>>18413912

I can't think of any i6 cars besides expensive unobtainable german shit and AMC based Jeeps

Old Ferd trucks anat

Oh and Volvo did a transverse I6. Maybe it still does. But fuck having the engine in the wrong direction.

Then there are some rice burners. Supra comes to mind as an iconic example.

where you from user?

Get a barra turbo or vortech 4200 imported

Later Jeeps had an i6 as well. Volvo and I believe Saab also had them. Now for trucks... tons of i6's exist from just about every major manufacturer

Fun fact, the backup generator at work is an i6 Detroit Diesel

Ford used different i6 in passenger cars up until late 70s and early 80's. In pickups and broncos right up till 1996

You can buy a bmw beater with an inline six for like $500-1000

Saw a '90 Dodge Turbo Diesel which was an i6 today at my work

GM used i6 in australia, south america and europe
>barra
>a 4.1 i6 it they put into everything, later getting lotus to improve it
>opel omega, later lotus carlton, had a 3.0 i6
AND a shitton of jap cars
>skyline gtr
>supra

Muh Cummins. They still use i6 6.7 Cummins in brand new dodge trucks

It was rwd in the 960.

>lotus carlton, had a 3.0 i6
the Lotus Carlton was a 3.6l I think, but yeah

Oh das rite. I forgot about the older Volvo I6s mounted the right way. Those things were tanks.

Chebby trailblazer (the last gen) used the vortech 4200/LL8, the last American I6 gas engine.

>expensive unobtainable german shit
Every other BMW or Mercedes has an I6 engine because everyone in europe is too poor to buy the V8 ones

bmw's aren't that expensive in america too my buddy bought a decent 3 series with a sweet sounding 2.8 liter inline 6 for less than $2k

Anything that’s pre 1970something ford and doesn’t have a performance package.

My Falcon has a 170 straight six and let me tell you, even with the weakest engine she sounds like pure sex.

2jz
1jz
Ford 300 4.9l

My first car, since then I’ve only driven rwd I6 cars. It’s something of an infatuation.

You can get a 528/530 pretty cheap and they’re very solid cars. Lovely to drive.

They lose value quickly because maintenance is a pain and parts are expensive(inexistent aftermarket means you often need to buy OEM from a stealership)

E36 328is is cheap as fuck
Or a Lexus IS300

nothing expensive about a 20 year old BMW.
parts can be found in every junkyard and everything is simple enough to do it yourself.

Supras

Anything tarbo related is a pain to work on though, because of the location of the whole system
>inb4 why is there a tarbo?
Because 60% of BMWs sold in Germany are Diesel, and the proportion used to be higher in the past

>Ford 300
>amc 289
>2Jz
>1jz

the trailblazer had a DOHC i6. I if got money and time to waste it would be a nice swap for a 3 series.