/mmg/ mega man general

Begone Thot Edition
Thread No. 178
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic, Manga, other printed media
pastebin.com/VQbnMXGe
mega.nz/#F!G8VjXSjY!HigLekH1YRxozZQwgsu7EA (fixed artbooks.)

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/6iYqEkM2
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
pastebin.com/Uq6Wi9Ms

>Our booru!
mmg.booru.org/

>Here's our discord chat
discord.gg/93tPPf2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6CXD4vwpW1E
youtube.com/watch?v=C7dSJN5LgsE
youtube.com/watch?v=QUzf17ucDbk
youtube.com/watch?v=uEqXCG32dNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XG9UnAp63G8
youtube.com/watch?v=NpkSypp2bT0
youtube.com/watch?v=xqVc2iKK8Jw
youtube.com/watch?v=_w6i70ztZKY
youtube.com/watch?v=EQXfO3yp5AM
twitter.com/IntiCreatesEN/status/890771332685811713
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pandora is for cuddling

HI ALL IT IS ME, GAYTONAFAG! GAYTONA DIED 2 MISERABLE DEATHS AND GOT KEKED BY HIS CHILD GIRLFRIEND AND IS SEETHING IN HELL! HAVE A BAD TIME!

This is the Magicman.EXE of banishment. He will banish your troubles but only if you shout the incantation, BEGONE THOT!

BEGONE THOT

It is the year 2017. For more than a year Mega Man General has sat immobile on the board of Veeky Forums. It is the thread of Mega Man propped up by the will of it's fanboys, and The producer of a hundred pieces of Original Content by the might of it's drawfags. It is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly from the autism of said fanboys. It is the carrion lord of Mega Man on Veeky Forums for whom a couple minutes are wasted bumping it every day, so that it may never truly die.

Yet even in it's deathless state, Mega Man General continues it's eternal vigilance. Mighty mouse pointers and pencils cross the canvases of MS paint, GIMP, and paper. the only ways to produce the OC needed for the thread to survive. Their ways guided by the hands of drawfags. The autistic manifestation of devotion to the franchise. Vast swathes of posts are spread all over the threads. Greatest of them are Original Content. Their comrades in arms are legion: The Gigabytes of reposts and Text-based discussion to name only a few, but for all their multitudes. they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from shitposters, drama, being bumped off, and worse.

To be a poster in such times is to be one amongst eighty. It is to post in the most stagnant and unmoving general imaginable. These are the tales of those times, forget the power of hope and work-ethic. For so much has been discarded, never to be picked up again. Forget the promise of New Games and Media. (the cartoon doesn't count because it sucks) For in the grim darkness of the current year, there is only Legacy Collections. There is no new Mega Man games in the industry. Only an eternity of cancellations and figurines, and the laughter of high level executives.

Headpats.

she's a cute

Why was he such a bitter faggot in the remake?

>Not quite alive, not quite dead... Forever by my side!
/mmg/ is a fate worse than death.

the cartoon isn't even out yet, m8. It could be different next year than what we've last seen of it.

I think MEGANIZE ME is so bad it's hilarious. ruby spears was crap but I legit enjoy it so maybe I'll give this a chance too. I just want my robots. and besides, Ariga's got our backs too.

To give him some sort of depth. I wish they would have given him more of a backstory honestly. I like this suffering purple asshole.

I have no idea, but some of it is the dub missing the mark. The japanese version has his him nearly screeching some of his lines (REEEEEEE) that just makes it sound like he's fucking off his trolley, while in the US dub it's really just WHY DOESN'T ANYONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME? ;_;

Also some of the translation not helping what with his "I don't have friends, not now, not ever" being better suited to "I don't have allies" given the context and the fact the whole NOT A CHARGE SHOT originally has him saying "How can he even use a Charge Shot in that state?"

In the japanese version you can really sense some of his anger towards X. I wish I knew where some of that anger came from. Some of it probably comes from people valuing X more than him because he seems to be someone who is quite prideful.

I think it is fine as is because Vile ended up being the character Inafune envisioned for Sigma, IMO.

He says Sigma was designed to be pure good but 'somehow' turned out this way, as if he was innately going to snap but then ZERO happened and Sigma went nuts because of the virus. So everything else we always hear says Vile was efficient, but a flaw in his brain just makes him fucking nuts.

