The civic is now a midsize sedan

>the civic is now a midsize sedan
>starts at $19k

What went wrong, bros?

Market tastes are different, but the manufacturer cannot keep up with the demand.

you'd just complain and not buy one no matter what they did so they just made a car that would sell instead.

also while it's definitely VERY spacious (t. drive one), it's still classified classified as a compact.

Zero trips confirm

Can't deny that tbqh.

>EPA guidelines for vehicle size class stipulate a car having combined passenger and cargo room of 110 to 119.9 cubic feet (3,110 to 3,400 L) is considered a mid-size car, and as such the tenth generation Civic sedan is technically a small-end mid-size car, although it still competes in the compact class.

In the US it's literally classified as mid-size.

all previous gens are still on the road. so you get the 10th only because you like new things and...?????????? turbo I guess?

I'm yuropoor. I can definitely believe that there's more space inside and in the boot than my m8s a4 which also kinda treads the line between compact/mid size
it's quick and nippy and fun to drive and well built and gets amazing MPGs and super quiet and amazing value for money. also honda reliability for 20 year trouble free ownership

It may be the size of an old midsize, but it's still considered a compact car. It's roomier inside. It's better insulated. It has more power. It has stronger materials. It's safer. You're getting more car for your money than you were decades ago. That is a good thing.

As for the price, those improvements have a cost but there's also inflation to consider. Your money now is worth less than the exact same amount of money from years past. Using a CPI calculator, which admittedly tends to overstate inflation slightly, to take the $11,950 sticker price of a 1990 EX Civic Sedan to today's money becomes $22,868.07. You are actually paying less equivalent money for the modern Civic.

I actually really like how the 5 door looks. Shame there isn't a sport trim with a turbo or something.

The Elantra is the new Civic

>Simple light little 4 door with decent options, reliable efficient little N/A engine, and decently fun to drive. Also built by slant eyed people from across the ocean just like the old Civics.

It's as sensible as white bread.

Everything deteriorates, given time.

Normally you'd just go down a model to get back to the right size

E.g. The golf is now huge, but the polo is now golf sized.
The Focus is now huge, but the fiesta is now focus sized and the Ka+ is fiesta sized

Here the step down is what? The Jazz (uncool lumbering piece of shit) or what? nothing?

Most people get their shit fully loaded even on a shitbox like a Civic so they might as well start it at that much. A poverty spec manual car doesn't appeal to many people these days especially when the fancy pants spec model is $20 a month more to lease.

Doesn't it got radar cruise control and heated seats and shit? You aren't getting that in a $13k new shitbox anytime soon.

>also honda reliability for 20 year trouble free ownership
But who knows with the new turbo Engine

it's still a good ass car

>take the turbo and exhaust from the 180hp civic sport
>throw it in the Fit
>call it an Si

Literally the perfect shitbox. Prove me wrong.

>The Jazz (uncool lumbering piece of shit)
At least it's a hatchback unlike that retarded Civic sedans. Everyone buying sedans smaller than full size deserves to be run over. A fucking Civic sedan does NOT emit prestige just because Rolls-Royces are sedans.

>Civic: 2,923 lbs.
>Elantra: 3,131 lbs.
hyundai shills always make me lol

>buying cars made and/or designed in Japan

I know many Honda fanboys who've been fucked over by the first run of a new generation. Were talking worst than GM tier problems on brand new cars. I'd stay away from them for a year or two.

I doubt you'd really get 20 years trouble free out of anything modern of you abuse it like an old car. You have to keep up on maintenance on new cars especially turbo engines. It's not like a dirty old B20 or something where you can just feed it oil and keep it at 9k rpm for decades. Tyte tolerances.

>paying more for less car

>I can definitely believe that there's more space inside and in the boot than my m8s a4 which also kinda treads the line between compact/mid size

Germ cars seem to have fuckall interior room compared to their exterior dimensions from my experience.

Why is it that Korean cars seem to be heavier?
Whenever you compare a Japanese car to an equivalent year and size Korean car the Korean one always tends to be heavier. Do they just not focus on keeping cars lightweight?

As much as people hate the, Corean cars have quite a lot of shit on them, even in base models.

People don't want light cars. They want something "solid". Shit tends to get rattly and cheap when you go light. It's hard to get both when you got $15k to work with.

>Civic: 2,923 lbs.

A 2018 sedan starts at 2742 lbs.

http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2018/Civic-Sedan/specs#mid^FC2E5JEW

Even an EX-T with a CVT is 2899lbs.

K20z3 masterrace begs to differ

tru, tru. Though this is something Honda could actually do if they weren't shitstains worried about invalidating the unpopular Civic Si they have out right now.

korans throwing in bunch of features for base models

>Americans getting fatter
>Manufacturer accommodates the increasing girth of their customers
What did you expect senpai?

American inspired car industry post Korean war.

>being a gook

Safety regulations.

And it also has ugly tail lights.

I like the one on the coupe tho.

they make a new name for the small car
like yaris or some shit
vw up and such

This

Funny enough it was the base model naturally aspirated engine that had problems

So why does the lighter Civic feel more solid than the Elantra?

>make a small light car
>it's really popular
>make it bigger to make more profit and cash in on the name

absolutely no racing heritage