/Rotary General/

Can someone bring back /rg/ we keep on having threads about RX-8 new owners and problems with the RX-7 so why not put it back into a whole general like Miata general and Toyota general?
ALSO dorito thread
Post your doritos and storys about shaming pistons or fuckups.

Other urls found in this thread:

rx8help.com/home/overview.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dorito was a mistake

Also with links and stickys for new owners and common problem list.
And videos that should be watched?

2 wheel dorito > 4 wheel dorito

dorito is a mistake to people who can't maintain a strict scedule. If they were really clunky shitty unrrliable pieces of crap then how come there are still doritos on the road? They would of died out by now would they not? But put dedication to these machines and they can almosy be as reliable as piston

2 wheel dorito > 4 wheel dorito

Rotary general is a good idea but kind of like ORG there's not enough of us to keep a thread alive all the time, has to be periodic

Hell I can make a pasta for these and start them up every other week or so if you guys want, what ever you guys want in the pasta send me and I'll make it up

Dude I talked to at rotorcon had a rotary truck with 400k miles on it, I was really impressed til I overheard him talking to another rotary about how he's rebuilt it 4 times.
Then I just laughed and realized that rotard apologists are pure cancer.

you have to make the thread more non-descript and post it at a later hour, so that all the shitheads don't catch wind

Is burning oil a feature?

punished dorito

an engine denied his lemans

But isn't a rotary rebuild pretty basic? There's only a few moving parts.
They're kind of like two strokes right?

A piston motor rebuild is just as basic.
Throwing new seals in a rotary is the same thing as just re-ringing a piston engine, and costs more than a piston engine.

>motor rebuilt every 100k miles on a strict maintenance schedule
Seems fine to me? I don't kno-
>mrcummys
Almost got me. How's it feel being banned from literally every discord for being annoying and existing?

?
I've only been banned from two discords lol
>100k mile "preventative" rebuild
>rotard apologists trying this hard
KEK FUCK

It's a much, MUCH smaller job.

I rebuilt the engine in my Toyota it was a piece of cake and cost 1k for new head new cam new pistons new rings new bearings, and it's good for 400k more miles, good luck with your 4 more rebuilds to match me

wow only 2

gud job m8

My brother is a helicopter pilot and wants a track car. How would picking up an old rx7 work for this?

Just don't let him get a Subaru
Or a Focus

Well he is going to have to have time to baby it and make sure correct oil is put and no driving the car when it is cold. He could try out with a miata first then go on to a RX7 FC. It also depends on car knowledge as well and DIY. Not to mention pesky rebuilds

And in case you misunderstood (it could happen) driving cold means driving the engine while it is cold. not weather.

Anyone had any experience with Weber IDA's? Not sure if I should stick with the knock off I've got and try to make it work, or chuck it and buy a genuine casting.

I really hope RX-8 prices don't jump by 2025

>ywn own a white turbo FC
>ywn be known as "the iceman"
>ywn be a street god
should I just kill myself now or wait a few years and then do it.

why can't you get a FC? even if you are not street god. you can make your own name

There's no way they will. Nothing is desirable about that car compared to It's ancestors

>would of

banned lol?

doubt any rx8 in existence will work by then

So what are the actual advantages of a rotary engine?

uh sorry I mean Wankel engine obviously.
People say they can be almost as reliable as a piston engine if you put in some work (yea right) but if you do that, what do you gain in return?

twice as much maintenance for half as much power

they're a shit meme and need to be left to die

This website is amazing for information on RX-8 maintenance for any people that have questions

rx8help.com/home/overview.html

FC verts, y/n?

i really want one

>twice as much maintenance for half as much power

what

maybe the maintenance part is a little bit true, but not the fucking power. atleast in hp/l they're always fantastic.

dont like verts in general but i think a vert hardtop would look cool

How do rotaries do as far as torque?

Fuck off furfag

I'll make a collage if you guys want. Just bread on hood and I'll add you. Here's mine

god, your wheel fitment couldn't be any worse.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FURRY KEK ETERNALLY BTFO

Very nice

Skunkfucker BTFO

Literally not an argument stay btfo rotard lmao

Don't you have a rotary to rebuild or something???

That really isn't true. I love my rx8 and still want an FC and FD for completely different reasons. Race mine and find it very competitive stock.

The only downside to the rx8 is that nobody works on them. But then, very few people work on the 7's anymore, too.

I once had a guy come up to me thinking my NSX had a rotary. I have no idea where he got that idea.

Sperging hard there furfag