That's where that anger comes from: he was simply 'born wrong', if you will. And I think that's one of the strongest concepts you can have for a villain, because the average "all that separates the villain from the hero is a bad day" motif has been beaten to death especially on capeshit, and if you're just innately fucking insane and don't care a lick to be dissuaded, you're just a force for actual evil that can't be reasoned with. Only contained or destroyed.

I think Sigma certainly manipulated him too. He didn't consider going after X until Sigma said "This isn't something most reploids could do." He grinned menacingly because he knew he was challenging Vile's insecurity.

The whole "I'M gonna change the world" thing is something I feel we could've done without myself, but Capcom being clueless on what to do with Vile is well documented.

In Compendium of Rockman X they say Vile "idolizes" Sigma (and you see he doesn't try to retort being called a 'lapdog' in X8 either) and then MHX comes out and they try to pretend Vile was always the crazy lonewolf who was only after X, but nothing in X1 seemed to point to that and he also had the Sigma insigina in his head.

With X3, sure, that makes sense, X did defeat him. But then trying to make it be his character motivation from day one... eh.

i think ppl should b allowd to like who they like and not be bullyd for doing so

tank have nice day

I would like for him to have some deeper motivation. His voice actor Roger Rhodes, voice characters with similar ambitions and personalities to Vile. Chibodee Crocket from G Gundam or Vegeta from that shitty canadian dub.

What's Thot?

Oh hey, we got an UPPERCASE-KUN now.
He'll go perfectly with our lowercase-kun.

Wrong thread?

No?

Sorry, I didn't let the pic load all the way since I minimized it once I saw the Idolmaster logo.

I think sometimes the simpler something is the better it can work and at least in regards to Vile I take that approach. Having him be a destruction-driven machine who became obsessed with X because he was defeated by him time and again would have worked just fine.

Then again you mentioned Vegeta and in that sense they'd be pretty similar already, just >muh X instead of >muh Kakarott

then again X8 had him try to banter with Zero apparently more than X which to me is BS. I think Vile as a villain should really focus on X altogether and anything else is his side dish if that much

>tfw no art of harpuia biting down on all of phantom's toenails and ripping them out of phantom's toes with his mouth and with all the nails in his mouth he kisses phantom and shoves the bloody nails down phantom's throat until phantom chokes to death

Stupidest design for the stupidest character in the franchise.

>Jango's face in the character turn bar
>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU LOOK LIKE A FAG ZERO

Better than just getting recolored black again.
It looks like a kinda Wily design.

My first exposure to ultimate zero was Deviantart art. I legit thought this was someone's shitty OC design. I had no idea it was canon.

Bass please.

>YOU DON'T GET IT
>THIS DESIGN IS INSPIRED BY THE FACT WILY PATTERNED ZERO'S ENERGY IN BASSNIUM

>Lorefags in forums actually tried to defend that design with that serious as a heart attack

Also, I forgot what X's hyper mode looked like so I looked it up and...

But how did they defend this?

My mistake, wrong picture. This is actually the stupid looking one.

Excuse me but what's wrong with "looking like a fag?" Are you still mad, heteroanon?

Enough.

It's wrong in the bigoted homophobic eyes of the mechanized furry who feels his way of life supercedes others', user.

Keep up, willya?

Who is the better Megaman fan, straights or gays? Debate.

Would more people be interested in Legacy Collection 2 if Mega Man and Bass was in it?
It seems like nobody really liked or cared about the game until it was announced to not be in the collection.

Asexual Gutsman ass.

The better Megaman is your favorite

>MegaMAN
>games feature plenty of men and maybe one or two girls
The answer is obvious.

Okay, I was wrong, Black Zero is in.
Also, between /sthg/ and Mario RPG fans, I'm curious: Where does /mmg/ stand on OCs in official media like comics (not Archie or comics specifically, but in general)?

Yaoi fangirls?

OCs are cringy shit that belong in dA.

What's with /mmg/ today? Are the homosexes finally regretting choosing to be gay? lol

>Where does /mmg/ stand on OCs in official media like comics (not Archie or comics specifically, but in general)?

