1992 Foxbody

I recently bought a 1992 Foxbody LX for $3,400. Verified the mileage at 120k. Engine runs great, shifts great, and body and interior is good. How did I do and what tasteful modifications can I make?

>Mullet
>SBC swap
>???
>Rage

>Mullet
Growing that puppy now.

Keep it stock. It looks good the way it is.

I do really like the looks of the car stock. However, it lacks the certain “oomph” I want. Probably will just end up doing a typical H/C/I engine build while leaving the exterior mostly factory.

Now go Google the foxbody 350 swap, the rage generated by it could charge a Tesla in a few minutes

It’s the unholiest of sins.

the only correct answer in 2018.

>hahaha look at me I'm making people mad ! Look at me ! Look at me please !
Congratulations, you have my dream car. Exact same year, same color. Keep the exterior stock and take the time to get used to it before modding.

Yeah it’s my dream car as well. Been searching for over a year for an unmolested Foxbody with a color other than black. When I bought it (back in Aug) it had stock engine, Flowmaster mufflers, and Corbeau seats. Now I’ve installed a BBK O/R X pipe, hurst shifter and replaced some worn out parts. Best car I’ve owned so far.

You did good OP. Body looks straight, love the wheels and the color. I'd drive it around a bit to get a feel for the performance. I'd also recommend some simple bolt-on mods if you want to keep that stock look (which i think you should) and give it some extra go. Maybe do some suspension work further down

Full length subframe connectors
AFR 175cc heads
203/212 @.050 duration cam with .550 total lift
Enjoy it forever

I’ll probably keep it stock for the most part. I just have to make it look less tired.

Nice job user.

Tasteful mods depend on what your end game is. You wanna nice cruiser? Want a bracket racer? Want a autocross car? Want a street car?

If you want a stock Foxbody but want a little extra umph, I'd recommend changing the stock 2:73 rear end to something like a 3:73. It will make a noticeable difference and make the car feel like it has a 50 more horsepower.

I'd also recommend full length subframe connectors. Maximum Motorsport is kind of the industry standard for Foxbodys and I'd install a full length set immediately. They stiffen the uni body and are a massive improvement for all types of driving.

I'm building my crusty 88 GT into a semi-vintage, Group A inspired road racer. Not a full blown track car, but a great handling street car that will occasionally be taken onto a road course.

Mainly a street car. It’s not my daily so it doesn’t have to be comfy. But subframe connectors are definitely on the list. Right now, I’m gonna weed out some minor imperfections with the engine. Like right now it runs a bit rich and I need to replace the PS pump and deal with a few codes. After that, I’ll start building the engine. I had a 5.0 SN before this, I built the engine before fixing stuff and one thing led to another.

sell it & buy a Subaru

Neat OP. Best order for sikk mawds on these cars goes
>shifter
>gears
>exhaust
>subframe connectors
>intake

then if you just want to go fast without opening the block up you get a plate and put a 100-150 shot through it, it'll last forever long as you don't get greedy with the timing and keep good fuel in it

>sbc swap

He wants to have it run and drive though user

Look into some of the stuff that Griggs carries if you really want it to handle well enough for a track day

As a ford fanatic, I dont have an issue with this- other than its pointless.
I can make more power with a SBC than a SBC for the same cost.
But I can make more power with the sbf than I can with the SBC if I'm not poor.

BTW, how do you like having a ford 9" in everything?
AFR makes a 165, 185 and 205.
185 with 58 CC chambers and strip port is his best option .
And that cam duration is weak, plus you didn't specify the lobe step.

OP, walk away from here and goto corral.net.

>*I can make more power with a SBC than a SBF for the same cost.
Fucking autocorrect actually changes that shit, its a conspiracy...

It's going to make peak torque at 3000 and peak hp at 5000. Do you think op is building some kind of race car? I would grind it at 108 but the difference between 101 degrees and 113 degrees is usually 8 hp

Fuck the haters, OP. Fox bodies are coming back.

$3,400 for 120k is great if the body is in good shape (not rusted out, trashed, etc).

Tasteful mods? My advice, keep it as stock as possible, clean up the engine bay, make it look showroom-new. Keep it clean.

The value of good Fox-bodies is starting to climb rapidly.

>Value of fox bodies is starting to climb
Yeah I’m glad I was able to buy one at a fair price given the condition of the car.

These cars are not great stock. While a lot are boomered, tasteful exterior mods do exist and uncorking the engine is always a good idea.