1992 R32 GT-R

Hello Anons. I recently bought a 1992 R32 GT-R. I'm taking picture requests and also AMA. (Pic related)

Other urls found in this thread:

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1992-nissan-skyline-gt-r-2/
importavehicle.com/vehicles/89/1992-nissan-skyline-gt-r
importavehicle.com/vehicles/90/1990-nissan-skyline-gt-r
japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1990-nissan-skyline-r32-gtr-rb26dett-5-mt-3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>AMA
do you know where you are?

I'm on Veeky Forums talking about car related things

I'll ask a few questions.

How much did you pay for it?

Did you import or buy it from someone here in the states (assuming you are from the states)

Is this your first Japanese sports car?

Is this your only car and if not what do you DD?

What are you plans for it?

Why did you buy an R32 GT-R specifically?

Would you like to own anymore Japanese cars that we didn't get here in the US

how badly did the guys at the port curb your wheels when they turned your money pit into the neighborhood bike?

Good questions:

It was originally listed for 45,000 but because this is the time of year when people don't generally buy cars, I negotiated the price down to 39,000. The price is high because the one I have only has 60k miles and has a few quality engine prolongation mods to it.

I bought it from Japanese Classics LLC. They were very nice to deal wotk and I would recommend buying from them if you want a JDM car.

I had a 370z before this but i didn't like to drive it often because the steering was very heavy and the clutch was hard to drive casually because the activation point is very small.

This is not my daily driver. My DD is a 2015 Audi a6.

My plans for it is to keep it as a fun weekend car and take it to many car shows.

I bought the R32 GT-R because it is very different than other cars. It has 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steering. The RB26 is also a very powerful and smooth engine to drive. It is a fast car on the corners and the straights but my favorite part is that it is very fun to drive.

Yes. In the future I would love to own an R34 GT-R but the prices are 65+ for a good one and I believe that the prices will skyrocket when they become legal.

Come on now, the stock wheels are like impossible to give curb rash considering how much rubber there is.

But yeah that thing has probably been thrashed by port workers if someone wasn't there to pick it up as it came in.

I bought it from Japanese classics so I don't know where the minor wheel scrapes came from.

>$39,000
>60,000 miles (100k kilometers)

Bread on hood, fag

Fucking this. Snagged one with 80k miles for 17k

You got meme’d OP

has it spun a bearing and cooked the 6th cylinder yet?

thats all i remember when i use to import these pieces of shits from 2009-2013

>I negotiated the price down to 39,000

is this yours OP?

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1992-nissan-skyline-gt-r-2/

That car is not worth a penny over 20k

exactly lmfao

GG OP and Japanese Classics

OP, I agree you got fucked. For that money you could've gone to IVI and done better, and they're expensive as shit compared to most importers: importavehicle.com/vehicles/89/1992-nissan-skyline-gt-r

importavehicle.com/vehicles/90/1990-nissan-skyline-gt-r

The 6th cylinder is lean because the intake plenum a shit, the Nismo GT plenum fixes it but you have to pull the engine and it's a 1.5k dollar part.

No, nothing has gone wrong with it yet.

Yes it is.

That car has many mods that weren't listed in the description

Sean has the absolute top tier Skylines in the country

>many mods
such as? I see an oil filter relocation kit and a Defi DIN gauge. What else is there?

If OP flew out there and hit up some dealers how much you think he could have got similar example for? Is it hard to do with only speaking engrish?

I bought it to drive it, not to look at it.

>40k for a skyline

congrats OP you could have built a 1000 hp GTS coupe for that money and still have like 15k to spare

I also live within 2 hours of Japanese classics

>I negotiated the price down to 39,000

probably $18k USD. Hell, he could hit up the guy I got mine from and have gotten a better deal. (Navy vet, sells mostly to US Military in Japan)

For that price you could have fooled me

>negotiated its price down to twice its worth
merry christmas user

OP delivers

Yeah, I appreciate that he's a no bullshit kind of guy. A little rough around the edges but it's no big deal.

I really wish he could get to the bottom of how CA emissions compliance is going to work though, I really don't want to deal with OBD2 retrofit. CARB claims only 2004 MY and up direct imports need it but I'm pretty sure that they're full of shit and if you actually try it they're going to throw a fit.

