Distracted driving causes more deaths than drinking and driving

Distracted driving causes more deaths than drinking and driving
Tired driving causes more deaths than drinking and driving

Veeky Forums, the smart thing is to ban people from driving cars, and you know this. You don't like it, but you know this is a surefire way to save lives. Those people dying in horrific accidents don't appreciate the risks they take when they take their eyes off the road... but they are still people's fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, cousins, coworkers, teachers. Lets make manual drive cars recreational and get rid of drivers' licenses for good. What need is there for ID except buying booze and voting? There are plenty of possible alternatives that don't even involve a national ID system- birth certificate tear-offs/copies, proof of residency, social security, state tax IDs, etc... you could also cut a fuck ton of DOT spending when you don't have to hire drivers license testers or registrars, and people can drive at any age if they can reach the pedals (recreational, on farms, etc).

fpbp

I used to make 16-20 hour drives nonstop all the time when I was 18, but that shit was hell for the last 4 or so hours every single time. At age 30 I realize how retarded that was and just stop if I'm feeling tired. Endangering the lives of others and your own self is not worth getting somewhere slightly faster and several times more miserable.

get a load of this faggot

Isn't that the point of self driving cars? To remove the fatal issue with driving?

I mean most people would rather look at their phone now days that look at the road or really anything else.

Hell most new cars come with things like lane assist and emergency stopping standard to counteract the fact that people literally cannot put down the phones.

Self driving cars aren't going to be commercially available for a long time. Commercial transport isn't going to come back In full force either without car manufacturers taking huge profit and job losses.

better idea, mandatory equipment in cars that disables cell signals in the car

yeah, but just think about how good it feels to finally get there and crash in a real bed instead of your back seat or whatever

lololololol
Or I don't know just force people to use manual?
You know what those people should die if they are dumb enought to do that. remove a tard from the gene pool fucking idiots

this desu desu senpai
But what happens if a psycho is ramming them and pointing a gun? happend to one dude in Aus. How would they be able to cal 911?

fuck you

>tfw i'm a responsible and always sober driver

Feels good to be me.

>must svae the maximum amount of people in the world
Nah m8, if I was north korea, I would have started world war 3 by now.

We need to get rid of some of these people. Im willing to take one for the team. So be it.

Oh yeah and I dont drink either. And I dont have a car. hell I dont even have a license.

Soiboi posters BTFO once again by superior logic arguments.

911 is required by law to work in all locations and regardless of how limited the cell service is. They'd still be able to call.

>Or I don't know just force people to use manual?
Are you implying that someone who knows how to drive manual can't drive manual drunk? Confirmed busrider if so.

>911 is required by law to work in all locations
Not in australia m8

Terrible reception here anywhere on top of our shit internet. I dont even bother having a mobile phone. Whats the point

I've even done this and microslept/napped as a taxi at 25 it's not that bad.

Most people suck at driving distracted or not

can we stop having these threads

SHALL

Dude have you ever even sat in a manual car?
You can eat, smoke a cigarette and send dick pics at your fuckbuddy at the same time while driving a manual car if you really want to do that.

Why do you people always assume driving manual is some kind of stressful and intense job? Do you think we don't have people texting, eating, drinking, applying makeup or getting road head here in yurop where manuals are the standard?

This. Western society is far too obsessed with public safety and protecting/saving the weak. The gene pool needs to be thinned via survival of the fittest

Take a fuckin risk would ya