All of a sudden there is no windshield washer fluid coming out at the windshield...

All of a sudden there is no windshield washer fluid coming out at the windshield. The container for the fluid was almost empty so I filled it today, and still no fluid sprays out at the windshield. It is spraying on the front lights though. I didn't notice that before but maybe it always sprayed on the lights and I just didn't see it for all the spray on the windshield. What might be causing this?

cracked reservoir

Why does anyone even use these? I have never touched mine and whenever I see someone else use them it seems to just make the problem worse.

de icer is a thing

What? Then how do you clean your windshield? It gets dirty where I live, sometimes really fast. During the summer I rarely use it but during the winter I think it's indispensable. Do you live in a place that's always warm?

Can you hear the washer fluid motor when you activate it?

>bird shits on your windshield
>no time to clean it properly
>use wiper fluid so you can see for the time being
>wash it properly later

If it's spraying for the headlights the pump is working. Your hood nozzles are either clogged or frozen, or the line to your nozzles is broken. Nozzles take a 12 year old to change and are about 2 bucks a piece. Before buying them to see if those are the issue, trace the hose from the reservoir to your hood hinge>hood or into the cowl vent and see if you have any ruptures or cracks.

Going to check tomorrow. Probably yes because it's spraying A LOT on the front lights. It actually sprays so much on the lights that if you spray 3 or 4 times you can get a decent amount on the windshield. That's a waste of fluid though as most of it doesn't hit the windshield. But I'm going to check if you can hear the motor after it's finished spraying on the lights, because on the lights it only sprays like half a second, whereas I think on the windshield it sprayed as long as you pressed the stick.

ok thanks

You need to prime the pump again. Have a friend operate the sprayer while you suck on the nozzle.

What did you put in it, how cold has it been and when was the last time you know it worked?

Depends on design.
Some cars use 2 pumps drawing from the same reservoir. One pump for the windshield, one pump for the headlights.

First check under the hood and make sure the lines from the nozzles aren't unplugged. The nozzles for your windshield could be clogged. Easiest fix is to stick a pin in the hole. If that doesn't fix it, remove the nozzle and blow through the bottom, and/or soak it. This is easier said than done as some nozzles snap into the hood like a body clip others require the windshield cowl to be removed.

Try the simplest solution then if all else fails you should try to locate the windshield washer pump(s). Have someone in the car activate the windshield washer fluid nozzles and listen if the pump is working.

Depending on design the inner fender liner may have to be removed to access the pump and/or the undershield. Either way it's not very fun.

Put washer fluid in it, it was about 5 degrees Celsius today so not freezing. I don't know when I used it last time, maybe a few weeks ago.

ok thanks

you probably filled the wrong tank. you did put it in the radiator, right?

lol

clogged nozzle/pipe

>mud
>dirt
>bugs
>pollen
>bird shit

You literally have none of those?

is it freezing in the sprayer?

My first thought, either OP has fluid not rated for the temp in his area, or he burned up the pump motor.

are you using winter anti-freezing windshield washer fluid?
regular windshield washer fluid will just freeze up