drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/227733
youtu.be/hYIvs2Rh89k?t=110
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

gives me conniptions

Thanks for the advice man

I'm not sure if I could fit GFD onto my build without sacrificing a more useful spell. Would throwing knives and the like be a reasonable replacement for the ranged chip damage?

I'm not entirely sure of what the poise breakpoint for halberds are. I can reach 25.40 with herald helm now I've lost the shield and dagger but I doubt that'd do much, any suggestions on getting more VIT for heavier armour? Lose a bit of VIG maybe since I'm running FaP+3?

Add pyromancy filters to arena and summons

Bows out-chip pyromancy builds, I get more trouble from decent bow users than I do from people who can use fire surge

Will texture mods and shit get me softbunned?

Am I still in arena/invasion range of 120 fags at 140?

I'd switch Great Soul Arrow or Great Soul Dregs for Dart honestly, both of those fulfill similar purposes already. You can use Knives or Shivs instead but they're gonna do fuck all damage on your build compared to a fully kited Dart. And honestly you could probably lower your ATT to 24 if you wanted to cut a spell anyway, 24 is plenty enough FP for PvP and you likely won't use all those spells at once in a single fight that you can't just switch between later.

For poise an ideal amount in my experience is 27.04 for halberds. That's the 100% poise health breakpoint for hyperarmor against 2H Katana, Straight Sword and Curved Sword running attacks which are a big danger. If you just want to withstand regular 2HR1s from curved swords 21.43 is enough at 100% poise health.

You should go up to 164

yes

Separate big weapons and small weapons.

This way str builds don't need to bitch how everyone never strikes first and other builds actually have chance to strike first without losing 70% of their HP.

If he replaced Great Soul Dregs, he'd have no ranged nuke spell which is a requirement for all mages. I guess he could replace GSA but then his only 2 ranged damage spells would be "extremely low damage" and "extremely high damage" with no middle ground. If anything, he could drop soulmass since it's more of a self defense spell and he already has flashsword + soul greatsword.

>If he replaced Great Soul Dregs, he'd have no ranged nuke spell which is a requirement for all mages.

Not really, especially if you have a melee weapon. Tinder is decent enough damage that his available spells having no middle ground that it's fine since support spells cover the other ends.

Thanks so much for your help man

I worked out a (imo) reasonably fashionable highish poise set that'd meet those breakpoints, and from that I've been able to adjust my VIT to suit it

If I took off a spell slot, what spell would be least useful? I'm guessing I'd be able to manage without Flashsword given that I'm now meeting breakpoints but at the same time I don't particularly want to end up getting bullied to death every time someone happens to have upgraded a dagger

Can't thank you enough for the information though man, I was well on my way to making a very poor build given all the points I was wasting

Would help of course if I actually attached the screen-cap

Personally I'd take either Great Soul Arrow, Great Soul Dregs or Flashsword off. The first two because in my opinion you only need one for the purpose of a damage ranged nuke, and Flashsword because I find it a mediocre spell on its own but with Tinder it has good range. You get the same use out of Flashsword from a Crystal Longsword/Lothric Knight Sword so it's your call.

>duty fulfilled
>no ears
w h y

Alrighty, I think I've got things just about finalized then

-27 ATT, the breakpoint where an Ashen Estus Flask will fill my FP bar with minimal wasted "juice"
-26 END, an FaP+3 breakpoint
-Back to 12 STR because apparently drinking makes me do silly things with my stats
-39 VIG, breakpoint
-28+ poise, apparent halberd breakpoint that I wish I'd known a while ago
-LKS to replace flashsword for when fighting faster weapons, since casting would be relatively useless anyway. No shield since I can use the WA with an empty offhand
-Spells are a stagger tool, a chip damage/finishing tool, a combo spell for the tinder and a hard to avoid nuke

Thanks again for the help lads, if there's anything I've messed up please let me know. It'll take a solid few hours for me to think up a decent name regardless

Looks solid lad.

What is it with aldrichcucks and defending the host? What are you hoping to accomplish? Not even singular faithfuls, multiple are doing this per invasion. Did I miss a meme or something?

S U F F E R I N G

Apparently the covenant is filled with dickheads who just want to be like bloodshades

I hope they implement the true death mode into the DaS rerelease. It sounded so cool- in demons the death system was originally that recovering your souls automatically turned you human, but dying while in soul form (basically failing to grab your soul pile) delevelled you significantly. It'd be a fun optional difficulty, and would be made more fun because 90% of the time everyone playing would be online and susceptible to invasions. It also explains why the darksign exists as a usable item.

looks nice but if this is a duel build I'd use great soul arrow/farron hail over dregs

I'm thinking of replaying DS1 again, are the two tracer swords fun to use the intended way?

