/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #3341

Power Rangers Edition

Previous Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
#KSGGames (IRC Chat for Risk and other games): pastebin.com/eaqK2kPq
Summer's Clover (Unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (Pre-release version): pastebin.com/weL41ehu
KS Alpha: Actually finished edition! mega.nz/#!btth3JKI!tyL9ajI8oV7Xj1nC0Itw76xQ--tdDGeg92VpRxqcTpI
Bugfix: steamcommunity.com/groups/KSPreAlpha/discussions/0/135512931364389098/
Pastebin: pastebin.com/syJHnDCB
Writebin: pastebin.com/PpGnE3nc
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/fFCGBSdi
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
Hanako Image Database: hanakoisbestgirl.com
"I'm such a failure, I'll never find my Katawa" pastebin.com/B8bLKPz1

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Oykqr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lilly!

second for hugging the hana

Nth for headpatting Hana!

Girls CAN love girls

fifth for spooning Lilly

That is forbidden!

What would you do with your Hana?

leave her alone

Lilly!

Head pat and cummies for her scars

Lilly!

Hanako would be a cute mom.

One for Mish

Donald!

>Be Kenji
>Total NEET
>Eat junk food all day, never work out, rarely wear deodorant
>Women are repulsed by you and you are repulsed by women
>One day decide you've had enough
>timetogetyourshittogether.jpg
>start eating healthy
>start exercising
>A LOT
>suddenly find yourself in the company of buxom brown babes and spunky loli chicks
>Life is good

It can happen to you too, user. Believe in yourself.

I'd cuddle her, and hold her hand, and tell her I love her, and snuggle with her in bed.

Can it really happen to me? If I start going to the gym and lifting will I get a cute gf who loves me?

Of course, just check Veeky Forums, it's full of happy people that started lifting and got a gf.

>It's full of happy people that started lifting and got a gf.
Good one.

Dude, aren't you fucking Navy or something? You're supposed to tell us that getting swole is worth it.

I was making a Veeky Forums is gay joke.
But yeah, exercise is important kids.

>I was making a Veeky Forums is gay joke.
Ohhhh...now I feel dumb. But yes, exercise is important.

Twenty Fifth for Saki

I should have done an additional line saying.
>got a gf
But I am a failure at making jokes.

God I love that drawing.

You wouldn't happen to have the full version of that sweaty Saki, would you?

imgur.com/a/Oykqr
Enjoy

It really is perfect JUST LIKE SAKI

Niiiiicee. Thanks

suzu!

will grills actually be more attracted to me if I do get swole, or is it a meme?

One of the Veeky Forums stereotypes is its a bunch of swole guys who are still just as socially awkward and bad with women as the rest of Veeky Forums.

Guys will love you.

How is hana so cute? Whenever I see her adorable smile I feel weak in the knees.

I don't know man, she's too good for this world

>tfw socially awkward and bad with women
can lifting save me from this?

She's so cute it hurts
I wish she was real

when did you last talk to your parents, /ksg/?

i was going to ask why you depressing lot are still here but i have another question

do you guys realize that Misha is suicidal or does everyone here think she's A-ok by the end
also how many of you actually think she's a lesbian lmao

I have minivan full of concerns for misha's mental health.

Having a Suzu on your bed is all well and good, but remember to not abuse the Snooz.

i'd never do that, the snooz is made for cuddles , not for molest

I talked to my mom a little over a week ago. I used to call her so often... I really need to talk to her today.

Pretty sure she wasn't into Hisao's dick. It's debatable whether she even came.

>misha will end up killing herself in her early 20s
feels bad man

I never implied whether she wanted Hisao or not. Simply implied that since she was pretty much conditioned into a life where the only person who cared about her was a blue haired deaf girl, she probably "fell in love" with her.

Really though, it felt more like a sisterly "love", or a really close friends "love". The kind of relationship you share with someone who you can tell the whole world to, but not someone you'd mess with in that sense.

Since we're here, we probably don't have someone like that, but it's common for people to have someone like this, especially when they're older and have withstood the storm, or whatever that saying was.

Misha's "Problem" was an entire childhood in solitude as Shizune's route had suggested, and as she had suggested. She was a "loner child" and her way of acting is only like so because she puts on a mask to hide her real problems and feelings; the mask breaks away in Shizune's route, but in the end, it still seemed like it was there.

Due to this problem of hers, when she found someone who would be that super close friend, she mistook it for feelings of love and attraction. It's not like it only happens to girls, it happens to guys too. It's how manipulation takes place, but the manipulator isn't always aware of what they're doing, similar to this case.

Shizune doesn't want to manipulate Misha; if she realized she was doing it, she would probably feel terrible, but wouldn't want their close friendship to change, which is more than understandable. Misha, also understandably, wouldn't want their friendship to change were she to realize the consequences of it changing.

