>Helpful links
pastebin.com/8R2HQiuu
>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UGfKMV5AbMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you don't kill the boss, does that map become available for drops in other maps? The wiki is not clear on this detail.

No. You HAVE to kill the Map Boss for it to drop in any Map that isn't directly next to it. You do not have to get the Bonus, however. White version of the map is enough.

whats the bonus even for then

the chance for a map drop to be 1 tier higher

>free
>free
>FREE
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>FREE
>free
>FREE
>free
>free
>free
>Free
>Free
>free
>free
>FREE
>free

Is anything wrong with dual wielding innsbury edge?

Your character may be drawn to dark places only a handful have ever been to that none have returned alive from. A place where even a Softcore character die forever.

well it's still only a 200 dps weapon

How do I into theorycrafting builds? what makes a good build different from a build that stops being viable before or at maps? Should I have a goal amount of life/es/insert stat here beforehand?

experience

Lots and lots of experience. Youre going to have to accept that youll be following build guides for a thousand hours before you can make anything more complex than a crit bow build.

hacking

Grab Path of Building. At least 150% life if you're softcore, I guess 200% es? I'm not sure anymore. Try to get at least 100k dps, keep playing with different paths and setup ups and gear in order to perfect your build. Wiki is your friend, find things that you think would be amazing to work with, try different combinations. It takes awhile but honestly Path of Building makes it easier than ever to create a build

this has NOTHING to do with Path of Exile

FUCK
YOU

Do you not see the Dying Sun flask on the table?

I think at this point it's safe to call it the Dead Sun flask.

>still adds 2 projectiles
nope

>Nerf completely irrelevant to the true flask power
>"it's dead guys :("

Dying Sun? More like
youtube.com/watch?v=UGfKMV5AbMI

Elemental BV or Spark with the new gem Scion for 3.0?

One is a great boss-killer, the other is a watered-down V.Spark that requires no souls which is completely redundant because you would probably want to use V.Spark anyway. It'd be like playing EK nova when Vaal EK exists and is a ring of blades that casts continuously around you for 5 seconds.

Public stash tabs Still lists individually set price if you try to override with tab set price

Like, in what world is this acceptable

That makes sense.
>Set general Tab price
>Set specific overrides where needed

Does PoB have bleed stack functionality yet? Wouldn't mind testing something out with the new shit stone.

That's the way it should be. Individual price > tab-wide price.

Yes, I dont recommend wasting your time though.

just tick target is moving and double the damage for a max stack bleed

I imagine it would be shit-house, however, my planned tree is next to it by pathing anyway and my build will have bleed.

Good point.

So, if my build does lots of small elemental hits is it safe to say that i should use Elemental Focus since, with the new ailments, there's no way in hell to shock the boss?

You werent going to shock the boss before, youll use Vaal Lightning Trap and deal with losing 30% damage on shock.

Nice tickle-me-elmo build

Yeah, pretty much what i though, thanks. Honestly i'm kinda excited for 3.0 inb4GGGshill.

Dont let /poeg/ get you down, sitting in this general for years would make you hate any game.

>Was fiddling with it, out of curiosity
My god, these numbers are a fucking joke. What were they thinking?

Its simple really. They dont have time to properly fix DoTs and double dipping, and the testing pool in betas is pretty low. So instead they use the first league of 3.0 to get mass testing and feedback on these systems and they get a nice 3-4 months to get them in a decent place. The reason theyre so shit now is because they dont want to overlook something and end up having to balance mid league because someone figured out some super secret 100m dps ailment build. Everyone always throws a shitfit when nerfs happen in the middle of a league, so why take any chances?

Do the equivalent for every class

y/y poe saved

This is while target is moving and not having the keystone. This is with high damage, high level etc. The bleed is from Atziri's Disfavour.

What a meme. Oh well, never cared for DoT and I don't think I'd get any benefit out of the guaranteed bleed.

Has anyone tested Caustic Arrow on the beta? I'm wondering how it's doing with all the changes and new supports. Poedb did list that it's damage values were buffed.

Ailments are fucked for now cause like , they didn't have time to test it (lets not kid ourselves, the beta was just to generate hype and money). I'm betting that for the league after Harbinger they'll (over)buff them and it'll be ailment meta desu senpaitachi.