They're both good individually. I've played with dual wield but honestly it doesn't feel any different than just using one without a shield.

gold tracer is good in the offhand, which is how ciaran wields it but the dagger is just bad outside of criticals

Can you edit your hair in DaS2 CE like you can in DaS3? Don't mean like changing the presets, mean like literally editing the hair to look something you normally can't get.

gold tracer is good in any hand. In the right its a decent curved sword that unfortunately cannot be buffed, but is otherwise one of the best. In the left, it makes a nice compliment for slower bleed weapons like katanas, so that you can finish off the bleed proc. It also provides a good dps when you can get close range, but when that's not an option, the katana allows you to keep your distance and have a nice running attack

Doesn't seem fair to punish bad/new players like that though, they'd just give up after being locked in an endless cycle of de-leveling and twink invasions. Decent players don't die often enough to really be affected by those mechanics.

I don't think that's possible even in ds3. Only thing not normally available is more freedom with color/brightness

There literally was a guy on /dsg/ that changed his beard and eyes to look like Gaels. It wasn't just clientside and would also show in multiplayer.

I record videogames to make webms

user-who-clearly-stole-an-older-user's-low-quality-soulspear-spamming-sorcerer-webms-to-shitpost-kun, is this you?

>There literally was a guy on /dsg/

Well at least it wasn't figuratively

That's a specific age option that could only be selected in CE, nothing to do with changing hairstyles, and there aren't any human NPCs that have unique features that'd require the implementation of those options

>DaS rerelease
Only actually good games get rereleases, son.

I forget which one, but one of them inflicts Toxic with the R2. But unless you Collector's Edition, there's no way to get them until post-Lordvessel.

Seems like more than just freedom with color/brightness to me.

I just finished my first ds3 play through with a strength build. I did a curved sword and katana duel wielder in 2, and a katana wielding pyromancer in 1. I think I might replay ds1 next. What build should I do? Hows magic in ds1?

dead game

better than in 2 or 3. melee is still more fun though

Freedom with color and brightness? It's literally the hidden 4th age option added specifically so Gael could have that long as all hell beard. Hell, selecting it makes it so your chosen hair colour becomes your eye colour because they never intended players to be able to use it themselves

(Goldstein)) and .exe boss fight is pure bullshit
One is fast the other heavy hitting
Nigger

That's a different thing and has nothing to do with hair. It's a custom face plastered on yours.

You sure? Tested it yourself?

Any other faces or is Gael the only one?

That's exactly what I was saying, there are no unique hairstyles, Gael's unique beard comes from his custom age slider. Why are you replying to my post with what I've already said?

>/pol/ack is retarded
And the sky is blue. Use the pillars you dumb cunt
Only Gael's afaik. Now that I remember, some guy had shown a couple of hidden sliders to make your face lopsided but I don't know how to mess with them. Also, it's actually the skin color affecting the color of the eyes and iirc you can make your actual eyes show through the face if you make them large enough. Getting Gael's face is easy as setting your age to 3 in CE. Also, goes without saying the lopsided slider wouldn't work on his face

I'll shove a pillar up your arse

Because of the quality nerf I want to rebuild my old Knight.

How does this look?
I mainly use the 2h Claymore. Straight Sword & Shield are backup weapons.

18 Dex for larger variety of weapons. Splitleaf for example.

Havels and FAP are mandatory.
One of the others can be replaced with Leo's.

I'm not sure about the buff.
Currently I use Carthus Flame Arc, which only costs 2 points extra.
But the damage is not much different from Resins.
I blessed weapon a good buff for my Claymore? I would increase my AR almost 600.

I need a coffee

looks perfect

>18 Dex for larger variety of weapons. Splitleaf for example.

Splitleaf only needs 16 Dex which is the highest requirement for 99% of weapons on a pure Strength build. The only things you'll really be able to use with 18 are the Harald CGS and the Lothric Knight Sword, the latter of which doesn't really scale well with high Strength. I'd recommend taking a two points off Dex and 2-3 off Vigor and putting it in Endurance or Vitality.

Switch chloranthy for prisoner's chain, drop vigor to 35 so chain brings it to 40. Bring END to 35 (40 with chain). Now you have 20 vit and 3 extra points to put where you want

So what grade would we give to ENB's run of the DLCs so far?
Shulva
+played all the bosses
+was online for invades
+didn't use chat as a crutch
-spent way too much time faffing around like a faget because he couldn't figure out the pillars
-was disrespectful to Batman
-summoned

Brume :
+did all bosses
+did Fume both with and without assen idols
+did not summon for bosses
-played offline so no invades
-did not do the entire DLC in one go
-responded to chat fag enablers

So imo Shulva was 9/10 and Brume was 7.5/10

A 66 Str build is only good if you're using ultras, Heavy infusion is weaker on smaller weapons. While you're at it, you may as well hit 40 Endurance, ultras require as much stamina as you can scrounge up.

