Buying a new Tacoma, should I get auto or manual? It will be my only vehicle, driving for errands and freeway...

Buying a new Tacoma, should I get auto or manual? It will be my only vehicle, driving for errands and freeway, maybe off roading once or twice a year. Should I get auto or manual? Never owned a truck before, previous cars includes audi and civic.

No one I know that has a current gen Tacoma (or even test driven one) has liked the automatic transmission that comes with it. It makes the engine seem anemic, it downshifts randomly and has a pretty decent delay when you want it to actually downshift.

The manual has been said to solve a lot of the engine/drivability concerns. If it is an option for you I would definitely consider it.

>driving for errands and freeway, maybe off roading once or twice a year

Just get an suv

I like to eat and multi tasks while I drive though.

Why are you even considering a manual then?

You probably shouldn't multitask when driving anyway

I drive to listen to my fave podcasts and make up reasons to go from LA to Portland for example, road food is my therapy.

Why are you asking a bunch of strangers on the internet about what you want?

>drum brakes

Drum is where the fuck its at

Contrary to Veeky Forums popular opinion, I'd go with an automatic in a pickup used for daily driving, especially if you live in an area with heavy traffic.

Besides, a modern automatic is much easier for off road use if you're rock crawling or mudding. Torque converters help a lot there.

I think the higher trim packages for the new Tacomas don't have manuals available anyway. I think the only way you can get a manual anymore is to get the base model which is rather shit.

Get the manual

And if you get the base model you can't get the elockers or any of the other goodies from the off road package.

Exactly. I think it even sticks you with the base model 4 cylinder engine. Fuck that.

The 6 speed manual is available in the TRD pro as well, which is a higher trim off road package. Its just below the TRD pro

>TRD pro which is a higher trim off road package. Its just below the TRD pro
What?

>wanting pigfat electronics
Nigga I just want lockers and skid plates

You literally cannot get a single cab, shortbed, with the v6 manual and trd off road

TRD sport> TRD offroad> TRD pro
These trims have a manual trans and 4x4

This is totally wrong

Have you honestly even driven the latest gen Tacoma, or are you comparing this to your 3k civic?

It's so god awful that I am pointing it out despite this being a thinly veiled troll thread.

All of the trims are available in a Tacoma. The only configuration that you can't get it in is crew cab long bed. With you even questioning that reinforces my point that you don't really have any idea what you are talking about.

I dont want to pay $50k for the top TRD Pro trim. I just want the base trim with crew cab and 4x4.

If I could get base 4x4 and e lockers for 25k I'd suck so much dick

But no, gotta add on a 10k package

get a manual

That shouldn't matter unless you are running into a stop sign every block.

The new version of the 3.5 in the late model Tacos is a time bomb anyways (valve train durability issues), get a 4 cyl and cool your fucking jets.