/hsg/ - Hearthstone general

Black magic Edition

>Latest News
New Card(s) being shown daily for Knights of the Frozen Throne. Many revealed today hearthpwn.com

>Deck lists, news etc
hearthstonetopdecks.com
hearthpwn.com
hsreplay.com (Buy Premium For Us)
thelightforge.com/TierList (Arena)
vicioussyndicate.com

>Open Tournaments
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/
zotac-cup.com

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/budget-ungoro-aggro-pirate-warrior-april-2017-season-37/
youtube.com/watch?v=jwGPoHLwmXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

What the fuck is it competing with? War golem?

>malchezaar has given me both pagles and the mayor during this run
just give me the good cards ok?

>opponent plays amber
>Yogg or tortilla primalist come out
>they spend 10 seconds mousing over it wondering why it didn't work

if this was TESL it would be a viable play

>always message people on friends list whenever I get 80g quest to share with them
>not once has someone messaged me to give me friend gold

Exactly. It's the definitive 7 drop that never needs to be replaced

wish I could help user.

What to go with, probably not antonidas cause I don't have many spells but is Y'shaarj too slow?
After my arena run I could help I've just had my 80gold quest sitting there for over a week

>people in this thread unironically think dead man's hand is a good card

How can such retards exist? Do you understand anything about card advantage / tempo / value?

DMH gives you zero card advantage, because you still draw the new cards one at a time. Unlike Elise, which gives you 5 at once (when you draw the pack).

DMH gives you zero tempo - the card does not affect the board at all. Unlike Elise, which is a 5 mana 5/5 or Jade Idol (when you don't shuffle).

DMH gives you value, but only if you draw all of the cards that were shuffled. That can be upwards of 10 turns worth of draws before you get the value. Unlike Elise, which gives you all of the value in one draw or Jade Idol that constantly grows in value as the game progresses.

DMH is only good when approaching fatigue and when you have a large hand. Unlike Elise and Jade Idol, which can be played at any point in the game in order to impact the board (e.g. vs aggro or midrange).

Imagine you draw both copies of DMH early. You now have 2 cards, possibly half your hand, that don't do anything. This loses you the game vs aggro/midrange, and potentially lets your control opponent rush you down midrange style because you have no threats. The only way around this is to run a lot of card draw, which is difficult in Warrior.

This meme is funny, haven't seen this copypasta before

Y'shaarj is good.

Go Ysharj.

Took mukla and then 2 cards later had another antonidas show up so took him then

cuck

There is literally no reason to run more than one copy. I cannot wait for the hundreds of posts complaining that it's too cheap for what it does.

it reminds me of all those people who thought discolock was going to be tier 1 in un'goro meta

Running two gives you the potential infinite that only Druid has, where you Dead Man's Hand with another copy in your hand, giving you an extra one that you can perpetually get back in your deck when you draw the copy

>play my volcanosaur with stealth to set up lethal for next turn
>opponent puts bog creeper in the way
>draw envenom venom, but I only have 6 hp left so I can't use my face on the bog creeper
>dagger up, play envenom venom anyway
>opponent concedes
wait what

I regret nothing
People always concede too early, it's silly.

Why would you run ANY copies? Give me ONE example a game you'd win via DMH.

It's not Jade Druid. Any card in your deck can't compete with a 1 mana 14/14. It's not Priest. They'll have 2 x Divine Spirit Inner Fire'd you already, because you spent most of the game with a 2 mana "do nothing" card in hand waiting for fatigue.

So what the fuck are you planning to beat with DMH that you couldn't already?

Dude infinite deathwings can beat every deck

You will receive 1 (one) card pack per wing you complete of the free content.

>Any card in your deck can't compete with a 1 mana 14/14
If you get acolytes in your deck and something like an execute or shield slam, you can play more cards than the druid every turn due to draw, while the druid is stuck with playing a single jade idol a turn.

>Play Kazakus in Arena
>Opponent sees that I can craft a spell
>Instaconcede

Ha ha ha

preorder fags utterly btfo

I was probably going to kill myself soon anyway, money has no meaning to me

Quite a few games with taunt warrior end up with both parties top decking and I'll just barely be whittling them down due to hero power.
Shuffling a Sulfuras into my deck would let me hero power>equip>hero power>swing for total of 20 damage for 7 mana.
Would be great against certain mage and taunt warrior matchups

and there is 2 (two) while entire wings absolutely free thanks to the immense generosity of Mr brode and team 5

>all of these hypergreed/value cards that are getting announced
I'm gonna have a fucking field day with nigger priest

Too bad for you. I will be getting Bolvar, Fireblood in my packs (and if I don't, I can use Arcane Dust to craft it, convenient!) and will build a Divine Shield Paladin deck to strike my foes down.

