Ask a guy who just sold a Civic Type R anything

Ask a guy who just sold a Civic Type R anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-OA6wGj9NdM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

someone finally bought it?
was it a soyboi?

Well actually this one in the pic sold after a month or so at $7000 over. I just sold a black one right when it got off the truck for $10k over. It was a very nice Latino from Guatemala

Lel the dealership I used to work for has 2 Championship White CTRs in the showroom with a $9k markup.

How much you get in commission?

How long now? We’ve only had 3 so far, the black one being the most recent. Just needs to be PDI’d tomorrow.

How much was the markup?
How long did the car stay on the dealership lot before selling?
How would you describe the customer?
How much do you car sellers make in comission?

Depends on how I finish the month. Our pay plan is retarded.

Markup was $10k
Literally just got here 2-3 hours ago
He’s a quiet Latino who really fucking wanted this car, he would text me every few days to see if it arrived yet
Depends on how much we finish the month in front gross. I can post the pay plan for you guys in a bit.

The owner of the dealership actually owns one of the ones in the showroom which he paid $5k markup for and is keeping it around as a showcar, the other white one has been there for 2 weeks. Before that one they sold a blue, black, and gray one before it even got off the truck so I guess they've had 5 CTRs total so far.

If you wanted to hook someone up how much for a base Civic turbo manual? Some have said they can be had as low as 17k?

Not OP but they're making shit up, maybe on a Civic LX non turbo base model + fees.

The base civic doesn't have a turbo

>$45k for a nu-civic
>not buying several tastefully modded EG hatches from japan
why do people do this

Longpost Guy is that you?

What's the base turbo civic, the ext? I'd like a manual hatch is nice too

>he paid himself $5k markup
But why?

The base model hatch has a turbo and is the cheapest turbo of the lot
MSRP of the base model hatchback with 1.5L turbo is 20k
MSRP of the Civic coupe/Sedan turbo is 21K
MSRP of the Civic Si turbo is 23-24k

LX Hatch is cheap and comes in manual. If you live in CA I could hook you up.

Thanks for info guys, how much the base model hatches out the door? Are people not really getting prices cut on em?

Was he as big of a faggot as this guy?

youtube.com/watch?v=-OA6wGj9NdM

>"Hey man can I instagram you reviewing my car even though it clearly makes you uncomfortable? Thanks"

He gets in cars like a complete dickhead, that's how you ruin bolsters

Nope he was chill. Stupid as fuck for not getting GAP. Very, very stupid.

Is the overheating issue real or is just a meme?

I like how at the end he was like
>WHAT DID YOU THINK OF IT
>...well the RS...
>THE RS DOESN'T HAVE COMFORT MODE
lmao

>$7000 over

You people are criminals.

>Markup was $10k

I can't believe you people are allowed to do this.

From a salesman to a salesman, you're the reason our leads don't trust any sales person ever. Quit fucking with my shit.

I know. Have no control over price. I would have sold it at MSRP if I could.

You might be able to sell a car but can you convince yourself that you are decent person and not a bottom feeding peice of shit?

It's jewy but I can't blame them, if some retard wants one bad enough to pay $40k+, I sure as hell wouldn't say no.

Yes. I’ve given tons of cars away cuz I’d rather take care of people and build a clientele than try and hold profit. I’m honestly not the best salesperson.

What kinda deals have you given out to customers?

He is just repeating all savegeese arguments since he seem to admire him and he isn't very smart. It's really funny.

Like 1000, 1500 under invoice

Hey I should stop by your dealership. I live in Santa Rosa.

But then they get raped in interest

Nobody MADE the buyer buy it. If that's the price he's willing to pay for a nonessential good such as a tricked out sports car, then that's the price it will sell for. If the entire market of buyers is willing to pay +$5000 MSRP on the Type R then the market price will be the MSRP +$5000. This is entry level macroeconomics, people.

How is selling something to someone make him a bad person?

