if you get my drift

but v6s don't have lag? v8s are more susceptible to lag because you need larger turbos to fit on a v8.

large turbos need to spool and thus they lag more than smaller ones

i live in montreal and rarely see trucks not slide all over the fucking place in snow while all the little i4 and v6 econoboxes have a generally easy time of it once they're out of their parking spots

shit dude i was helping some dude at work deliver some stuff in the company van and it literally couldn't get up the driveway to our garage because there was a tiny patch of ice with a clump of snow. it would just spin that one tire uselessly, he had to advance and fucking ramp it to get the van back in the garage. truly a pathetic vehicle. an E150 or 250 van btw

V8s can deliver even more power for a negligible increase in weight, especially lower displacement, high revving V8s

>v8 need big turbo XD
Wrong.

What's the point of shitting up the board with pointless v8 vs v6 threads when we all know the i6 is the true patrician's choice?

>this thread again

because RWD + no weight over the drive wheels whatsoever

>this mad again

>This thread again

>the i6
t-too big

Who is he?

Asking for a friend.

not an argument
reverse search it

Trucks need quite a bit of weight in the bed for traction. Most guys also run their rock hard aggressive tires at 80psi which doesn't help. Even vans have relatively no weight over the rear and will spin and get stuck without a locking diff unless they have good winter tires which work vans rarely have.

What's the point of making this thread every day?

watching gm fangirls sperg out on command
he literally broke their brains

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

>:)

For you.

What V6 delivers more power than v8? oh right, none

3.5 Ecoboost

>Ford 3.5l EcoBoost V6
>700+hp, 449lbs

>gm lt4 supercharged pushrod v8
>650hp, 650lbs

it would be EXTREMELY painful

>>gm
theres your problem

gm btfo

Why do V6's even exist when an inline six is a way better, more reliable, better balanced, easier to fix platform and a V8 offers all the low end torque you need for a vehicle used for towing and hauling?

because an inline six is like nine hundred thousand feet long and some people like seeing the road in front of them instead of a bonnet that extends to the horizon

>comparing the most of a super tuned twin turbo V6 that's so high compression it's no longer a daily driver

>to a basic torque monster supercharged crate engine you can order tonight and drive every day

k

>that dildo
boner killer. this is why i like white guys. they have smaller dicks that are a perfect fit for the anus. Big dicks are grotesque.

Yeah, that's a positive. Who wants to drive a rounded vehicle with tiny fenders and a massive cab?

whatever nigga i'll be over here fondling and licking horses. i'll do twice as many to make up for your share

Doesn't make much of a difference on cars to be honest, and for parking I'd rather see where my car ends instead of having an invisible slope in front of the windshield. Visibility is more of an issue with semi trucks.

different strokes my nigga

>but v6s don't have lag? v8s are more susceptible to lag because you need larger turbos to fit on a v8.

V8s don't need a turbo to make v6 power, v6s need a turbo to make v8 power. Seems to me at the same power levels the v6 would lag more because requires a turbo.

Who is HE?

Just tell me faggot. You want us to look at your gayboys so just tell us.

@rjportales

Robert portales. do it yourself next time faggot

bump

Holy fucking shit you morons. Its been like a year of this. Is this y'alls's first day here? Don't respond to bait. This is obvious bait. It's simple.

stay mad

wrong

In addition, if striving for the same power levels with a turbo v6 and a turbo v8 (given the same generation of technology of course), the v6 will need more boost, hence bigger turbos and more lag. V6 would also be more stressed as its hp/cyl would need to be much higher.

V8s might be heavier than v6s or 2 R4s combined, but boi do they sound good

To add to that, why do V8s even exist when inline 6s are better
>Muh torques
But trucks use 6s and they have more torque than any V8 car engine
The answer can only be the sexy noise and nothing else.

XJs look so odd without the roof rails.