I just want to meet a performance standard man, I don't want to deal with a bunch of fucking extra electronics for an ECU that doesn't even have the CPU in production anymore (Hitachi H8/534).

How are the ST205's do they hold value well or you think they'll be cheap when able to import to burgerstan?

I’ve seen some as low as 15k for pristine condition ones.

As for you OP, you got shafted hard. Should’ve given IVI a call. They could’ve gotten you a better deal

I don't see a large market for them, and not a ton of people even know about them. They'll probably go up a bit but nothing astronomical.

Japanese Classics reminds me of Classic Firearms, they seem like a shady bunch and it feels like they stretch the truth when it comes to conditions, a few horror stories have come out of them selling pieces of shit to unsuspecting buyers claiming everything was great

I live a busy life and don't have time to fly to Japan to look at cars. Also flying to japan would cost thousands and make the trip not worth it.

Good luck trying to find one that is not trashed for 18k

>lives in Australia
>imported his gtr
why?

>Good luck trying to find one that is not trashed for 18k
You sure you want to make that claim?

You could have taken a week off work to have a nice vacation for gtr of your pickings while still saving alot of money. They tax the fuck out of em on those sites

>I can't spend $2500 to save $20000

You know there are services where you tell them what you're looking for and they go to Japan to search for one? IVI offers this exact service, they charge I believe ~5k on top of FOB cost to get it in country and titled.

And they charge even more for cars that they bring into the country without you assuming some risk because they might not be able to find a buyer for a long time.

So what I'm saying is you got fucked financially here. It's fine, the car is probably fine but you just paid a lot more than you should've.

Even if you bought one for 18k in japan, it would still cost 2k to ship it and it would be a long process.

I bought one for 17k that wasn’t thrashed. You got a shit deal is all. Enjoy the car and don’t worry too much about the price.

The damage is done

>39k for a supped up s13 in silver

oh no, spend $19,000 more or wait two months

The absolute horror of this choice

Can someone explain why OP's cost so much to someone who doesn't understand Japanese Imports so well? Like i see even on the site he bought from candidates that cost 20k less?

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1990-nissan-skyline-r32-gtr-rb26dett-5-mt-3/

Only takes a long time if you want to get a shop to do work on it. Otherwise it's really not that hard.

This guy is right, just accept you got taken for a ride and Japanese Classics made a healthy margin on you. But if you wanted to keep this car for a long time anyways it'll be fine.

He wanted a better condition car, Japanese Classics usually sells garbage and they mark up the cleaner ones like fuck

>could've imported two autozams with your skyline but you just had to have faster shipping

As soon as it has a aftermarket steering wheel it’s worth 50% less. Not fucking joking. That’s the only thing I noticed when I was buying one

that's why I keep a mint OEM wheel in storage :^)

This is not Veeky Forums. I made this thread to answer questions, not to talk about what I paid for it.

>mfw just a couple of hours ago I was making fun of fanboys paying for the GTR tax
>this thread appears

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

too late nigga. You made the thread and talked about what you paid. Literally no one in here is at fault but you

Hey OP i will take it off your hands for 39K

[spoiler]PYSCHE[/spoiler]

It doesn't even matter, the stock steering wheel didn't have an airbag anyways. Zero functional difference.

I mean I've already driven an R33 GT-R VSpec for an extended test drive and talked to Sean, Yaska, and Sakae Uchida at Toprank/IVI. Why would this thread be worth replying to if not to tell you that you got taken for a ride?

you got fucked bitch, lol

>It doesn't even matter, the stock steering wheel didn't have an airbag anyways. Zero functional difference
MUH STOCK CLEAN OEM

Nismo Diff., Nismo N1 Turbos. all service records.

R32/33 Nismo turbos or R34 N1?

R34 N1 turbos

Nice, grats!

amazing thread. thanks for making me feel better about my fuckup year OP

>N1 Turbos
There we go that’s like 2k there I believe.

Thank you OP for making me feel better. oh man i peed a little

Any fueling mods to go with or just lagging it up to run 1 bar?

I mean it'd be kind of neat if you had one of the few R32s with the airbag steering wheel I guess.

I just looked closer at OP's car. The console gauge cluster is tasteless as fuck, anyone modifying a car like that I would immediately question whether the mileage is legit. You don't just do a bunch of work and leave the gauge cluster with the original 180 kph.