Most likely. Wouldn't be surprised if that happens after Harmemer league.

Not bothered by it, my build is just generic melee with Disfavour. Was just curious what the bleed would be like since Disfavour has bleed into it.

Since Poison is RIP you can no longer use meme weapons to double dip and still make good builds. I think pretty much all builds that got most of their damage from Added Chaos gem and Poison through it are ded.

It comes through experience. Start by making one or two builds of your own per league. Look for inspiration in other builds and try to understand the choices people make building them.

PoB is great but it can be really hard to distinguish something that's good on paper from an actually functional build.

Wouldn't this be quite a heavy nerf to Scion though? Or rather it would buff others so much that Scion would be a lot less desirable due to it's position in the tree. Maybe if it were a couple more new nodes of travel.

Any decent scion build uses uber lab to move their starting position anyways.

> Shock is kind of useless (vaal lightning trap) + bosses are hard to shock since its based on % HP
> Frost is very strong against regular enemies but hard to freeze bosses since its based on % HP

> Fix them by making still making them based on % HP but you're getting lower effect

It's not a good fix.

Bleed never did good dps in the first place. It was even really hard to double dip because there's very little generic physical damage compared to shit ton of chaos damage. The base value of bleed needs to be way higher considering it doesn't stack.

Also why are charges being nerfed? The power amplification they give is decent but not super huge. Flasks on the other hand are crazy overpowered. Lion's roar + diamond flask + taste of hate tripples people their dps numbers lol.

what if every node was interconnected with each other xD

It's as though the design team don't understand basic mathematics.

They can easily make Crimson Dance better:
>No move damage
>8 stacks
>60-65 % less DPS from bleed
>Each bleeding stack reduces enemy's phys damage, cast speed and attack speed by 2-3 %

Then it's not just a new poison but instead turns you into a predator circling around and bleeding out a larger, slower prey.

>>>r/iamverysmart

>>>>r/iamverysmart

Flasks were hit across the board, with damage going down and ranges added to force divining them. The charge nerf wasnt that bad, as a caster you regain the 4% damage that you used to get from Frenzy by getting Power charges, the reduction in crit chance was fine and picking up additional charges are still worth it for the spell damage. Overall im actually happy with the charge changes because im no longer forced into getting frenzy on a caster or power on a crit based attack character.

Is it really that bad that Power charges are primarily casters with minor benefits for others and that Frenzy charges are primarily attackers with minor benefits for others?

Yes, it is overall a good change.
Sadly, I'm afraid they are gonna give in and revert the changes.
You can't really fight stupidity, even if more and more people are waking up to the fact it's actually a good change

The changes were bad in that they didn't change anything else that had to do with Power or Frenzy charges. A bunch of 2.6 is still designed around the old charge system and there's a disconnect between the mechanics.

The change to making them casters and attack based primarily is just bad for the direction of the game. It's the kind of thing that slowly kills build diversity and is against the core values of path of exile.

>your build can no longer use [insert mechanic here] and is nerfed because of that
>a-at least i'm not forced to get it anymore!
ladies and gentlemen, this is how GGG drone's mind works

It would have made more sense if they moved the % more damage on frenzies to power charges and gave frenzy charges move speed. That way power charges are about "power" and frenzies would be about being in a "frenzy". Staying thematically consistent and still shifting the balance of the game as it's difficult for attack builds to get multiple power charges.

Because being forced into getting frenzy and power charges for every crit build was diverse? With the change im still forced into getting one of them but now I have this room for exploring other options instead of having to pick up the other charge somehow. Ill still pick up frenzy charges on casters if im in a situation where it doesnt gimp me and the same with power charges on a crit attack character. I even have the option of picking up power charges on a non crit caster now.

Im really not seeing how this is restricting build diversity, by lifting the base requirements on builds I have room to experiment.

yeah dude, power charges really convey that increased damage over time and increased bleeding and increased melee and increased ranged damage

is everyone here fucking retarded?

based retard

What? How does it not make sense for Power to equate to More damage in your head? Are you braindead?

So every non crit spell caster has to get power charges now but its okay as long as every crit build doesn't have to get frenzy charges!

Most builds were expected to pick up 2 charges before, now most builds are expected to pick up 1 charge. I dont see whats so hard to understand.

are you retarded?

