I watched a lot of videos, and read a bit about it and think that this engine is the 2JZ of the Diesel world

I watched a lot of videos, and read a bit about it and think that this engine is the 2JZ of the Diesel world.

I really really want a W210 with one now, so i would also like some tips about that car!

Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uIuZyliL8ts
youtu.be/TKhR70jlveY
youtube.com/watch?v=naCaQPMt798
youtube.com/watch?v=ig8SLJoX5-A
youtube.com/watch?v=zdHUJ_queWo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2JZ of the diesel world is M57

Not really though, the OM606 has the same low end bass and even frequency sound than a 2JZ.
Also you can tune them up to far over 1000hp.

>1000hp on stock block om606
Doubt.jpg
By the way i've owned both om606 and several M57's and m57 is better in almost every way.
2JZ is an inline 6 twin turbo just like the M57 is a twin turbo inline 6 (in the 535d/335d)

Bump

No the 6bt is.

Why is it that if someone asks a question on /o about an engine or a car, that you never get an answer all you get is people telling you about how their car/engine (imaginary) is better than the one you asked about?

Seriously, like last week i asked about an engine and and the first comment was a fag telling me how much faster his pleb golf is.
It's childish and cringe!

cringe is when you unironically think a shitty underpowered benz engine is a good tuning platform

This, the 6bt is way more commonly tuned and swapped than that Merc engine. That's why I mentioned it.

Thats a W211 not a W210

The OM606 is not even the most legendary Mercedes diesel.
The most legendary is the 2148cc OM611, which powered everything from the Vito to the S Class.

Also, don't forget the legendary 1.5 dci K9K engine from Renault-Nissan (found in Mercedes aswell). Yea, the 3 litre OM606 was a great engine, but for the pretentious fags that could afford it.
Not the K9K tho, just about everybody could afford a Clio.

Also, there is also the 1.9 TDI, but I hate it.

>S class
nope
also the best benz diesel is the 2.7 liter inline 5

The OM651, which is the 2008 update for the legendary OM611, was a 2143 cc engine mounted in the S250 cdi S Class. It was essentially a revised version of the OM611 so that it would meet Euro 5 standards, the same way that the OM646 was an revised OM611 in order to meet Euro 4.

>OM606
>Shitty
>Underpowered

Damn you are very wrong!

youtu.be/uIuZyliL8ts

I know!
I choose the picture because of the HD pic of the engine, and because i wanted to show that the engines are so loved that they even swap em in newer Mercs!

Here are some swaped cars:

youtu.be/TKhR70jlveY

The OM606 is so loved and legendary because it's a inline 6 24v turbo diesel, which sounds like a JZ engine and is capable of putting out up to 350 hp with the original engine and turbo.

Also it doesn't sound like a Ford Transit!

The engines you want are OM605, OM606, OM603 and OM602.
Personally I would go for a well kept W124 than W210. W210 is more prone to rusting than W124, if you live in a country where that is a problem. On the other had W210 is where the OM606 comes from. You could get the W124 with a OM606, but it is the naturally aspirated version(OM605, can be had with a turbo in W124, is "the 12v om606").
1000hp OM606 is a race engine, but 500hp/800Nm in a street engine is very doable and daily drivable. Also, don´t blindly stare at HP numbers, diesels are all about torque.
W201 and W202 are not bad choices either(250TD 5-cylinder goodness).
If you have a 800Nm engine in a passenger car, the power is way more than enough in 99.99% times, even 600Nm is a lot for everyday use. Majority of new stock diesels are 300-500Nm.

youtube.com/watch?v=naCaQPMt798

vid. regular day in Finland.

Truck driver here

6bt is the 2jz of the diesel world, I have never heard of the M57 or OM606 but I've seen people swap 6bts into gasoline powered cars. It is the ultimate straight six diesel engine, where are the videos of m57 and om606's doing tractor pulls?

>Also you can tune them up to far over 1000hp.

1:45 oh yeah

t. amerifat

6BT may fit in a truck or tractor but nobody is going to swap a 6 liter diesel in a compact road car.
A 6bt weighs 905 lbs dry while a M57 weighs 350 lbs, that weight is ridiculous.

Plus the cummins engine is 40 inches long while the M57 is about 25 inches lmao.

Other intresting diesel engines besides the OM606: M57 as mentioned before and Volvo´s(VW´s) D24T.

youtube.com/watch?v=ig8SLJoX5-A

Thank bro, pretty cool!
I love Volvos too!

Damn good engines!

I own a W210, albeit a 3.2 I6 gas. It's been very reliable and a tank. And easier to work on than most cars I've worked on. Most things come off with one single size of bolt.

youtube.com/watch?v=zdHUJ_queWo

Yeah fookin amerifags m8

How is it with rust?
Are they galvanized?

I foud 3 that i want to check out, and want to know where to look at if they rust!