I started playing this game a few days ago. So far I've mainly been theorycrafting.

Should I buy the "welcome pack"? I'm worried that I'll feel obligated to keep playing if I spend money, and I don't like the idea of me having an advantage over my opponents because I invested more money. But on the other hand, if I eventually decide to buy it it would be more efficient to get it ASAP so I don't waste dust crafting stuff I roll. Have any of you faced that same dilemma and what did you decide to do?

I'm probably gonna pick up quest control priest. Seems like it got huge buffs with all these deathrattles.

How do you get infinite Deathwings with DMH?

Suppose you're at fatigue with DW and 1 x DMH - you'll play DMH, pass, draw 2nd DW, then discard the other DW when you play it. So you only get 1 DW.

Suppose you're at fatigue with DW and 2 x DMH - you'll play DMH, pass, then if you draw your 2nd DMH you can play 2 DWs in a row. If you draw your 2nd DW first you can only play 1 DW.

If you have a full hand when you DMH, it makes it very unlikely you'll even draw DW, and again - you're not going infinite.

Druid with Auctioneer has way, way better draw than Warrior. They play Auctioneer, then draw 4 cards and summon 3 10/10s. Meanwhile as Warrior you spend 2 mana shuffling then... hope the Druid left your Acolyte alive so you can play a bunch of shitty whirlwind cards to draw (which are now also shuffled into yourdeck)? Even in a dream scenario where you draw Executes and Shield Slams, you're still going card-for-card (at best) with the Druid, who then summons more 10/10s and kills you.

Shuffling special cards like Sulfuras and Elise Packs are the only real reason to play DMH, so maybe that'd work.

And because those games go to topdecks you want to run the card which does nothing when played and is worthless as a topdeck.
I guess you were being ironic or something, hard to guess with the stupidity of this general.

I bought the Welcome Pack just for the free legendary. It really depends on how lucky you feel.

You could get Tirion or Grommash and set the spine for a deck archetype. Or be like me and get King Krush and cry a lot.

Trump is such a smug asshole. He even puts SC after his name to remind everyone that he is a scientist

Stop playing the game. Everyone at rank 20 and above have either spent +$100 on the game or have been playing the game for years, so you'll just run into decks better than yours even at the shitter ranks.

Welcome pack is a good deal if you just like playing semi-casually

just build a pirate deck est for f2p and ne players and it cucks most decks

The game is designed to frustrate, anger and elicit more money from you. Get out now.

is it worth to spend a couple of bucks to get the Karazhan adventure?

Who the fuck would play HS semi-casually? New players have no safe place.

If you want to continue playing, don't buy the welcome pack, buy an account with big enough collection, would give you much much more.

the average dust in a classic pack is ~100 dust. is the 1000 + 400 dust worth the 5 dollars? This is assuming you roll well on your openings and get epics and golden. you could get 800 dust worth of trash

I literally had a game earlier today where my options were C'thun tortolian primalist and mayor fucking noggenfogger why doest this card never save my ass when i need it

Will the Welcome Bundle guarantee a non-duplicate classic class legendary after the next patch?

>Good Tier:
Spreading Plague
Defile
Bring It On!
Dead Man's Hand

>Garbage Tier:
Everything else, sorry boys

What about the cuck princes talk about those faggots

But how did you or other people in here able to overcome that tough?

Why do you think the 2 Priest cards are bad? I thought they were 2 of the strongest?

LOL. More like 40 dust bro

>Druid with Auctioneer has way, way better draw than Warrior.
Which only lasts as long as auctioneer stays up, which is one turn.

>you're still going card-for-card (at best)
Nope. The best case scenario is that you get acolyte(s), whirlwind effect and removal in your hand. Due to the acolytes and whirlwind effects, you can eventually fill your entire board with acolytes, and draw your entire hand with a single whirlwind effect after shuffling your deck back in. This gives you a removal every turn for the single jade idol the druid can play each turn, and allows you to deal damage to face with your acolytes.

Warrior theoretically wins the infinite fatigue match due to the amount of card draw they can have, infinitely, but whether getting to that point is realistic is another thing that I won't bother to think about.

>Discovering a Resurrect isn't worthy of at least "good"

"okay"

My advice for any person wanting to play Hearthstone now is to wait for the standard rotatation. Otherwise you need to open that wallet boy. I've been playing since Naxx and they recently doubled the amount of legendaries in each and set and removed adventures. The 50 for 50 pack doesn't cover shit so HS is very expensive.

go pirate warrior or buy an account and spam mage

>all spells
we didn't, we pay money whenever blizzard tells us to like the bitch brodecucks we are or we hardly 0lay the game any more and just come here to shitpost

personally my cure is wild. Of course, I started around naxx release and so have a pretty good collection, so I can play whatever class I want in wild and still end up rank 5 each month (sometime I switch to an easier deck first then sit at rank 5 and play my favorite deck of the moment). So yeah, I'm at a point where the game is enjoyable and there's no big rush to farm, so I just site back and stack gold/dust till new set, then spend all on new stuff and upgrade all classes.