If people only want what's in the games then they can just stick to the games

Of course, that doesn't make all of them good, not by a longshot, but when you're writing a story on a platformer with such a tiny cast to begin with, you either branch out to do something interesting or you're stuck with the formulaic 8-bosses-get-their-stage-sorted-through-and-are-killed-in-3-pages Archie was stuck into.

I don't have a problem with OCs unless they're really conspicuous and pull too much attention away from canon characters. The majority of robot masters are technically some kids' OCs anyway.

Why not both?

We've had some pretty cool OCs shared here. There's nothing wrong with being inspired by the source material

This too. A lot of robot masters were OCs from someone's contest submissions. Without OCs we wouldn't have cool fan games like Rockforce.

Interesting answers.

I love Massimo and his gaudy gold armor.

Yeah, his color palette's pretty cool.
But what do you think of Marino?

DON'T BE A BITTER MEANIE!

DAY-CHAN IS STILL CUTE TODAY AGAIN! GOOD NIGHT, EVERYBODY!

Massimo is a real Massibro

One of the better designs of the game I think.

semen
demon

End me

>CUTE
Rotting corpses ain't cute

worst girl

And to round things out, here's Cinnamon.
Those Axl (Stealth Mode) and Spider (Trickstar) both turn invisible.
>INB4 That user/those anons that hate Axl say good.

Day-chan isn't a corpse, he exploded.

*Those fancy New-Gens

The artist who did this piece even joked about that in a variant that said something like "ALSO PICTURED: AXL".

Why have two characters with the same ability?

'Cuz one of them is required to die for PLOT reasons so you need someone to play decoy in boss battles still.

Also because they're both New Gen.

It's your hint that Spider is a New Gen reploid

Somehow I never caught onto that.

Little bits of him were cleaned off the walls by Sumeragi grunts. Twice. What an accomplished individual (not).

Also worst girl

he at least did more than that lazy motherfucker

Like pretty much every boss in the game.

Day-chan is still cute, even if blown into pieces.

Marik did just as much despite not wanting to, what a valiant man.
He would be cuter alive, but I guess he wasn't strong enough to stay that way. Such a shame.

Neither were the rest of the bosses.
Gunvolt too strong, please nerf.

But only one boss lost a child girlfriend.

youtube.com/watch?v=6CXD4vwpW1E

youtube.com/watch?v=C7dSJN5LgsE

youtube.com/watch?v=QUzf17ucDbk

Anybody know if the MGB update is available yet? I'm on 3DS and I'm still seeing fuck all.

Dr Cossack is the best dad.

youtube.com/watch?v=uEqXCG32dNQ

youtube.com/watch?v=XG9UnAp63G8

youtube.com/watch?v=NpkSypp2bT0

youtube.com/watch?v=xqVc2iKK8Jw

youtube.com/watch?v=_w6i70ztZKY

youtube.com/watch?v=EQXfO3yp5AM

In hyadain's metal man cover, Metal Man mentions 3000 ex girlfriends and 1000 ex boyfriends for a total of 4000 exes. if he dated all of them in the span of 3 years, that means Metal Man would be dating 3.65 people per day.

Metal Man gets all the bitches.

metal man's just a shady asshole who don't wanna pay for his drinks.

twitter.com/IntiCreatesEN/status/890771332685811713

What a fuckboy.

This was from yesterday. It's long been fixed.

Not for 3DS it isn't. At least for me, I guess. The game has nothing in it and eShop doesn't either.

Just finished playing Ekoro in MGB and collecting all items/stickers.

Feels like her shots are weaker (or maybe I've forgotten how weak vanilla loadouts are), but nothing that can't be fixed power modifiers. Also I think she has a higher jump, which is probably my favorite part.

Miracle mode is nice. Which it'd show you how much time you have left in it, but it's basically temporary invincibility+power-up, and it's pretty easy to rack up mid-game. Would probably make some challenges easier actually.

Gliding is good for cheesing through parts of stages, but I think dashing is still the best out of the three. Also it's pretty cheap.

Separately, being able to switch loadouts does make the game somewhat easier, since it's easier to switch between stage and boss-centric loadouts.

>Which it'd show you how much time you have left in it
It kinda does, her extra wings are a countdown.

Yeah I don't know wtf that other user is on about, I'm having a blast as Ekoro.