TL DR: If you close the world to someone and then show them the best part of it, you can twist them around your fingers easier than a piece of string. However, in the case of this manipulator (Shizune), she had accidentally walked into Misha's closed world and showed her a beautiful part of the real world, and Misha mistook it for the whole world.

Wonder why Crud decided Hanako is cripplingly shy but loves karaoke.

i mean i'm pretty shy, but i do like karaoke

I don't think Misha is explicitly suicidal but she is definitely depressed by the end of Shizune's route, and once they all move on with their lives I can imagine Misha being just fine. Edgy Alpha route means nothing.

I want to cuddle a girl, /ksg/

Shizune is the most manipulative person in the game, though. She kept Misha around because Misha is useful.

Sadly this is probably true. Unless someone shows her a bit more of the world, or the same world she had lived in with Shizune but even better, she would probably believe "Nothing better could come of this world. I should remember the past and end it here."

She could also make the closer and safer choice: "Nothing better could come of this world. I should accept it and move on, and hope for the best."

>Edgy Alpha route means nothing
Right and wrong. Right, because it does mean absolutely nothing to the true ending, but wrong, because the outcome is a possibility either way you look at it.

There is a chance that Misha would be fine, and that would be her coming to the conclusion of making the safer choice; however, when you make a checklist of your life, you get this:

[x] Terrible childhood
[x] Only friends are the girl I put my life into and her boyfriend who's nice to me
[x] My only aspiration in life is to become a teacher for sign language, which is based off of previously mentioned girl
[x] Without my fake personality, I'm just a broken person who probably wouldn't have the courage to even talk to someone I want to make friends with

I'm sorry to say it, but she's really got a slim chance in life. You have to be pinning it on a shard of chance that she meets someone that's like Hisao is to Shizune/Emi/Rin/Lilly/Hanako, but even better. You're dealing with someone probably even more suicidal than how Hanako was earlier in her route. You'd need one of those "near-invincible VN protagonists with surprising amounts of knowledge for their age" kind of protagonists. Ever played Fruits of Grisaia? Someone like Yuuji is what I'm thinking.

ksg mansion when

Misha's mistake was having Shizune as a friend, since Shizune seems to have no feelings besides wanting to destroy everyone around her.

I'm still not convinced she isn't a lesbian, but at least Niceposter seems to have read the route. I'm no fan of Shizune myself, but wanting to destroy everyone around her? Come on, user.

So is this guy the new Patient or what

hahaha, nice one
cute as fuck, too

Everything you said is invalidated by the fact that Shizune DID know how Misha felt about her and never resolved the issue. This is explicilty said in her route.

Not Hanako levels.

Shizune tells you that when she was a kid her hobby was to find people who were good at something, get better at it than they were, then embarrass them in front of everyone else by showing how much better she was. Then she would lose all interest in the hobby.

Thats the joke.

I think you're extrapolating that bit about embarrassing others from something, but afaik it ain't the game script

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The near-truth.

But you do also have to think about it in this way: Shizune is just as broken as the others. Raised in a family with a father who's an arrogant asshole who pays no heed to her deafness; if my memory serves, he even told her to learn how to speak and hear, etc.

Yes, her route was written badly. It did terrible at implications of her problems. It barely did more than drop a super subtle hint, then walk away from the issue and make you pretend like you knew what it even was in the first place.

However, it's possible to understand it. She was ignored in the most brutal way possible; through expectations. She's born, only to be deaf. Everyone is disappointed. "What a waste of a human life", is more than likely what her father thought, though he still pushed his own ideals and thoughts of grandeur onto her. She was pressured and molded into a "great person" that she didn't even have time to think for herself. She just thought that "if I do what a top student or great person would do, I wouldn't have to face any more problems." She closed off most emotions in her life.

She got selfish with Hisao and Misha. She never thought of Misha's emotions (And why would she; she's barely thinking of her own) and only thought of Hisao's when she had it nailed into her head that she's just thinking everything wrong.

I'll add you in here, it'll answer your statement.
You probably noticed it yourself; after a bit into Shizune's route, she starts to pay attention to Misha. Her sadness becomes more apparent, and I'll guarantee that she wouldn't so much as care for her feelings earlier in the route.

The truth, though, is that it was too late for Misha at that point anyways. Even if they were to become real friends, Shizune would be a reminder that her life was always unfair. Shizune, which seemed like a ray of sunlight in a closed box, was just some asshole with a flashlight fucking around.

Does it change the fact that her hobby was to destroy other peoples' joy?

for Rin

Is there one like this for lilly or hana?

No, but maybe I'll do a Hana one later. I need to sleep, gotta work tonight.

Note that she had this when she was a kid; when she still felt some childish hope in her life.

