Abandoned vehicles thread

like the title suggests, the more heartbreaking, the better.

also, generally speaking, if you find something like this in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere, can't you just pick it up and take it home to fiddle with? not just in the US, mind you

No because the second you go to insure it the title owner will be contacted if found and he can take it in any condition or he can give you the title or get a new one if it belongs to a dead or missing person. Too much risk not worth the hastle

I think in Yurop you can if you get the mayor's office to sign a paper stating you found it as a scrap.

I need that fender

Anyone else love finding abandoned cars in the woods?

Here's one for the drift fanboys

there used to be a porsche cayman abandoned near my house, it was there for a like 4 years before they moved it, something wrong with the immobilizer or something, surprised nobody tried to steal it or its wheels, guess thats what its like living in rural britbong, no niggers or spics out here

Me, but in my country is very difficult nowadays

Probably not abandoned but definitely neglected.

None of those sound like a problem.

My parents have a 1977 Trans Am and 1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass sitting on their property. They're probably too far gone to restore and should be parted out.

Even here (Canada) its getting harder. Lots of environmentalists and keep the forest beautiful type people dragging them out and crushing them
I'll post some of my pics

Is that a Ford Falcon?

We should do the same as /k/ tank threads, attach hearthbreaking cringy captions to it, make the vehicle speak to previous owner and wondering why he left it there.

Any pics of the Cutlass?

Plymouth GTX

Oh, my bad. How can you tell them apart?

Early 50's Chevy

Actually a Dodge Superbee

Chrysler cars have particular shape in the grille area. you can even find it on the current Challenger Hellcat/Demon.

I really don't know my classics I guess, what's a good way to learn?

Play Gran Turismo 2 and 4.

:(

If you're parting out the cutlass I need the lower dash if the condition is good

Nah, it's too buried to get a photo. I should drag it out. Nothing special on it but I'm pretty sure it has a M22 4 speed. It would basically need a whole new body and frame. Interior is probably moused out.

Does the Cutlass have a motor?

Yeah, a seized 350.

If it was a 455 442 car someone would probably restore it, but it's too far gone.

How's the dash look? Also swing by /ccg/

I have a 350, keep the block they are fantastic.
I would have bought it off you if it was a 455

these things are worthless tho

Saw this at a boat dock in Hawaii

Do titles ever void if someone doesn’t do some sort of upkeep on them?

Is there a year when they started to have titles?
I know that Alabama doesn’t do titles on cars older than a certain point (can’t remember what the year was but it was some time in the mid 70’s)

Where did you find this pic? More?

You are worthless too, and nobody said anything

That's a Coronet. Look at the badge in the grill it's a super bee badge from the looks of it, also the side fake scoops.

OC

Nice thread ..

I dump some picture from the famous collection of a french guy, discovered after is dead on is ground

dump

dump

dump

dump

dump

dump

dump

This was sitting on a remote agricultural airstrip at a property near mine. It was unregistered since 2007 and has presumably been sitting there ever since.
I've decided to attempt a rebuild and turn it into a decent off roader.

380,000km/236,121mi on the clock and lots of rust around the windows

dump

These are pretty common to see rusting away in the Netherlands (like this one).
Have been going around hunting parts for my classic shitbox that im fixing up, and it almost seems like every 2nd paintshop, scrap/parts trader and classic repairshop has an xj standing in the back of the lot covered in dust or moss....long term projects

No idle issues, no hesitation, all the lights working, had no trouble just driving it back.

Rats had been living in here for quite a while, mess on every surface but thankfully haven't chewed anything.

Unfortunately I don't have a before shot but the engine bay cleaned up nicely

dump

>I don't get it, I performed my very best...
>I guess I just want good enough...

Interwebz

F

Of all the depressing pictures of these neglected cars on this thread, this one is the most depressing.

renault pls
pls no

Cleanest abandoned engine ever

>dat elan
>dat europa
>dat bugatti?

dump

Each state has different ways of fucking you over. In CA if you have the original paper title, then you are cool. If not, then bend over for addition forms, fees, and delays.

what a beauty, where did you find this one?

probably fukushima

Volvo P1800?
It reminds me the one Roger Moore used to drive.

The feels this gives me.

I looked at a E30 M3 in almost exact condition in 2009. Sitting under an awning in some decaying barn, woman wanted $5k cash. I still feel like such an idiot for not buying it.

Nice find user, I got my Loyale Wagon in the middle of the Desert outside of Barstow California. was a old Ranch/Camp Ground car. best lil offroader shitbox I ever had. was 300$ just needed a clutch and new Radiator.