So an older version of the Garrett GT2860R-7? You know the new ones come with ceramic hybrid ball bearings now right?

I give up. Im not answering any more questions.

Is that contact private mane? Buddy of mine just got stationed in Japan (Navy) and he’s looking to get a Silvia

i love you

kek

Awww man!

>R32 non-vspec
>"100,000"kms
>$39,000usd
>Thirty Nine Thousand United States Dollars

Thread is now general Skyline GT-R thread, post your best pics

>airbag steering wheel
All kinds of disgusting

Nah m8, here

Guy’s name is Lonnie. He’s kind of a dickhead if anyone is just a tire kicker but he’s cool if they’re serious.

If not him then another guy named Chris Roberts runs a similar named page (bad blood between Lonnie and him) without the ‘review’ part. He’s also not one to waste time with, but he’ll take customers to the auctions so they can pick out a car.

Americans really are the most pathetic of all.

I wouldn't get it on an R32 but I mean hey if you're after some collector's piece...

I guess. Fuck, they’re so god damn ugly

Guys... what if importers start charging $39k for curbed r32's cause this guy was willing to pay that much for them?
We were literally one year away from being able to pick these up for half the price when r34's hit the market but this guy went and fucked it all up

What is the average asking price of r34 gt coupe in japan??

I can find them in australia but japanese auctions are always shady

Reminds me of my dad's Camry. Seriously looks almost identical.

>automatic
Your dad isn't a man

I will not be mad at all because on the off chance that my gf gets orders to Japanland I'm selling mine quickly. The more I can get, the better.

gtr on head

Wow it's almost like the Camry is just a reliable basic bitch commuter car that we paid off 20 years ago so we can have money for a car that we actually care about

henlo anens I recently imported a 1997 JZX100 AMA, PLS FOLLOW MY BLOG at reddit.cum/r/jayzettoekkuso100

>paying 39k for an r32

how does it work? do they handle the importation for you from japan or do they expect you to go out there and they just help with the purchase?

i'm (hopefully) going to have a non-shit job soon and i'd like to import a weekend car like a r32/33 or a nice rx-7.

That is a question for the page owners desu. I wish I could answer you but I can't

classic firearms isn't that bad and they actually do have good deals. jg sales on the other hand are pieces of shit that do anything they can to squeeze out every penny out of you. they actually take out a magazine out of the box if the gun comes with two, and charge around $50 to ship pistols.

I don't know if I've ever bought from JG Sales, Classic Firearms keeps hyping up everything as "LAST OF ITS KIND BEST CONDITION BUY NOW" and I've seen some utter piles of trash come out of it.

Thankfully none of it was my money, but yeah.

kek

They import you a car you pay the customs fees, shipping what not included. When it arrives to port, you either pick it up or you tow it to your home which is additional fees. Paper work and what not to get it registered depends on your state. All I had to do is show the DMV the papers my importer mailed to me that proved the car officially cleared through customs in order to get it registered. Some states may require the car to go through a inspection before registration. I had to pay for an inspection request form then get the car inspected and approved by a shop, after that get it insured and registered. I'd recommend that you go through an importer that is local to you, it's best that they speak English. Afaik Japan partners English is not that fluent hearing from a lad that recently imported from them. Also best if you went with a smaller importer, larger importers like to ship out cars in batches so it may take some time to receive your car from a larger importer.

yeah, it sucks, but unfortunately there are a lot of idiots that impulse buy shit and hyping it up like that is enough to close the sale.

with that said, they do have good prices on stuff. off the top of my head i think they had the best deal on the zastava m92 pistols, the vz2008, and i believe they currently have the lowest price on a folding stock vepr 12.

yeah, once i have the cash i might reach out to them, or i might just finance a hellcat or demon.

can you recommend any importers? this is like the third time i'm looking into this, and every time the conclusion i came to was that pretty much everyone throughout the whole process wants to fuck you.

Sean Morris, RBMotoring, Brave Auto, Pacific Coast JDM (Derek). That should get you started. Have fun.

why the fuck do you need an importer, its literally just throwing 1000 dollars a way to do like a few pieces of paper. The only thing you need is an exporter in japan. unless thats what you are talking about

Because if you don't know how to navigate the used car landscape of Japan you're going to get fucked hard just like if you don't know how to deal with finding cars on Craigslist. If you don't know where to look and how to deal you should pay for someone to handle it for you.