Carthus Flame Arc depends on spell buff, and at that amount a Charcoal Pine Bundle will get you more damage output. If you aren't doing a Pyro build, you might as well put the points somewhere else. Blessed Weapon is a better buff since the damage is non-scaling and it adds physical damage (which removes the issue of split damage).

If you optimize your build and remove the excess weight, you can save the point in Vit and maybe even swap Havel's for something else. But if you're going to actually use that 66 Str for something good then you may well still need it.

Beyond that, if you need extra levels consider PChain, it can free up 15 levels for putting into other areas.

Take END to 26 or 34, those are softcaps with the FaP +3. VIG to 39 or 44, no point in playing inbetween. DEX down to 16. Ideally if you're playing with a ranged offhand you want Arbalest or Avelyn. Not got a clue as to why you want the pyro flame since your resins will likely add more than carthus flame arc, and with less easily resisted damage such as Magic (Pale Pine) or Dark (Human Pine). You'll also get more uses out of it without worrying about estus since your FP will greatly reduce your amount of casts, especially if you want to take advantage of your Straight Swords Weapon Art, which given you're using a Broadsword is really the only benefit it has left

Personally, I'd switch to either a Millwood B-Axe for a decent finishing weapon/hit confirm against parry spammers, or the Mace for another, lighter trading weapon with some phenomenal rollcatch potential

On that note, get some moe VIT and some heavier armour, you're maining a weapon that relies on trading with a medium poise armourset

>mfw I use the DS1 randomizer, check the hintsheet and it turns out that it put the large ember in the dlc

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/227733

>that webm

Just use twinkling weapons. There are also a few boss weapons you can make with the upgraded weapons already in the game

Thanks that looks great.
Didn't realize that PChain was so good.
Thanks for the input guys.
>A 66 Str build is only good if you're using ultras, Heavy infusion is weaker on smaller weapons
It is still a straight upgrade from by previous 40/40 character. Of course I will also use UltraGS, GreatHammer/GreatAxes from time to time, but Knight Armour and Claymore is my default playing style since DeS.

Problem is, at anor londo and only found 3 twinkling. Maybe there's a place to farm it somewhere.

Chloranthy Ring, or Red Eye Ring?

>5 am
*Red Tearstone Ring

what are good names for a healslut build?

ThankYourHealer

Paladin Yorlin

Heals(capital i)ut

What happens if I go past lvl 120? I see everyone using that level for character sheets. I assume thats just the agreed upon level to be? What do I do w/ souls after I hit 120? what do I do if i went past 120 already?

as long as you are still at the point where you can be matched with people around 120, you should be fine. Going over 120 is only bad if you participate in fight clubs, which case, you will be downscaled a little. Arena and invasions you'll be fine.

Has anyone hit 999? Why 120, seems arbitrary.

wats the big heal
shaqquile oheal
wheel of heal
kneel for a heal
heal or no heal

tulSleaH

Maxing SL takes an absurdly long time and kills build variety/uniqueness

There is a maxed PvP meta but everyone having the same gear and setups is no fun

I just finished the first area of Dark Souls 2 and beat the Pursuer boss, And I've decided that I want to power stance axes and go shieldless most of the time. Is that viable? I know nothing about this game.

As far as I remember most any build is viable for the base game. Do whatever you want my dude.

Sure. Shield might come in handy for certain areas but entirely possible without

what's the best infusion (most AR) for longsword

refined? currently using dark

pure physical better than split damage?

power stance axes is the most fun build in the game, go for it

people severely underrate it because maces have a similar moveset but deal strike damage, but the non-PS axe moveset you have access to more than makes up for the very slightly lower damage

Hypothetical: How would Dark Souls 2 have been received if it had been the 3rd game released? Not accounting for graphics of course.

Basically: DS1->DS3->DS2?

the longsword has an unusually high scaling with elemental infusions, so chaos and dark are the best for it in terms of highest damage output. But for pure physical, pretty much any infusion will get the job done. It's pretty much a weapon that you can put on literally any build and it will be top-tier.

SL metas were for people to meet up easily mostly for duelling, but eventually just became the agreed upon range for anybody who wanted reliable multiplayer connections for co-op as well.