Shizune's "hope" was to prove to others that she was better, or even "the best". It's an example of her father pushing his ideals onto her and how it affected her when she was young. She thought she could gain some worth and not be a "deaf, useless kid" to her family by being the best at everything. It wasn't a direct attack at other kids to ruin their sense of self-worth, but more an attempt to gain some self worth, which she did without thinking of others.

Mind you all, I don't like Shizune. She's my least favorite "girl" out of all the others simply because her reason to be such a bitch was very small and weak.

If it isn't obvious yet, I greatly exaggerated her suffering. I don't think the "suffering" her father gave her was too greatly exaggerated, but it's not really as bad as it sounds. She was a neglected child, of course, and nowadays they happen to be a dime a dozen. Doesn't make it any less worse, mind you, but it's why I don't like Shizune; to be unaware of the people around you simply because you choose to be unaware doesn't make you a better person when someone comes along, slaps you in the face, and tells you to clean up your mess. It just makes you a nuisance.

I think Shizune realizes this by the end of her route. I think she realized just how big of a bitch she was, and now that she has Hisao, she can open her world to others.

Sadly, and I say it once again, for Misha, it was too late. When Shizune was introduced into her world, she had already lost the battle against fate. Let's be honest here. If you were shut into a box for 15 or so years and all of a sudden someone put their hand in, you would grab onto it. It could've been a bad hand, but you won't know until it's too late. It's sad, but it can't be helped.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. I'm sleepy. Might play this game again soon. By the way, stop coming back to this board.

Goodnight, KSG.
I love each and every one of you.

I'm going to bed soon, too. Goodnight, anons. Love you too.

I won't, but you should definitely not come back

No, I remember that too.

I agree. We already have one resident incoherent rambler.

>heart eyes
my chest feels tight

Ah well, I'm only saying it for your own good. No one should come back to this board is what I really meant, so if it felt like a direct attack, apologies.

I shouldn't really expect anything better from Veeky Forums, but I thought you guys would change your shitty moody "everything must stay the same" attitude from last time I was around here.

Anyways, now I'm off for real. Ended up watching one episode of oregairu while waiting for my phone to charge.

So much hate in this thread about a romance game

/ksg/, how do I get a gf?

see

who is angus?

the devil himself

>le Veeky Forums hates change hue hue hue XD
Maybe if you could string a point together without contradicting yourself we would be more receptive to your defence of the worst written girl of the worst route, something you admit to yourself. Maybe sanctimoniously telling a community that what they are doing is moronic when you yourself are on this board. Maybe blogposting about your anime is unrelated. Maybe using a trip on an ANONYMOUS image board to spout your poorly developed nonsense is annoying.

Angus is Lilly's scottish fuck who she inevitably returns to after ditching the frail mommy's boy beta that is Hisao 'too dumb to remember to take his meds' Nakai.

Angus is a Scottish version of Chad.

He was forced into dropping his trip a while ago and now seems to have put it back on, bit shit.

>complaining about the use trips when they're a facet of the fucking site and have been for ages
Thanks for living up to the stereotypes, user.

People who make dumb comments about how Veeky Forums does something almost certainly only use it to grab le ebin screenshots for memes.

Why not try a website where using a personal identifier is an intended part of the experience and wasn't purely implemented for the usage of content creators who need to verify their identity? Like literally any other forum, social media site or messaging platform on the internet? That way you won't be attacked for rambling incoherently with a trip on and we won't have to deal with you.

Trips are only intermittently okay for content creators, not blog posters. Go back to your safe place.

Agreed.

h a n a c u t e

no

cutest.jpg

maybe i shouldn't bring up this topic but who's Patient

See

Why is it always the lillyfags?

> That way you won't be attacked for rambling incoherently with a trip on and we won't have to deal with you.
Except that wasn't even me, user.
>Trips are only intermittently okay for content creators
Then maybe it's time I come up with a trip for myself.

>guy who keeps beating a dead horse with edits is going to start using a trip in support of a blogposter
Doing a think

>beating a dead horse
Do you even know where you are?

ebin

Freud was right.

>Maybe it's time I come up with a trip for myself.
Do you *need* to be identified? An ongoing project is on a different level to edits.

Thanks Doc Dorian.

>Doing a think
Something you don't seem comfortable with doing yourself considering how you labeled niceposter's critiques of Shizune's route a "blogpost" when it was really the only intelligent fucking conversation that's actually ABOUT Katawa Shoujo this place has seen in ages. You want to keep things simple, just shitpost about Angus 24/7, that's on you. Don't get your panties in a twist whenever someone actually wants to talk about the game.

>guy incoherently rambles about Shizunes route
>every post ends with some point about how we should leave this place
>turns into a straight blogpost about what anime he's watching and when he's going to bed
>intelligent conversation
You have a really low bar for what qualifies as intelligent discussion.