Are you?

that was a rhetorical question

new thread proper

>im no longer forced into getting frenzy on a caster
Were people really travelling half way across the tree to get 3 additional frenzy charges ?
Isn't that the whole point of investing passive points into something anyways ?

>power charge provides less crit than a minor node
>good change

Hey you still get 3 for free, so if you have an easy way of generating them thats 90% crit.

This thread is fine, stop being butthurt.

I am amazed. It's incredible to me how much of a shitstorm formed over some... balances changes in Beta?! I myself couldn't sleep thinking about the changes and how many interactions would stop working and how many more could be done, or if GGG finally got something wrong and fucked up and then i realised... I was overreacting. It was just some balance changes on things that could be easily reversed and worked on and I usually have absolute confidence in GGG's balance team, but I doubted them. Why?

GGG are freaking amazing in creating hype and they know this subrreddit and it's players REALLY WELL. All the trailers, the drip feeding of information, the manifestos, all these things making everyone so hyped. I mean, the harbinger league reveal gave me a mix of anxiety, antecipation and joy that no other game do and that's AMAZING. And all those things made me so hyped to the point of developing a irrational passion for it.

Then, the changes announcement came. Subtle, not proven to be really a huge deal, therorycraft food at most. But it affected what I yearned and desired to be perfect, I got scared about PoE. The fact that some balance changes on a still going beta make a generally stoic, calm, patient and skeptical person myself even consider it to be a extremely serious problem for just a bit shows how much I care and how much I want the 3.0 to be the best thing ever, feelings I'm pretty sure a lot of you share with me. The closer 3.0 gets, more hyped we get and more protective about it we end up being.

I made this post to share some thoughts over the latest shitstorm and I would ask people to calm down a little bit, PoE will not die because they changed how charges work on the BETA. And shoutouts to GGG for being the masterminds they are at making this game and I ask for forgiveness because love blinded me and made me doubt you. If I ever find someone that makes me thing about and amazes me as much as PoE I would gladly marry/lose my soul to that person.

>subrreddit
Explains the rest of the post I guess.

Pretty hyped about dark pact desu. We get FREE minion instability with it.

How sexy is the Gore set, on a scale from Ascendant to Zana?

>free minion instability

what?

So is Mind Over Matter basically mandatory for 99% of builds in 3.0? Since CI is worthless now and pure life will still be shit outside of RF and Dark Pact

If youre a caster your choices are MoM/VP or MoM/Acro

>basically mandatory
if you're a brainlet, sure, take comfort in knowing there's a "mandatory" path for your to choose but who cares, you'll copypaste a streamer build anyway

What are the best spells for 3.0? Frostbolt any good?

Any 100% pierce proj based spell works.

Anyone going 100% phys melee in 3.0? What are your reservations (if any)? Not sure whether to go with Haste + Some shit or try and squeeze triple purity.

>What are your reservations
No pure physical skill that interests me at the moment, just that.

And i have a question about Atziri's flask. If i'm going 100% phys->elemental conversion to i get both of the bonuses?

I'm so fucking confused by this game. I don't know what to play because it always feels like I'm going to fuck up my build or something.

Why are you replying to that post?

copy the fotm shit what people will talk about, after the first day like everyone else

He asked what my reservations are if not going phys and i answered that desu.

No.

Problem is power charges are bullshit to generate for non-crit spellcasters, who might actually use them for the spell damage now
What are your options, really? Shitty assassin's mark, OoS/Ice Spear PCoC, be Assassin lol, culling Power Siphon? Nothing good

>The only excuses people bitching about the charge changes can think of, when asked about why they hate the changes, are Tulfall, Power Siphon and the new shitty trap armor
Really activates my health nodes.

Ascendant hierophant gets sick pcharge generation senpai.

kek

Is anyone really surprised about the recent changes ? People have been pigeonholed into specific classes for specific builds since 2.0, GGG has been artificially shifting the fotm builds around while slowly killing build diversity for a while now.

Ascendancy was the real build killer. That along with GGG opening the floodgates with the removal of reflect auras.

all three literally nobody gave a shit before yesterday
Real reason:
>muh generic charges stacking build that i copied from my favorite streamer is nerfed :;(

yeah, because stacking frenzy and power charges on literally every shitcrow build ever is so promoting diversity

>every build ends up using all charges cause why not
Remember, this is true diversity.