Is it rude to offer Craigslist people extra money to drive a few hours to my location for a PPI...

Is it rude to offer Craigslist people extra money to drive a few hours to my location for a PPI? I've done this like six times and they never reply

Yes? Why is this even a question you autist?

No, it's perfectly normal

This seemed like a polite way to put it, I just sent it so let's see what he says
>inb4 here's a proposition

Bump

On Craigslist, the burden is generally on the buyer. That suggests that if you want a PPI, you drive down to the seller, and then take the car to a local mechanic. Simple. (Exception may include where the seller is looking for serious buyers for a niche product that has a small market)

no but get it sent on a truck (at your cost) that way if its not what ya want it goes back on the truck. car dealers do it occasionally.

They think you're a scammer, obviously.

Why? This is what I was afraid of but I can't understand why

they don't believe you'll pay up, and rightfully so.

This offer makes you sound like a serial killer

As a seller, the majority of the people contacting you will not commit. For every 5 people who claim they are going to see the car one will actually show. The words of a potential buyer mean nothing until the point they hand you cash, so the thought of wasting hours of their day to drive somewhere and not making a sale means you are not going to get any takers.

I always offer money regardless of whether or not I buy. So if I promise an additional $200 to drive five hours round trip, he's getting that regardless

Because no one who isn't a scammer offers to pay more than asked...

Almost everyone on craigslist is a flake. Nobody is going to risk wasting their time driving HOURS in the hopes that someone is there to give some undisclosed amount of "extra" money. What if the car is junk, you are still going to pay them for driving 5 hours? How much? I would never reply to a text/email like that, not because it's rude, it's stupid to assume risk/spend time as the seller.

What a buyer promises and what actually happens are two entirely different things. They don't believe you and are honestly entirely correct in that assumption.

Just because you are the one of the five that actually pulls through doesn't mean the other four haven't ruined the experience for you.

have you never sold anything on craigslist? even the people that ended up buying from me usually show up late or reschedule.

if someone allegedly offered me $200 for a 5 hour round trip i wouldn't even bother responding. the main thing i sell is furniture, and one of the biggest perks you can offer is free or heavily discounted (e.g. $20) local delivery. i don't do it because i heard people will ask you to bring things out just so they can check them out and not commit to buying. if they want to look at it they can come to me.

It's not rude but nobody's going to drive "hours" for a PPI. You're going to have to change your business model to where you're the one traveling to meet your customer at the car if you want this to fly. And good luck with that as undependable as CL buyers are.

The fuck is a PPI

It's OK guys I fixed it. Crisis averted
Pre
Purchase
Inspection

Words fail me.

Pee pee infection