>Civic
>Sports car

What's with Guatemalans and buying brand new high trim level cars and how do they often manage to have such good credit with low incomes? I used to work at a Chevrolet then a VW dealer and they'd regularly come in and throw down 50% of the MSRP in cash on loaded Silverados and Passats yet their monthly incomes were always only like $2000-$4000 and their addresses were in poor as fuck areas of LA.

They’re hard workers. I’ve employed many and they actually save their money

Its ok jr youll learn in the future.

Idiots are willing to pay that much over. You are taking advantage of 85 IQ squatemalens. What level of jewery are we on right now?

How does the market have a choice if they are all marked up?

Stop pretending like the only reason dealers exist are to add a useless middle man to the car buying process that no one wants to even deal with.

They save their money and pay off their loans when they're supposed to
You don't need to be rich to have good credit

If the cars are marked up too high people won't buy them, it's that simple

>tfw bought one of these brand new earlier this year for 23% off MSRP
lol @ Americans and """dealer markup"""

No you didn't

Or. Hear me out. Im just being contrarian i understand how it works. But you must be a shifty white shoe car salesman if you are defending dealerships.

Yeah I did.
Judging by the discussion in this thread it's probably hard to believe for you but dealer markup is a ridiculous idea in other countries. Or in Germany at least. Nobody goes to buy a new car at MSRP, let alone pay more than that. 15-20% is an entirely reasonable discount to expect on just about anything.
I got 23% because it came down to a nice round number and I've been getting inspections and shit done at this dealership for years, plus my company buys all the fleet vehicles there. Winter tires and 5 year warranty included.

Not an answer, not an argument.
Highly doubtful

I'm not defending them, I'm just telling you how the market works. People do have a choice

Just yesterday one of you eurofags couldn't believe we barbarians actually haggled over car prices. Now suddenly it's standard practice according to you. You guys are so full of shit.

Why would you lie on the internet

It's almost as if europe isn't a country

Your all the same lying assholes. Bread on invoice.

To add. Around here I don't know of any price haggling on dealers regarding new cars.
You pay the advertised price and that's it. Fuck do I know what's going on in Germany or any other country.

I'm not that guy. Should've mentioned.

As a fellow American I am embarrassed by how butthurt you’re getting

It's kinda weird that in America you can buy a car less or above it's MSRP price.
Here in Israel we just have one price for the car and that's it, we don't even have the trem MSRP. and sometimes dealership have sales and that's it.

>Just yesterday one of you eurofags couldn't believe we barbarians actually haggled over car prices
I still can't belive it becsue here we don't do it, and if you ask the dealship for discount he just says "no"

So you willingly pay msrp without the least bit of negotiating?

That's not what he's saying

Greedy jews, hardly surprising

That's the end result of what he's defe

>we out jew the jews on selling cars
nice

Same here. Car's price is what's on the website plus a few hundred euro on fees (transportation and whatnot).

The only haggling I know is for bikes really.
Since it's a different line of credit (high interest rates compared to cars) dealers might offer you a discount to effectively make it a 0% interest rate but that's about it.
On older bikes that haven't sold you can expect an additional discount or some gear/free check ups.

I bought mine in October. Paid MSRP plus 299 dealer fee which I NEVER PAY but thought fuck it.

>its an awesome car

Nice sale, did he try to get you to come down at all?

>Not taking an already amazing EK9 and improving it further, not having to worry about the overheating and transmission issues the new civic has, not to mention the issues with all modern cars like weight and muh pedestrian safety
What kind of an idiot would buy this?

How did you regain your sense of sight back, OP!?!?!

Not really, he was hoping for $5000 over but we said no. He fucked around with the interest rate to get him at the desired rate.

Tbh had a fat panic attack cuz we barely got him approved TODAY, since last night banks were closed. We did manage to lower his rate again though.

What do you mean? I took that photo at eye level

You know...

what if... there werent any dealerships?

What if...

Then you can buy the car you want at MSRP just like Tesla.

Or maybe even ON SALE PERHAPS?

what's that pic's origin?

Our Civicshowed us it needs oil change in the first 10K km, is it going to be like that every 10k km or just because it was the first 10k km?

Stealership employees deserve to be gassed, t.b.h.