Why pirate warrior specifically? About how much dust does it take to get a decent deck?

I was looking into hunter rush decks and those seem pretty cheap, but they also seem quite simple to play so that might be boring.

You'll just be discovering Northshire Clerics and Radiant Elementals. If you play it early you pay 4 mana for a bad minion, if you play it late it's completely unreliable because the "graveyard" is diluted. It's going to be a dead card in your hand if you put it in your deck and only decent if you get it from Lyra.

>that might be boring.
pretty much all cheap aggro decks are boring but efficient. The idea is to get a good deck, not a fun one. Fun comes later, like

hunter is bad without some karazhan cards and a few epics just make a budget pirate warrior deck

Unless you play Blademasters, which were a staple in earlier Rez Priest decks and actually made the deck somewhat viable.

And if you need the make the deck greedier to make ES work, so what? Has Priest EVER had a problem with being greedy?

try something like this
hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/budget-ungoro-aggro-pirate-warrior-april-2017-season-37/
you can add in some budget cards like ravasur runt ,eggnapper,abusive seargent until you have dust for the tier one list

around 4-5k dust for a t1 deck

made a pirate warrior deck for my wife who recently started. Its like 50% basic warrior card, patches and whatever pirate/good neutral where around. She got to rank 5 2 days ago so yeah, pretty good starter (and a bit of luck since patches was in open of the tourney packs, but even then it was possible to craft it pretty fast).

So when the fuck are we getting the earth elemental lord
We have Rag, Akir, and Neptulon
I'm pretty sure Kalimos doesn't count
I know nothing about Warcraft

>thought the free arena pass was a new card back
Was pretty disappointed wheni couldnt find it in my card back list. It looked nice

these types of retards are why we cant have complex mechanics

Therazane is her name. I've been begging for her since WOG, since it would have been the perfect time to release her.

But NOOOOOOO, they just HAD to have their retarded NPC fun card Hallazeal.

What I don't understand is why they didn't have the Ascendant Council. They would've fit perfectly in the elemental theme.
They're probably saving them along with Therazhane for a Cataclysm themed expansion

>Cataclysm themed expansion

They already got the Old Gods and most worshipers, most of the Elemental Lords, the Dragon Aspects, AND two versions of Deathwing into the game. The time for a Cata expansion has well and truly passed.

Are we going to get an alternate hero for Warlock or Druid this expansion?

Actually you're right. They've also already introduced Nefarian and Cho'gall and some bosses from the FL . Even Ozruk's been introduced.

Oops. Just found out
Another fucking Paladdin hero

these types of retards are why we cant have complex mechanics

youtube.com/watch?v=jwGPoHLwmXk

Name one hero that has been released who is better than any of the original nine.
Pro tip: you can't

Khadgar had god-tier BM before they removed the "Sorry" emote.

You

Morgl

It's okay, they're going to release other, equally fitting characters for the expansion.

If you make sure to preorder, you can get the Bolvar alternate hero for your Paladin!

>implying "wow" isn't even better bm

>Not "Sorry"ing an opponent when you discovered a lethal Pyroblast off Ethereal Conjurer

Though, now that I think about it, that card is the genesis of the cancer that Discover has become, so fuck that card.

And don't forget the Vindicator Maraad alternate hero, only for Paladin!

I hope you're both joking

Jaraxxus

>"Maraad...how?...did we end up in a shitty game?"

>That's what happens when you die in a filler alternate-universe expansion.

r8 this draft

Dante from the Devil May Cry series

5/7

Dwarves are top-tier and his sorry emote was the only one that felt sincere. Also the armor-up animation.

Good curve but no real strong cards, 4 or 5 wins

Noggenfogger can be a great pull sometimes.

He's relying on prince rolls

Dwarves are ugly little hoop sucking faggots. I hate Scottish "people"

It actually went 12-1. I should've lost that one game but the opponent conceded because he thought I had lethal.

Overall, fun run. Thought I'd do worse because I lost my first game, and then almost lost my second game as well.

Example of an amazing prince roll. Played it before his t6 to prevent steeds and dinosizes. Tried to add him afterwards to ask how badly cho cucked him, but he didn't accept my friend request.

Also got pretty good value from Nat Pagle. Drew me 3 or 4 cards. Noggenfogger and the other Nat weren't quite as good though.