120 was the des meta because that's where the average build felt "complete". The higher you go, the less of a build your character feels like. Dks 1 was 100 for a while because builds felt both complete and it was a clean number, but then some pvpers started going 120 to gain an advantage on 100s, then 125 to beat 120s, then 130 to beat 125s.

Dks 2 was 150 because ADP was a shit fucking mechanic that basically forced every build to spend 15-20 points just so rolls didn't feel shit. Pyros/Hexers went from requiring either 0 stats or 1 stat for optimal damage, to requiring 2 damage stats just to be relevant. Then people optimized souls gained because lmaosoulmemory and figured out they could match up with the average 150 even at SL 200, so that's where it was when 2 died.

Bloodborne was 90-100 because endurance wasn't a huge concern due to low stamina costs for dodging, so most builds could vitgouge with high str/skl/blt/arc depending on build.

Dks 3 was 120 because twitch shitters like brandon shilled 120 endlessly because he wanted to make a build with 2 damage stats maxed out while also having softcapped vig/end and enough vit to wear his usual generic outfit with DMB sellswords, and his mindless drones all obeyed his every command and made sure to convince every person on the planet to also play at 120.

120 ended up being absolute cancer, and with BB players coming from a game that stopped at 100 average, the playerbase got split between 95-100 and 120, with some people going 125-130 because they don't understand the basics when it comes to making builds and pushed themselves out of the 100 range. Some 100 players got tired of the pure cancer 120 players brought, so they made builds around 95-98/99 to just barely avoid those 120s.

probably much better considering how if we got DS1, DS3, and BB back-to-back, people would be craving a different kind of game, on top of the bajillion weapons in the game. It's why people would say that it would be the best game in the series if it werent for the backward-ass design with SM, agility, and the general movement

Ash lake is the earliest. But if you're in anor londo, you can just rush through until the giant and buy them
Wheel and deal

If you go power-stance, you'll have to sink a bunch of points into Endurance. The paired attacks eat up a lot of stamina.

>How would Dark Souls 2 have been received if it had been the 3rd game released?

I would've been disappointed to go from the evolution of the series toward a faster and more skill-based approach into a slow as fuck slog type of number crunching game that DS2 is.

Most of the bossfights in DS2 are garbage especially compared to DS3 / BB bosses and even the great DLC bosses are basically "on par" with the good fights from those games.

Even disregarding the graphics the level design is garbage, the level themes are way too inconsistent to fit with each other, ADP was a terrible design decision and I think the real reason for ADP was to deceive newbies into thinking DS2 was "hard" despite the fact that the only reason for it being harder were mechanics that were outright deceptive.

Dark Souls 3 is the real Dark Souls 2 though so it would've benefited DS3 a lot because DS1 and DS3 back to back would've formed a coherent package, with DS2 in the middle the way DS3 ties into DS1 after that isn't all that smooth.

The best thing for Dark Souls 2 would've just been to be called something the fuck else because it's a good game in it's own right but everything it does to tie to game back to DS1 fails miserably.

In DS2, does 2handing a weapon actually multiply your str by 1.5 for AR calculations, or does it only help for meeting str requirements on weapons? I forget how it worked.

As stated in earlier post, I'm playing with the randomizer, Twinkling isn't where it's supposed to be.

No damage bonus, half the str req
You can farm it off clams, you god damn silly willy

IIRC only helps with STR requirements. There's some ass backwards convoluted formulas for the increased damage but they aren't influenced by your stats.

How the fuck do you kill the giant swap sloths?
They seem really imbalanced for that area.

Your "virtual" Str doubles, but the bonus is still calculated using your actual Str. So if you get 20 Str you can two-hand most weapons, but they'll hit like wet noodles.

If you're a Sorcerer equip Clever Rat's Ring, Ring of Magical Sharpness and if you can (because the online is dead) Old Monk's Headwrap and blast them to hell in hypermode using something like Fire spray or just regular Soul Ray. Fire spray especially is op as fuck for the swamp.

For melee strats keep to the islands, never ever aggro more than one at a time and be very careful about rolling when you're near the edge of the island because sometimes even if the model looks like you're on the ground, sometimes the game thinks you're not.

youtu.be/hYIvs2Rh89k?t=110

>db

So what? He exclusively posts invasions where he's up against multiple players. It's not like it's 99 like in 1 either.

And 90% of japs also seem to use siegbrau etc.

>>>db
A "friend" had surplus and dropped him or does he only invade 15 times per ng?

He seems to be on console so he probably duped with a friend and uses save backups.

Don't the giants drop DBs in TRC? I don't remember if they respawn but even if they didn't, using the purging monument probably brings them back anyway.